Secondary Monitor Enabled In Fullscreen Mode?

So I like to play Starcraft 2 with my other monitor actually working and not blacked out. However I have to also play in 1920x1080 which requires I be in the Fullscreen mode. When I do this the secondary monitor is blacked out to "focus" on the primary monitor.

How do I disable this "blacking out" in Mac OS X 10.7.4? Thank you for your time.
play fullscreen(windowed) ?
Blizzard Employee
^^ This. This is how Fullscreen mode works. You will want to try Windowed (Fullscreen) to have SC2 in fullscreen but not black out the secondary display.
Windowed (Fullscreen) doesn't work for the secondary display. Here's the exact message when you hover over the Windowed (Fullscreen) option in settings:

Display mode: allows you to change the primary display mode of the game to full-screen, windowed, or windowed fullscreen. Windowed modes may cause a drop in performance

Notice how it only states primary and not secondary.

Looks like we (I am running 10.8.2) have to play in Windowed mode and just hit the green button. While on my monitor is it not taking the full 1080P resolution it is pretty freaking close.

Is it perfect? No. It is the best we got at the moment. Yes :(
Blizzard Employee
10/02/2012 08:15 PMPosted by Vertabreaker
Windowed (Fullscreen) doesn't work for the secondary display. Here's the exact message when you hover over the Windowed (Fullscreen) option in settings:

I think DrDoctor was just referring not blocking out the secondary display, not playing on the secondary display in Windowed (fullscreen) mode. This functionality isn't available in StarCraft II.

If you would like to discuss more about it, please create a new thread about the topic.
WoW and other games(blackops2,etc...) allow me to choose which monitor to use for my gameplay. I run 3 monitors and it would be nice to add this feature to the ingame options menu.

-aloha
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]