StarCraft® II

Cannot install starcraft 2 patches

Before I start, I have starcraft 2 on disk, and have played in on a different computer. I just built my computer, and the drivers are up to date.

So heres where I'm at. I have Installed starcraft 2 from the disk. Afterwords It says it's going to download 1 of 24 patches. However the update screen keeps shutting down with no error message.

First attempt to fix: I manually downloaded the 1.4.4 patch from the battle.net patch page, and it started looping from the 1.1.0.16561. It kept patching this same file over and over for about 2 hours.

Second attempt to fix: I downloaded the 1.4.3 patch from a secondary website, it got my starcraft 2 updated to this point. However when I tried to have the standard starcraft2.exe file do the rest, it continued to shut down.

Third attempt to fix: I continuously opened the closing file and have it go 1-2% up each time. And then, when it finally go to 99%, whenever I reopened it it wouldn't go any further.

I'm on windows 7 64xbit
My pc is good enough to run this.
Safe mode didn't work
I'm on administrative account and also tried run as administrator.
Also, when it first loads up, it says patching to 1.4.4. Wondering if this should be 1.5.
I've tried doing all this with the client downloaded from battle.net.
I don't receive a single error message when the update screen shuts down.
All of my firewalls are off.
Do not tell me to uninstall and reinstall, as I've done this too many times already.

Any input would be nice, as my support ticket has not been answered. Thanks for you time.
Edited by Karasu on 9/19/2012 12:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
09/19/2012 12:50 PMPosted by Karasu
I'm on administrative account and also tried run as administrator.

I'd try it on another User Account in Windows. I've seen cases where the sole, or only, User Account can sometimes get corrupted permissions.

09/19/2012 12:50 PMPosted by Karasu
All of my firewalls are off.

What firewalls do you have? Ideally you'll want to have them on, and enabled, and configured to allow StarCraft II full access to the Internet. Otherwise, I would temporarily uninstall them, and reinstall them after StarCraft II is fully patched up.
Reply Quote
Thank you for the advice, I have tried running it on different accounts, multiple, and I have unistalled nortan antivirus/firewall, and have had my fire wall on and off multiple times.

Recently, i once again uninstalled, reinstalled, loaded up 1.4.3 patch. Then loaded 1.4.4 patch separately, then once I loaded the .exe file, it will say its still updating to 1.4.4, and it continues to close.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
09/19/2012 02:54 PMPosted by Karasu
I have unistalled nortan antivirus/firewall

Have you tried Norton's removal tool?
Reply Quote
I have not, I actually don't really know what you mean by the removal tool.
Reply Quote
Having same issue and its really starting to piss me off.
Reply Quote
I have the same issue, updater keeps closing with no error message. I just want to play the game, don't see why I cant play single player without connecting to the internet and constantly updating. I bought this game to kill time while deployed and have yet to be able to play it, waste of money. If someone knows how to play this without a internet connection and without having to update please let me know otherwise I want my money back Blizzard.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/7414952169

do this
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]