StarCraft® II

What is the most the ladder will deviate?

Say you are Plat, what is the lowest it would put you against?
Reply Quote
When my offrace account was silver, it was pitted consistantly against plats, and even a diamond or two. Now my offrace account is gold and most of my opponents are diamond. This is largely because my MMR is in the diamond range on the offrace account but it won't get promoted because the system is very uncertain about where to place me. Basically, since my offrace account has only played about 20 games and is currently on a 12+ game win streak, it won't promote me for a while.

To answer your question, matchmaking is based on MMR. People with gold range MMR can be in plat and people with plat range MMR can be in gold. The same applies to most leagues and for newer accounts, the differential can even be up to two leagues. Thus, it is technically possible for people to get pitted against opponents 3-4 leagues above or below them (perhaps more) in the 1v1 ladder. During league locks, even a bronze against GM matchup is possible if the GM player tanks their MMR during the lock.

Generally, opponents are around your MMR range. If you are a true mid gold MMR player, most of your opponents will have gold range MMR or high silver or low plat range MMR. It rarely pulls opponents outside of this range. However, many people have MMRs that don't fit exactly within the league they are in (this is normal since uncertainty is part of the promotion/demotion determination).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]