- A-move units with zero micro needed to do a lot of damage: colossus
what about marines, zerglings, roaches, immortals, marauders, zealots, thors, and ultralisks?
- Units that forces a very specific counter otherwise you have high chances to lose: colossus->viking/corruptor
What about baneling drops? fungal + nural? how about ghosts and flanks? Do you think maybe banshees would preform well vs colo?
- Units push themselves, even enemy units, this causes to never be sure if your unit wall is ling proof
2 units instead of the usual one will make a wall lingproof, usually you actually will loose too many lings for the forcing to be worthwhile if there are 2.
- Inability to move units between 2*2 buildings and bunkers. Supply depots wouldn't be needed at the bottom of main ramp.
currently it's actually 3 2*2 buildings to block a ramp. Still cheap, but more than 2. 2 bunkers must have 2 scvs that are vulnerable to a queen to be built. the queen buff probably makes the neutral depo unnecessary.
- The spammable low tech anti-micro skills: forcefield and fungal , you can't counter them once you get caught. With brood war statis, you can save the units and about lockdown, it's hard to pull off and it's on only one unit.
Forcefield and fungal don't deny the units action, just movement. They still take, and do, damage to things in range. Really, all they punish is low micro melee units and other short range attacks. Forces diversity in armies imo. Also, lair + infestation pit is not low tech.
- Smartcast, if there was no smartcast, spells could be much stronger because you would have to select spellcasters one by one. This could create comeback situations.
comebacks happen. Just not obviously and not as often, mostly because "standard" play is still developing stability. Currently the believed standard has BO losses, and those builds have BO losses, etc. When we have stable builds, we can get comebacks. Smartcast is a good feature, and necessary with how fast combat happens.
- The high number of workers needed per base, this causes to not need many bases spread out on the map. The high income rate is a big factor as well of not taking more than 3 bases.
Actually, the ability to max and remax on 3 bases is what makes 3 bases the current norm. Once people learn to counter, and re-counter, and counter that counter more bases become required for the next wave. Currently, someone always messes up on that second remax. Note that 2 base was the normal max for a long time, since you could get 200/200 off it, and now it's 3 base and 2 200/200 battles every game.
- The dps rate causes players to not micro a lot
I always thought it was the opposite. Since if you have 1 unit not firing, you are losing A TON of dps relative to your opponent, making positioning and dancing far more important.
- There is no multiples battles occuring at the same time, and no, harass and drops are a different thing. The high dps rate causes that as well.
This is mostly a playstyle choice, not really one forced by the game. Terran has many times where they are microing a drop through your main while holding an attack on the front or doing a runby at a third. Protoss can do the same, but rarely does due to the insane micro needed for many of their units to be efficient.
- You can't place a lot of chokes in the middle of a map otherwise forcefields break everything (cloud kingdom is borderline on this subject)
massive units. Also, flanking paths and backstabs. If I, the protoss, ff in my units in mid, and you then run around with your remaining 20 lings for my natural, I can't do a thing except hope my next warpin round is soon, and enough to hold.
- Every 4 players map with reflection symmetry must have close positions disabled because natural to natural distance is too short, it takes away a lot of diversity
Only if the map lets it be too short. I'm sure you can make a bigger map.
- Tiny area control available, only tanks and swarm hosts can do it. Creep does it too but not very much.
warpins, tempests, ms core (as long as there is energy), terran also has widow mines now doing this, and burrow definitely gives some area control.
- The only choke control unit/spell is the forcefield
fungal, concussive shells, blinding cloud, pdd or auto turrets, vortex, and hallucination. surely you consider at least 3 of those able to help control chokes.
I accept you are more knowlegable and experienced with this game, but this looks like rage whining. Almost all your points are blatant exaggerations even a bronzie could correct.