StarCraft® II

Heart of the Swarm Beta Giveaways

Community Manager
The Heart of the Swarm beta is in full force. Over the next few weeks, players who have created a beta profile may be invited to participate in the multiplayer beta as well as players who pre-order the Heart of the Swarm from Battle.net. Additionally, influential members of the community and fan sites may be offering a variety of beta contests and giveaways. To help keep you up to date with all the beta giveaways that are currently taking place, we will be updating this thread to provide you with the latest information surrounding these promotions, so check back often!

Ongoing Giveaways
  • BlizzardCS Facebook Giveaway
  • Carbot Animations Giveaway

• Completed Giveaways
  • Team Liquid 10th Anniversary Giveaway
  • ESL Beta Giveaway
  • Husky's Heart of the Swarm Dance Battle
  • ESFI World Beta Giveaway
  • Reddit Pumpkin Carving Contest
  • Intel Pack4DreamHack Comment Giveaway
  • Raptr Rewards Beta Giveaway
  • RTS Guru Giveaway
  • GamersBook Giveaway

• Good luck, have fun, and be sure to let us know what you think about the Heart of the Swarm multiplayer beta!

Please Note: It can take up to two weeks for accounts to be flagged for the Heart of the Swarm beta after a contest or giveaway has concluded. If you are one of the lucky winners and over two weeks have passed since you were contacted, please get in touch with the contest organizer. Customer Service will be unable to assist with the distribution of beta access.
    Edited by Aldrexus on 1/8/2013 3:37 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    Good stuff! Thank you for the update.
    Reply Quote
    awesome thanks blizzard!
    Reply Quote
    woooot
    Reply Quote
    Looking forward to it.
    Reply Quote
    YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Reply Quote
    Exciting new!

*crosses fingers I get in*
    Reply Quote
    You guys like bribes, right?
    Reply Quote
    Maybe stop inviting the higher league players for a change!? I'm only gold and ive been a beta participant with over 60 hours of SC2 a week, and I haven't even gotten an invite. It said it was judged partly on how active your account was on SC2 recently. :/ Hope i get in this time.
    Reply Quote
    Are you more likely to be welcomed into beta if you play more often?
    Reply Quote
    So as the 10th reply I'll hope that qualifies me as a winner, hope to see my invite in the next 2 weeks!
    Reply Quote
    I really really really really (as many reallys as it takes for any Blizzard staff member to recognize my eagerness to test out the new HOTS units) want a HOTS beta key!!! I hope I get the opportunity.
    Reply Quote
    I hope the numbers of people getting into beta increases dramatically because it's almost impossible to find new up to date videos of the beta game play so far.
    Reply Quote
    :D
    Reply Quote
    WOOHOO! anytime now,if i enterenough of these I'm bound to eventually get in right?
    Reply Quote
    I signed up, but I only have 63 posts but I joined in 2010.
    Lucky me.
    Reply Quote
    does this mean everyone who has their account set up to recieve beta will get one? Or is it still a select few?
    Reply Quote
    ive been signed up to recieve beta since sc2 came out so for you guys just signing up good luck!
    Reply Quote
    09/25/2012 08:13 PMPosted by Violet
    Maybe stop inviting the higher league players for a change!? I'm only gold and ive been a beta participant with over 60 hours of SC2 a week, and I haven't even gotten an invite. It said it was judged partly on how active your account was on SC2 recently. :/ Hope i get in this time.

If you combined all the hours I work and eat per week, it still wouldn't add up to 60.
    Reply Quote
    My (optimistic) date predictions:

Sept 28 - Oct 12 - HotS beta expanded to more testers
    Nov 1 - WoL season 4 ends, HotS beta phase one ends, will be inaccessible for several weeks
    Nov 2 - WoL season 5 starts, HotS release date announced, social media hype site revealed
    Nov 24 - HotS beta phase two begins, poss. open beta & server stress test
    Dec 3 - HotS beta phase two ends
    Dec 7 - Social media hype site concludes, TV ads run
    Dec 10 - WoL season ends
    Dec 11 - HotS released, new season begins across all ladders
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]