StarCraft® II

World's End, Discussion

CR I think smylez is referencing the relationships that your characters seem to always get caught up in...
Reply Quote
Mebbe this should be the draft/question sheet and I make a new one for the real RP?

@warhawk
This isn't stat based and if it is, the closest it will be to being stat based is with a roll system based on tiers which I considered but went against it. What are you thinking of? A fighter? A mage?

@CR
We will shall see. What you say will make or break the crowd.
Edited by smylez on 9/28/2012 5:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
[Zarkun]
[Kyle Wester]
[Tier] 2
[Short Backstory] Born to a sergeant in the army, he was trained from the day he could walk in how to fight. Years later, on his 18th birthday, he joined and 4 years later was a sergeant. Leads the company known as Hell's Raiesers.
[http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=armored+knight#/d11fixs]
Armament: Same as picture, minus the mace.
Race: Human
Reply Quote
I'm not really sure, I was hoping you would find a role that needed filling and give me the basis with which to start.
Reply Quote
CrymsonRaven
Simiras Riverdance
Tier 3
Was raised in the forest and has some similarities to a fox itself, even some of it's personality. She was ambushed by some humans who were venting out their anger from the raid that she didn't do and she is headed for the capital.
http://browse.deviantart.com/?order=9&q=kitsune&offset=168#/d2qnoiq Very similar to what I had in mind.

Added Edit: Perception Magic
Edited by CrymsonRaven on 9/28/2012 5:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@Zarkun
Approved, making him a captain of that regiment.

@CR
Why is she Tier one? I need more backstory on your character and it has to be a convincing one to make her Tier one. That makes her a plot sensitive character and that does not come easily.

@Warhawk
Five years passed since the human reunification wars and humans universally see the new king as the highest of the highest.. You can be an idealistic soldier. Perhaps brothers? A mage seeking to prove his/her worth?
Reply Quote
Woops...sorry I got that a little mixed up. Editing now.
Reply Quote
Threshur'h got up and added another log to the fire. Wouldn't do to have it die down. Not that there was any threat from wild beasts, of course. They wouldn't harm their allies. He looked over towards E'ruygo, who had dozed off while leaning back against a rotten log. Threshur'h walked over and kicked him, not gently. The smaller Beastman leapt up with a curse.

"Garh! What was that for?"

"You dozed off," Theshur'h said.

"And by no accident. I was quite comfortable, you know." He glared at his comrade. "Why'd you wake me anyways, Thresh? No harm in me catchin' up on my sleep, of which I'm owed a good amount."

Threshur'h grunted. "They'll be back soon enough, and we'd best be ready to cut 'n' go if need be."

E'ruygo rolled his eyes. "You mean, Berenesh left you in charge and you want to make it look like you were running things with a bloody iron fist. I ain't fooled."

The bigger Beastman turned on him. "Shut your face. Just so happens I hear something." At this E'ruygo perked up. He stood and looked around, sniffing the air.

"Maybe... smells like... sounds like..."

The sounds of harsh voices reached their ears, along with raucous laughter and someone singing tunelessly and out of pitch:

Harri-hey, it's raid to-day
with axe in hand, we meet the band
strollin' down the merry way
splashing 'n' slashing through puddles o' blood 'n' gold.

E'ruygo grinned. "That's them, alright."

The rest of the band came crashing into camp. "Threshur'h!" One barked. He was large, muscular, and obviously the leader. "Stamp out that fire! We're movin' out!"

"Aye aye, Berry."

"Shut up and do it."

In ten minutes, nobody would have been able to tell the group had camped there. Indeed, nobody would know anything had happened at all if it weren't for the village full of slaughtered people.
Reply Quote
ShadowFury
Name: Lisora Forsye
Tier: 3
Backstory: A simple warrior Sylt'ar. She is able to cast Ruination magic as well. Usually wind. Now helps the humans because of the struggles she has seen them go through.
http://chevsy.deviantart.com/art/angel-308772494?q=boost%3Apopular%20Angel&qo=29
(Just for more detail)
Weapons: Dual Spathas
Magic Used: Ruination.
Race: Sylt'ar
Edited by ShadowFury on 9/28/2012 5:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
My group consists of a mix of T2s and T1s. The leader will be T2, along with one or two others. The rest will be T1.

Reserved for list.
Reply Quote
Alright, I got an idea...
how about a shadowy figure pulling puppet strings from the shadows?
the posts would be rare and in-depth. The character would be totally evil and could be killed at some point if need be.
Edited by Warhawk on 9/28/2012 6:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Kyle watched the men running through their daily routine, a hand resting on the pommel of Arbiter, one of his family swords. Things were heating up between us and the Beastmen, and the Sylt'ar were getting as nervous as we were. With raids becoming more frequent, perhaps a martialing was in order. He turns on his heel and heads back inside, the reports weren't going to give themselves.

OOC: Shall make longer posts as I make more characters.
Reply Quote
Character page updated. A roll system will be put in place if combat becomes absurd. Remember, tiers only affect fighting capabilities. It does not affect the character's importance to the plot or its effectiveness as a character.

@Warhawk
That will be me...If you are unsure, you can wait and see to get a feel for what kind of characters are good.

@KO
Mix of T2 and T3 only. Your T1 unit must be significant enough to have an important impact on the story.

@Zarkun
That's the idea. We want to flesh out these characters.
Reply Quote
Lisora looks upon the city. She was standing high above on a rooftop. The place was bustling with life.

I was looking out for some others as I wandered the guild.
Reply Quote
Blarg, I should write down some locations of interest to make sense of the setting and update them as we move along. The guild itself is in the lands of the Krynar. Is there an EZ map making thing?
Reply Quote
I shall come in whenever dragons are allowed
Reply Quote
Seth
Upper levels of Tier 2
Weapons-a hand and a half sword, and a bow and arrow.
Class- Mercenary/Bandit
Human
Age-17
Seth is Bandit, and a skilled one at that, he is known for occupying a mountain path on the way to the forest. An accomplished swordsman and the youngest ever captain of the Cavaliers, he later became disillusioned with the military and vanished.
The reason? He was horrified when he, and his unit were sent to a rebelling city state to "Pacify them with blood and fire."
Fighting-
his skill with a sword were well known among the guilds and military, as a fast paced rapid series of strikes.
With unerring accuracy with a bow and arrow, he was a very good mounted archer. No one else in his group was nearly as strong as he was in Archery, although more skilled units did exist.
Somewhat proficient in other weapons.

Sympathetic to causes he believes in, he makes a powerful ally if recruited.
Edited by Fantasy on 9/28/2012 8:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@Fantasy
Your guy cannot be naturally gifted and not know. Someone would of told him he had a talent for genesis magic. Since he is only 17, you may either be proficient in the sword and spear or genesis magic. The other option is that Seth knows both but does not excel at either. He will have to choose and he is T3.

In addition, he will be hunted by the state mercilessly for killing his commander. I'll rewrite it to desertion. I can bring him back to the army easily or else your guy will be hunted down and killed.

Also, this is the planning thread now. Post your character information here and any other feedback. I am reorganizing this in a new thread so it looks a lot cleaner and more organized. All your posts so far will be included by me. Don't post on the new thread until I go.
Edited by smylez on 9/28/2012 7:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
[Zarkun][Ryan Grant]
[Tier 3 or 2 not sure yet, Human]
[Was Kyle's best friend and training partner for years, even after they joined the army. Found he was gifted with Ruination magic during that time, mainly fire. Usually embows his and and ally's weapons with fire to add that extra sting to their blows. Wields a sword and shield.]
[http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=templar#/d1107kn
Without helmet: http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=templar#/d4s3205]
Edited by Zarkun on 9/28/2012 7:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@Fantasy
Your guy cannot be naturally gifted and not know. Someone would of told him he had a talent for genesis magic. Since he is only 17, you may either be proficient in the sword and spear or genesis magic. The other option is that Seth knows both but does not excel at either. He will have to choose and he is T3.

In addition, he will be hunted by the state mercilessly for killing his commander. I'll rewrite it to desertion. I can bring him back to the army easily or else your guy will be hunted down and killed.

Also, this is the planning thread now. Post your character information here and any other feedback. I am reorganizing this in a new thread so it looks a lot cleaner and more organized. All your posts so far will be included by me. Don't post on the new thread until I go.

Can I only use swords and spears, and be in the upper levels of tier 2?
If so, Then it's fine, because I edited.
Edited by Fantasy on 9/28/2012 7:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]