StarCraft® II

Why can't I advance leagues?

I've been playing 2v2 with my friend. He's very newb, but I'm able to pull his weight and we win 95% of the time. Yet we are still ranked #1 in bronze. We've played 30+ games and have won most of them. Why can't we advance to silver? I'm mainly just curious. We're matched against silver/gold/platinum players every time. We rarely play bronze players anyways. But why is this happening? Is it because my friend is a legitimate bronze player and that is why we won't advance? Cuz he's to noob to be in silver? lol
Reply Quote
Nah in 2v2 I believe you are ranked as your current league in 2v2. So you are both bronze, regardless of how good you are in 1v1.

The system is probably just trying to find a ceiling, basically a league in which you have a 50/50 win-lose ratio, and when you reach that you will be promoted.

-Toxik
Reply Quote
Often times you acutally already are ranked higher its just making you play higher players until you lose so you might just skip a leauge and get placed into gold. I have gone from Gold to Diamond before with teams for example.

At the same time You gota keep winning it will move you up often times you need 25-30 wins to finally move you up.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]