World's End, Discussion

Interesting...

I actually don't know what to say.
Reply Quote
Don't feel too bad, Smylez,
You can copy several elements of a story, but as long as the story, and characters are completely different, its will be alright.
I took a lot of Ideas for the tower, Although I had written the basic story before any foreign influence, after reading a few things, I admit to stealing the light bearers.

I admitted as such in "memories" that I had taken several ideas, but the fact is, The storyline is completely different, not to mention the mysteries of the tower, because of a different idea of the storyline. (the reason for the tower in my story, and the reason for the characters in the story of origin)
So rob ideas!
Just acknowledge that you stole them, and make the story take a sharp left where, the other goes right
Edited by Fantasy on 9/29/2012 5:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
LIke Fantasy said...almost everyone copies ideas and again what he said, all you need to do is take a small direction change with it and bam!
Reply Quote
Yeah, The tower was heavily influenced by a manga. So close to it that it could be considered plagerizim, but I wanted to add a mystery the people roleplaying would discover. But as it died, I just wrote the absolute minimum, making it look even more plagerized, non of the plots I had planned came out, so it became the mundane ordinary plot that is far too common.
But even what I wrote for the future chapters of memories, makes me glad, because after people read what I wrote, they will understand everything has changed.
Change a lot, and admit to robbing.

Also while we are at it, I would like to discuss seth. Why did you make him so pitifully weak?
He has no magic, and is a freaking tier three. You won't even write he is skilled at the sword, and bow.
He is currently the weakest of them all, knowing most of the RPers, they will dodge, or deflect arrows, and come to do close combat.
If he had a sword, so the attacks could be countered and dragged out, that would be fine. He would force an engagement, and because of his physical abilites force a battle in which he would have an advantage, (highground, narrow alleyways ect) . AKA attack or be riddled with arrows.
But he currently doesn't have enough skill to win that forced engagement, anyone, even a beggar with a knife could run up and stab him.
He can't run away, (unless he has a horse) because he is human. He can't run faster than beasts, or Wings, and turn around and continue to fire.
Lastly, you can't even argue he has good stats (tier 3)
All the other tier threes have magic, or something that gives them an edge over others.
My character is tier three, and has no edge. He is not that skilled with physical weapons compared with other captains, (tier 3 to tier 2), No magic, and nothing powerful that will do more than a pittance of damage because of dodging arrows.
Reply Quote
He has no magic, and is a freaking tier three. You won't even write he is skilled at the sword, and bow.
He is currently the weakest of them all, knowing most of the RPers, they will dodge, or deflect arrows, and come to do close combat.
I'm sorry to break it to you...but my person doesn't even have any weapons at all or magic, maybe some claws but she's pitifully under equipped and doesn't even have armor.

Actually I don't think she has combat experience at all?
Edited by CrymsonRaven on 9/29/2012 5:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Dodge arrows. Stab with claws.
Dead Seth. GG!
Reply Quote
No combat experience...
And he left it blank so you could change it up by the way...
And look at SF's Tier 3's? He doesn't have a whole lot and when he has magic that's it.
Edited by CrymsonRaven on 9/29/2012 6:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I should of credited TheLostAzn earlier. Anyway, I guess you guys still want to continue it? I'll wait for TLA's reply.
Reply Quote
Yes...how about right now you should go ahead and put his name in the RP as people who you took ideas from because as long as you give them the credit for those ideas then it's not plagiarism and everyone else will feel better.
Reply Quote
No combat experience...
And he left it blank so you could change it up by the way...
And look at SF's Tier 3's? He doesn't have a whole lot and when he has magic that's it.

ShadowFury
Name: Rak'rai Korso
Tier: 2
Backstory: A Sylt'ar who harnessed "Void" magic and was taken to the Gray Warden guild. He quickly trained there, meeting several humans who he had befriended. He now will help humans with their struggles. He is better with his magic than his scythe, but often channels his magic through it.
http://browse.deviantart.com/?order=9&q=Angel&offset=0#/d62elk Minus the cross.
(Just to be more specific)
Race: Sylt'ar
Magic Used: "Void"
Weapon: Scythe
Sex: Male

ShadowFury
Name: Lisora Forsye
Tier: 3
Backstory: A simple warrior Sylt'ar. She is able to cast Ruination magic as well. Usually wind. Now helps the humans because of the struggles she has seen them go through.
http://chevsy.deviantart.com/art/angel-308772494?q=boost%3Apopular%20Angel&qo=29
(Just for more detail)
Weapons: Dual Spathas
Magic Used: Ruination.
Race: Sylt'ar
Sex: Female

ShadowFury
Name: Nolan Heruse
Backstory: He sucks with the blade he carries around since he trains with is "Void" magic more. He and his sister are friends with a Sylt'ar. He only learned about his "Void" magic recently.
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=Necromancer#/d2p449m Except skin is tanned, not green.
(Just for more detail)
Race: Human
Weapon: Baselard (Dagger)
Sex: Male

ShadowFury
Name: Kaitlyn Heruse
Backstory: She is equally as good with her tomahawk as she is with her "Void" magic. She and her brother are good friends of a Sylt'ar. She learned about her "Void" magic about the same time as her brother.
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=Shadow+Mage#/d4qstx0
(For more detail)
Race: Human
Weapon: Tomahawk

ShadowFury
Name: Dora Forisen
Tier: 2
Backstory: She was evil in life and had practiced in both Ruination as well as Perception. She was more powerful in Ruination, especially fire, and weaker in perception. Her weapons skills were nonexistent. When an uneducated, but powerful, genesis mage brought her back she brutally murdered with the magic that came back with her. She is now mostly transparent unless she prepares to cast a spell. She can be seen if one looks hard enough.
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=Female+Necromancer#/d3j8ce6 Except more transparent.
(More detail)
Race: Celestial
Weapon: She holds a staff but is not able to fight with it.
Magic Used: Ruination and Perception.

"Done."

Sure, Magic is all his characters have. Ignore the the dual spathas, tomahawk and the knife.
And forget that they were apprentices, meaning they have a huge growth potential.
Reply Quote
How about your magic is locked and later on he unlocks it but he needs time and help in order to control it...How does that sound?
Reply Quote
Already did that. Smylez over ruled it. And I sort of agree with him.
Seriously, All I am asking is for a sword to be added, and to rank up.
I mean, if I have no magic, he should at least be strong with the sword.
Reply Quote
Seth
Upper levels of Tier 2
Weapons-a hand and a half sword, and a bow and arrow.
Class- Mercenary/Bandit
Human
Age-17
Seth is Bandit, and a skilled one at that, he is known for occupying a mountain path on the way to the forest. An accomplished swordsman and the youngest ever captain of the Cavaliers, he later became disillusioned with the military and vanished.
The reason? He was horrified when he, and his unit were sent to a rebelling city state to "Pacify them with blood and fire."
Fighting-
his skill with a sword were well known among the guilds and military, as a fast paced rapid series of strikes.
With unerring accuracy with a bow and arrow, he was a very good mounted archer. No one else in his group was nearly as strong as he was in Archery, although more skilled units did exist.
Somewhat proficient in other weapons.

Sympathetic to causes he believes in, he makes a powerful ally if recruited.

This was my edited character sheet, the youngest cavalier Captain, who ran away.
He has no magic, and two weapons he's profiecient at in this sheet.
He doesn't have an army behind him, he has no guild, and is working alone(Unless he is recruited, or joins a side)
So he would have to at least be able to fight another character by himself.
Edited by Fantasy on 9/29/2012 7:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Wouldn't him being a little well to known by the guild and military spell trouble for him in the long run? And one last question since we are discussing about this. But what's a hand and a half sword? Unless it's a hand then you have a sword and so on.
Reply Quote
Exactly, he has to be well known enough to be recognized, and he has to be strong enough to act as a bandit, which is his storyline.
A hand and a half sword is a weapon that you can use either one, or both hands to wield.
Reply Quote
Ah okay...I was just confused there for a second when you stated a hand and a half sword you know?

The bandit/merc sounds interesting but don't worry about your character being the weakest because mine is the weakest lol...well except for Kie but he's a Shocktrooper...Good times, good times.
Reply Quote
"Kaitlyn and Nolan are well trained in their magic, but not super good. They're still limited. Lisora mainly uses wind Ruination magic, so she wouldn't be as good with the other elements from lack of proper training with them. I chose the weakest of the Ruination magic for her. This is what she can do: Increase her speed, create a gust of wind without have to unfold her wings, cause a tiny tornado as harmless as a dust devil, charge fire into swords, charge lightning into swords, make it cold. So she can only hurt you through hitting you in melee combat or if their are small, hard, and sharp objects on the ground."
Reply Quote
09/29/2012 07:38 AMPosted by ShadowFury
"Kaitlyn and Nolan are well trained in their magic, but not super good. They're still limited. Lisora mainly uses wind Ruination magic, so she wouldn't be as good with the other elements from lack of proper training with them. I chose the weakest of the Ruination magic for her. This is what she can do: Increase her speed, create a gust of wind without have to unfold her wings, cause a tiny tornado as harmless as a dust devil, charge fire into swords, charge lightning into swords, make it cold. So she can only hurt you through hitting you in melee combat or if their are small, hard, and sharp objects on the ground."

There are plenty you can do with even that much.
Blind people, cause muscle paralysis, deflect arrows, create bursts of speed to avoid attacks, create ice in a cold area to affect mobility, throw tacks on the ground and then a dust devil to damage a huge number of people.
That power is more than enough to deal serious damage SF.
And don't forget, your characters have potential.
They can become far stronger as they complete their training.
Just because you don't see any, doesn't mean the power isn't there
Edited by Fantasy on 9/29/2012 7:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
My person has no training at all except for simple trade I think? While Kie on the other hand is meant to be a Shocktrooper, he has his sword and shield to take damage and charge in and then he has a small crossbow to use if needed.
Reply Quote
"The only thing she can freeze is water. And yes, to dodge is what the increased speed would be used for, the blinding I don't see how I could do that with air, the muscle paralysis, again, not able to see that with air, the mini tornado, yes, probably used with the dropping of some sort of sharp objects, but I think a large amount of sand would be better than tacks because tacks stab into people, sand would slice through their exposed flesh.

"But your character still would stand a chance against my Tier 3 guys, and put up a good fight for my main, giving him some really bad injuries, even though it would be a probable chance you would lose against him.

"My Celestial is the only one who could have a chance of being considered OP. She had an entire life time to master spells, she was brought back almost completely transparent, and she is master with deadly magic arts."
Edited by ShadowFury on 9/29/2012 8:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]