World's End, Discussion

When wind blows into your eyes, it's hard to see, limiting their vision. With the paralysis, well... Not gonna teach you. It will give you too much of an edge.(It involves rapid vibrations)
Here's the difference, Seth in the RP, is substantially weaker than the character sheet I posted.
He, in the RP, according to smylez only has a bow, and is tier 3. All of your characters could kill him in combat.
To quote...

Fantasy
Seth, T3 human
A 17 year old bandit skilled with the bow. The youngest captain of the Cavaliers, a knight brigade, he became disillusioned and disappeared when he found the killing of rebellious civilians appalling.

So basically, he has no magic, and only a bow and arrow. a ranged weapon that will be negated in ever single fight(No one will let their characters actually be hit. Deflection or "merely a flesh wound" will occur far too often. And then they will get within melee range and without a sword, well...)
So no advantages from magic that might give me an edge, no melee weapon, and no weapon that can't be negated.
He cannot run away without a mount, (human foot speed).

Weak character is weak.
Edited by Fantasy on 9/29/2012 8:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
"STOP YOUR COMPLAINING! Lisora is weak in her wind magic so that would be useless for muscle paralysis. And look at Crymson's character. She is good with trade, sucky with combat. She can only sprint fairly fast, weakly hit, and make good deals in trade. So shut the hell up.

"And my 2 other tier 3 guys will be able to be defeated by you. One sucks at non-magical combat and has a low endurance. One is meh with both magical and non-magical combat and has low endurance. They would be able to be defeated.

"And last of all, yes, my tier 2 characters could defeat you. But one would take some pretty bad damage. The other one would be able to easily defeat you. But one, Celestial's are powerful, and two, she had a life time and then some to learn magic. So that is kind of given."
Reply Quote
"STOP YOUR COMPLAINING! Lisora is weak in her wind magic so that would be useless for muscle paralysis. And look at Crymson's character. She is good with trade, sucky with combat. She can only sprint fairly fast, weakly hit, and make good deals in trade. So shut the hell up.

"And my 2 other tier 3 guys will be able to be defeated by you. One sucks at non-magical combat and has a low endurance. One is meh with both magical and non-magical combat and has low endurance. They would be able to be defeated.

"And last of all, yes, my tier 2 characters could defeat you. But one would take some pretty bad damage. The other one would be able to easily defeat you. But one, Celestial's are powerful, and two, she had a life time and then some to learn magic. So that is kind of given."

Tell me the truth...
If you hadn't read what I posted, and The characters actually entered a fight, would you dodge the first arrow. Or would you let it hit a limb, or even the main body?
Would your character die, or retreat after the first wound?
Your meh stats, are better than Seth's

It's not actually paralysis, but it would ruin the ability to swing a sword. First tie the weapon to your hand. Cause the weapon to vibrate right before a swing
When the weapon impacts another and stays in contact, The vibrations are transferred, forcing the other to drop his sword.
Edited by Fantasy on 9/29/2012 9:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
"If Lisora had her wings out I would probably have her get hit in a wing. Rak'rai, I would probably use some of his magic to change his surroundings so he would be protected while he came up with something sinister. The Katlyn would get hit in the arm, and Nolan would've gotten just out of the way, with a slice across his hand, disabling the use of a weapon in that hand."
Reply Quote
09/29/2012 08:53 AMPosted by ShadowFury
"If Lisora had her wings out I would probably have her get hit in a wing. Rak'rai, I would probably use some of his magic to change his surroundings so he would be protected while he came up with something sinister. The Katlyn would get hit in the arm, and Nolan would've gotten just out of the way, with a slice across his hand, disabling the use of a weapon in that hand."

In all those cases, Seth is dead. Do you know why?
Vengeance. He cannot reload his bow fast enough to get a second accurate shot, assuming they are within talking/recognition distance. He will not randomly shoot someone at maximum range, so I think that is a safe assumption.
Because there is no second shot, it will come to melee combat. A wing will not affect the outcome, a magical blast would surely obliterate him, and swapping the hand that holds the weapon would allow him to be struck by said weapon. As you can't attack someone with a bow, while wearing heavy armor, it is safe to assume that it would be a Lethal, or at least crippling injury. Without a melee weapon to draw in close combat, and without the occasion of drawing the bow, to fire another arrow. He would have to run away,(Not likely but possible with his light armor. Being slashed from the back while he runs away is far more likely than escaping) or be killed.
Basically you proved that all of your characters would kill Seth.
(Edit-I found a way to let Seth reload quickly, but it doesn't stop the range deficiency, one an enemy gets close, he's dead.)
If the environment favored him heavily,(Series of pillars, a dark place so he could evade detection and hide even when your characters are looking for him.
Then he could do a harassing strategy. Anywhere else...
Edited by Fantasy on 10/2/2012 4:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
"Her wing is the most important part of her for to be fast, so likely to escape in that instance. If one is not trained to wield a weapon, let alone in his hand that he isn't used to using anything with, he wouldn't be able to fight with the weapon. Both of the Heruse characters aren't well enough trained to use a magical spell that would destroy you. The only reason they would defeat you is because I chose a good chain of events, or because they double team. And no, Rak'rai wouldn't go, HADOKEN! He would do something less destructive than that. But yes, Dora could destroy you like that, if she was in range."
Reply Quote
09/29/2012 09:14 AMPosted by ShadowFury
"Her wing is the most important part of her for to be fast, so likely to escape in that instance. If one is not trained to wield a weapon, let alone in his hand that he isn't used to using anything with, he wouldn't be able to fight with the weapon. Both of the Heruse characters aren't well enough trained to use a magical spell that would destroy you. The only reason they would defeat you is because I chose a good chain of events, or because they double team. And no, Rak'rai wouldn't go, HADOKEN! He would do something less destructive than that. But yes, Dora could destroy you like that, if she was in range."

It doesn't take much training to swing a freaking axe, or to stab someone.
Don't be a moron, if the two were actually fighting with each other with weapons, yes it would be a disadvantage. But just hitting someone running away is not hard.
Only one of the heruse is neccessary to kill him.
With the winged character, yes she would not be able to fly.
But even then, she could still run faster than him. I assume the winged characters have light bones and at least the ability to run, so even without wings she could still catch up to a human.

Tell me, how do you suppose Seth combat your units without a method involving constant ducking into cover, and avoiding detection? That is the only realistic method, but knowing your characters, they will mysteriously be able to detect where he is, and attack him anyways.
Abusing cover, and forcing the enemy into a situation where he cannot dodge is the only method.
Edited by Fantasy on 9/29/2012 9:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I say we continue, for several reasons;

1 - While you did blatantly copy a good deal of his work, coming up with 'original' ideas these days is incredibly hard. There's so many amazing stories and universes out there, its hard not to pull from someone else's work.

2 - Also, this RP seems to have a lot of promise, and it would be a shame not to see where it goes...
Edited by Warhawk on 9/29/2012 9:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I demand 50% of all past and future revenue.

Continue with this, Mr. Dude, you seem like a good sport. What is RP lore if it does not spawn RP, right? If anything I'm flattered. You sure know your way around damage control.

I do ask that you put at the top of this post the link I provided, and label it the original work. This wouldn't be an issue had you not taken a substantial amount of text and pasted word for word, for the races, kingdoms, history, magic, and by Moses' beard even the tier system for characters, changing only a few names and phrasing.

I suggest next time, go up n' ask if you could use someone's work, and worse not try to cover it up when someone calls you out on it. It's funny you should mention academia, because this kind of thing gets you thrown out on the street.
Edited by TheLostAzn on 9/29/2012 11:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Wfawwer would like a subrace under beastmen, this is what she made.

Beastmen-

The Talnari swamp is an untouched place, secluded from outsiders due to having only two real entrances. Bordered on one side by a great river and on the other side a mountain range, it is one of the most unexplored locations of Beastmen territory. The few brave explorers who adventured there only met an unfortunate demise at the hands of the residents of the swamp.

The Tosk are a reptilian race, somewhat resembling the crocodiles known to prowl the Great River. The most likely explanation was that they are the direct descendants of the feral beasts. Large, monstrous, and armed to the teeth, they scrape out a primitive life within the swamp.

([link])

Tribal warfare was common among the Tosk, with the larger Irgali tribe conducting raids on the Surdur tribe; a nomadic people centered around the Great River or the mountainous Ardusken tribe, known for their sturdy steeds. Known to take slaves, the Irgali were the dominant tribe inside the Talnari swamp.

In the aftermath of a slave raid, a slave from the Khamarin tribe laid a clutch. The sole survivor of the clutch, Mahakw, would go on to be one of the few cross-bred Tosk in the world.

--Mahakw--

I lay inside the swampy water, eyes above and scanned the area. The leader of the hunt, Mathoteaske, lay next to me, his arrows at the ready. Reports had come of intruders inside our sacred swamp, the birthplace of us all. We had been sent to defend it- they were most likely vengeance bent Nihugs, ready to recapture their slaves.

Multiple hours passed and finally the brush shook, revealing what could only be described as shrimp. Small and paleskinned, they waded through our waters, then performed the unthinkable-

The leaves of one of our trees finally touched the water, the trunk severed. With a howl of anguish, I lept at the intruders, their faces turning to those of surprise and then fear. With my vision turned red with bloodlust, I was only vaguely aware of Mathoteaske next to me, charging at the two appearing to have weapons.

I finally calmed down, reveling in the dead bodies of the slain enemies. Turning around, I slapped a fly away with my tail, searching for Mathoteaske. Already the vultures had come to feast on the carrion. Suddenly, I stopped. One of the vultures had come to rest...

on the body of my comrade. Letting out a howl of anguish, I shooed the bird away and picked up his limp body, a spear sticking out of his chest.

"We are not alone in this world, brother."

With that I began my trek towards the village.

-------1 year later--------
Much had changed within the swamp. There were no longer any tribes, merely a grouping of Tosk. Warfare had damaged us heavily, with the discovery of the "huemns" and a "beestmn" envoy sent to us. Now I reclined in the sun, laying outside the gates of the capital of the Beasts. A united Tosk country had chosen to become a territory of the Beasts, the advantages too numerous to list. My patrol group and I lazily relaxed in front of the capital gates, soaking up the afternoon sun while we waited for further orders.

A lion messenger hurried up to us, delivering a scrap or parchment. On it was the haphazard scrawl of the court scribe. We attempted to decipher it for the next ten minutes or so, finally packing up and mounting our Rak'nor, the large bison-like war steeds specifically cultivated by the Beastmen for the Tosk. Evidently war had started- we were on our way to the border.

-Mahakw--
Teir: 2
Race: Beastmen/Tosk
Weapon: Bat'leth
([link])
Magic: None

-Cipactli--
Weapon: War-axe

-Opiuchus--
Teir: 3
Weapon: Broadsword

-Athelinda--
Weapon: Coiling Staff

-Ascelpius--
Weapon: Bow and Arrow

All Tosk are exceptional inside tracking and hunting.
-Wfawwer
Edited by ShadowFury on 9/29/2012 11:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Naitsrich
Name: Azon Droga
T2, Human
Magic: Genesis
Backstory: His past mysterious, Azon has traveled far and wide to many lands. An adept in genesis magic, he also has a wide knowledge of various cultures and creatures, including special spells that were exclusive to ancient races (meaning he knows the what the spells do, but he can't cast them). Knowing multiple languages, he can communicate with known races.

I changed my character to this, so I'll wait for approval.
Reply Quote
Fantasy and SF...what I mean is that she's good with her trade, you no like a trade skill? And remember she could still learn how to use a weapon and for all we know she has some unknown magic ability but I'm not to sure yet.

And Fantasy you wouldn't die just like that, I think smylez just didn't like the idea that you were naturally gifted at both magic and melee combat at first and etc...and look at Kie. He has a small Crossbow, Straight Edge Sword and a Shield.
Reply Quote
Fantasy and SF...what I mean is that she's good with her trade, you no like a trade skill? And remember she could still learn how to use a weapon and for all we know she has some unknown magic ability but I'm not to sure yet.

And Fantasy you wouldn't die just like that, I think smylez just didn't like the idea that you were naturally gifted at both magic and melee combat at first and etc...and look at Kie. He has a small Crossbow, Straight Edge Sword and a Shield.

I deleted all mention of Magic!
Seth has no Magic potential, and no magic skill. And I never said anything about your trade skill.
Did you read the arguement?
I explained why Seth would lose every battle. People would dodge/absorb the first attack, and kill seth before the second even came. All I asked was a sword, and a rank up.
Trust me, unless I make Seth a Practioner of Taekwondo, Taichi, Judo, kickboxing, Boxing, wushuu, Hapkido, and wrestling, he would die that fast.
Edited by Fantasy on 9/29/2012 2:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I know but my person though wouldn't be that useful in a fight unless she trained herself to fight or etc. And then you do have a better chance than my person because she is similar to a fox to claw like nails and teeth and the only thing she can really use on you is the teeth.

And I'm sorry I didn't read all the argument but I thought that both you along with SF was talking about the trade.
Edited by CrymsonRaven on 9/29/2012 2:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
http://krahazik.deviantart.com/art/Vanore-Longbow-6777923?q=boost%3Apopular%20Melee%20Weapon&qo=72 "Looks like this is what you need Fantasy."
Reply Quote
http://krahazik.deviantart.com/art/Vanore-Longbow-6777923?q=boost%3Apopular%20Melee%20Weapon&qo=72 "Looks like this is what you need Fantasy."

-_-
How would you even draw that thing? The bow wouldn't even fire.
Reply Quote
Actually this is somewhat similar to something that would be better for Fantasy...It's based off of a weapon for Serah on Final Fantasy XIII-X2.
http://yuuri-k.deviantart.com/art/Serah-s-Transforming-Bow-Blade-280585869
Reply Quote
I refuse.
But anyways, What is wrong with having a normal weapon? Q.Q
Edited by Fantasy on 9/29/2012 2:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm not saying there isn't Fantasy but I'm really showing both of you. And it's just a color you can always make it have a different color. But oh well...I see nothing wrong with a spear and a bow. I mean Kie has a small crossbow, a sword and a shield along with being tier 3.
Reply Quote
Heres my character

Jester
Mar'kyria Esline
T3, Celestial, Sylt'ar
A seemingly normal Sylt'ar, she was an average person in an empire that she loved. She had practiced Perception magic, much to the dismay of her family, friends, and fellow people. She had lead a happy life, fighting along with the military, before her eventual end. At her end, she was tortured nearly to death, and was executed afterwards by bandits. In a rage after her death, she materialized long enough to slay every one of her executioners, and was forced to return to her home in the city. After that, she was drawn forth by a powerful spell, and was brought back into the world at the cost of the summoner and his companions lives (And much to her unhappiness for their deaths.)
Description: http://newspaper.li/static/cf147b273e7a9e1cf1fbc5a492e32e9b.jpg could be mistaken for a living Sylt'ar due to the fact she doesn't look like she is faded away, pale skin.
Alignment: Chaotic Neutal
Weapon: Long length spear, short sword, and a shield

Credit to Square Enix from their game Valkyrie Profile for the character.
Edited by Jester on 10/10/2012 1:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]