StarCraft® II

Brutal All In Mission - Need help!

I have been stuck on Brutal All In for a little over a week. I can only get the artifact to charge to about 85%. None of the walkthroughs on Youtube seem to work. Does anyone have any advice that could help me out. Im getting frustrated! I would appriciate all the help I could get. Thanks.

Fighting Air. Non Fortress. Ghost. No Ravens. No Mind Control just PSI Towers.
Edited by DeathByFew on 9/25/2012 11:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Therein lies the problem. You are doing Air without the Mind control. You need mind control in order to snag some brood lords and mutalisks. It's almost impossible to do without it unless you have very high APM and mechanics. Ghosts are great in this mission as well but only if you have the range upgrade and the bunker range upgrade as well. Put ghosts in there and you can be on the same range of attack as brood lords.

Pump out A LOT of vikings. I cannot emphasize that enough. I mean at least 30 or so and have them on patrol around your base near the chokes and a few in the mineral lines to block out the attacks.
Reply Quote
Nevermind. Sorry for the post. I bunkerd the ledge up in front where the leveithan comes in. In the back by my base. Put bunkers at bottom of the cliff in my base. Built 6 Barraks. And Massed marines mixed with medics, a few medivacs and about 20 ghost. I pulled in my choaks at the very begining toward my base. At about 85% after that push I sent out about 25 scvs to die to gain their supply. At about 90% where air gets real heavy at artifact, I put about 15 more ghost at far top of ledge (plus my 6 bunkers full of ghost). And used sniper ability to keep the broodlords at bay. I put 2 ghost and a Battlecruiser at back of minerals for rear support against broodlords. I was 3-3 at very end. One Engeneering bay. Should have used two. Put as Keri came in for last push my 3 armour upgrade was done about 30 sec prior.

It took me 5 or 6 reverts to accomplish it but I did it, FINALY!
Thanks though.

I couldnt go mech b/c of supply. The only mech I pushed out were about 4-6 medivacs.

Tip my hat to video below. I followed is strat till about midway. I stayed mainly with his

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1zRFpDcpnY
Edited by DeathByFew on 9/25/2012 2:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You know what I did?
I took out air and then massed the living crap out of 3/3 tanks. Yep...nothing but tanks, psi disruptors a few air turrets to deny overlord drops.

Kerrian killd 6 tanks? that's okay. Use your tech reactors to pump out 6 new ones and reinforce that position.

Occasionally things would get a little crazy and I'd end up having to use the beacon and wipe out the swarm so I could take a few tanks and clear out the closest nydus worms.
Reply Quote
You know what I did?
I took out air and then massed the living crap out of 3/3 tanks. Yep...nothing but tanks, psi disruptors a few air turrets to deny overlord drops.

Kerrian killd 6 tanks? that's okay. Use your tech reactors to pump out 6 new ones and reinforce that position.

Occasionally things would get a little crazy and I'd end up having to use the beacon and wipe out the swarm so I could take a few tanks and clear out the closest nydus worms.

Yeah, ground is pretty ridiculously easy if you have psi-disruptor. It's pretty hard if you only have MC though.
Reply Quote
It seems that nydous is easier with the psi-disruptor, air is easier with the hive mind-emulater.
Reply Quote
09/25/2012 10:45 AMPosted by DeathByFew
Problem here. Hive Mind Emulators are a must have against air. Everything that flies, Mind Control it. Even possibly leave the Leviathan alive as a source of free units. Ghosts are good though, the best I can offer is just to make a lot of them. Snipe Overseers and BLs, shoot mutas, snipe the Leviathan if possible. Also, get all the upgrades for them. Especially permacloak.
Reply Quote
Mass Seige tanks and merc Tanks with all the upgrades and perks, put them in the center of you're base just northwest of your starting command center.

Make sure that you're up against the nydus worms and not the air.

Easy win.
Edited by Enigma on 10/30/2012 2:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Here is how I did it.
For this to work you need planetary fortresses and both siege tank upgrades.
Take out the merc compound, you won't be needing it.
Move both siege tanks to that spot and all your troops. Salvage all bunkers.
Build a second factory.
Build to planetaries up by the artifact.
Keep about 10 scv's up there for repair.
build 2 psidisrupters on the high ground and 2 on the low ground.
Just mass tanks up where the merc compound was.
You'll need about 1 page worth of tanks at least.
You will also need about a page worth of marines to deal with kerrigan.
ANd thats it. Just repair and replace tanks !@# needed. But that ball of tanks will own everything that comes.
And get the +3 weapon research for it and the marines. Armor is optional.
EDIT:Enigma beat me to it. But seriously easy win.
Edited by Fonzy on 11/28/2012 2:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
I just beat this. What I did:

Massed marines medics, tanks and banshees. Bought every merc whenever I could, and built 3 bunkers at each choke point + psi disrupter (i took out the air) and got all upgrades (bio, mech and ship weapons and armor). I used my banshees to go around and snipe nydus worms and my rines and tanks took care of everything else. My first game I tried to use Planetary fortresses to defend the choke points and it worked until about 65% where kerrigan would just destroy them in seconds. Second game I got to 99% and lost. ._. So I loaded last save which brought me to 84% built 4 bunkers + the tech reactor massed marines and bunkers and sent them all to the top where the artifact was. Lol'd as the zerg tried to climb up the hill (it was literally covered in bunkers that had the sentry guns + rines).
Edited by Valsoriel on 12/9/2012 4:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
this pisses me off so much .... I can even count how many times I died and yelled at my screen lol
Reply Quote
I have been stuck on Brutal All In for a little over a week. I can only get the artifact to charge to about 85%. None of the walkthroughs on Youtube seem to work. Does anyone have any advice that could help me out. Im getting frustrated! I would appriciate all the help I could get. Thanks.

I am having the same problem, here is my thread:
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/7979929582
'
Therein lies the problem. You are doing Air without the Mind control. You need mind control in order to snag some brood lords and mutalisks. It's almost impossible to do without it unless you have very high APM and mechanics. Ghosts are great in this mission as well but only if you have the range upgrade and the bunker range upgrade as well. Put ghosts in there and you can be on the same range of attack as brood lords.

Pump out A LOT of vikings. I cannot emphasize that enough. I mean at least 30 or so and have them on patrol around your base near the chokes and a few in the mineral lines to block out the attacks.
what if we cant go back and change it, I have to redo the entire campaign because I chose other upgrades? I beat this with every other difficulty, why do I have to have ghosts or viking with upgrades? should we be able to beat this with ni upgrades? (takes skillz though)
Edited by JCarrillo on 2/28/2013 3:55 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]