StarCraft® II

Advice for poor performance since patch 1.5

I played sc2 for over a year on a Macbook Pro (Intel i5, NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M).

I had to keep all graphics settings on low and have a fan blowing nearby just to keep it at a reasonable temperature, and keep the game somewhat playable during large battles.

Patch 1.5 took that reasonably-playable game on a mac and destroyed it. The FPS drops during battles in team games made the game unenjoyable.

So what did I do to solve this? I built a PC and put Windows on it for about $550.

Seriously, on a Macbook, my average APM would be in the 90s. Now, with a decent graphics card, my APM is often 110 to 115. I play at much higher graphics settings, and the FPS is always high. It's fantastic, and I won't recommend sc2 on a mac anymore.
Reply Quote
This is surprising since the 1.5 patch has had the opposite effect for so many mac users.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]