Many people wanted to know the reasons of my lack of interest in this game, I post them here so the ones who are mainly concerned can read them. I reduced my subjective opinion as much as possible.
- A-move units with zero micro needed to do a lot of damage: colossus
- Units that forces a very specific counter otherwise you have high chances to lose: colossus->viking/corruptor
- Units push themselves, even enemy units, this causes to never be sure if your unit wall is ling proof
- Moving units have a smaller footprint than a static one moving ball armies are even smaller.
- The perfect pathing combined with unlimited selection, i think they must do unlimited selection with worse pathing to make more space between units OR perfect pathing with limited selection.
- Inability to move units between 2*2 buildings and bunkers. Supply depots wouldn't be needed at the bottom of main ramp.
- The spammable low tech anti-micro skills: forcefield and fungal , you can't counter them once you get caught. With brood war statis, you can save the units and about lockdown, it's hard to pull off and it's on only one unit.
- Smartcast, if there was no smartcast, spells could be much stronger because you would have to select spellcasters one by one. This could create comeback situations.
- Comebacks are only very rarely possible.
- The high number of workers needed per base, this causes to not need many bases spread out on the map. The high income rate is a big factor as well of not taking more than 3 bases.
- No highground advantage, the one in sc2 is only present in early game and is an illusion in the rest of the game. It causes terrain to not have much meaning.
- The big range of units compared to their radius, the consequence is too many units shoot at the same time and thus the dps rate of the army is huge.
- The dps rate causes players to not micro a lot
- There is no multiples battles occuring at the same time, and no, harass and drops are a different thing. The high dps rate causes that as well.
- Protoss early/mid game is balanced around the forcefield and forces them to take a very very close third base, you can't have too many paths leading to it otherwise a protoss can't forcefield everything.
- You can't place a lot of chokes in the middle of a map otherwise forcefields break everything (cloud kingdom is borderline on this subject)
- Every 4 players map with reflection symmetry must have close positions disabled because natural to natural distance is too short, it takes away a lot of diversity
- Units move too fast
- Tiny area control available, only tanks and swarm hosts can do it. Creep does it too but not very much.
- The only choke control unit/spell is the forcefield
- The terrain editor is extremely rigid, especially for ramps.
- The big size of expands, the resource gathering building having a 5*5 footprint
- Forcing 8 minerals, 2 gas expands
This list isn't complete, this is what i remember at this moment.