StarCraft® II

Darkest Heart part 8

Mission Accomplished! With the conclusion of the first hunt, a tournament has been declared to help determine the teams. Who will win?

Mentors
^Zarkun^
Tobi Van Helsing (250 HP)
Armament: Argost, Blade of God {Melee, 50 damage [+30 v Light, +300 v monsters, +200 v heroic]}, Chaos and Order, the Justice Bringers {20 range, 60 damagex2 [+40 v Armored, +200 v monsters, +100 v heroic]}
Abilities: Monster's bane (Passive), Sixth Sense (Passive), Slayer's blow, Master Monster Hunter (Passive)

Valencia Van Helsing (210 HP)
Armament: Ragnarok, Shield of Faith {melee, 70 damage [+30 v monsters, +200 v Herioc]}, Etro, Ender of Darkness {9 range, 48 damage [+45 v Light, +70 v monsters, +60 v heroic]}, Ignitus, God's Rage {1 range, 70 damage [+200 v monster, + 50 v armored, +400 v heroic]}
Abilities: Monster's Bane (Passive), Sixth Sense (Passive), Master Monster Hunter (Passive), Rapid Stike, Killing Blow, Wall of Flame, Heavy Blows (Passive)

Alistair (300 HP)
Armament: Heretic {20 range, 60 damage [+60 v monsters, +100 v Heroic, +50 v Armored}], Arbiter {melee, 50 damage {+70 v monsters, +150 v Heroic, + 40 v Light]}
Abilities: Unleash Hell, Vampire King (Passive), Raise Undead, Drink Blood

Zarrath (450 HP)
Armament: Andilite {melee, 80 damage [+400 v monster, +250 v heroic, + 60 v Light]}, Heavyshot Shotgun {8 range, 50 damage [+120 v monsters, +200 v heroic, +70 v Armored]}
Abilties: Captain of the Guard (Passive), Heaven's Lightening, Demonic Flame, Smite, Fallen Essence (Passive), Essence of Gods (Passive)

Hunters
^BcAce^
Edward Livi, The Flame (105 HP)
Armament: Flamethrower {4 range, 12 damage[+12 v Light]}, Fire bombs {6 range, 20 damage[+30 v Armored]}, Oil tanks (about 2 feet long){6 range, 0 damage}, Inferno Shotgun {7 range, 30 damage}, Ragnos, the Purifying Flame {2 range, 15 damage[+90 v monsters]}
Abilities: Blue Flames, Thermal bomb (passive)

^MarkusDaWise^
Chris Vict (75 HP)
Armament: Standard Issue Hunting Rifle with enhanced scope{8 range, 13 damage[+10 v Light]}, a Buck knife {Melee, 6 damage}, Zeus, God's Lightening {melee, 25 damage [+80 v monsters]}
Abilities: Hunt, Endurance (Passive)

^Nikola^
Entrent Oliver (65 HP)
Armament: Spiked Gloves {melee, 23 damage [+10 v light]}, Spiked Chains {5 range, 26 damage[+13 v Massive]}, Twin Pistols with Armor-Piercing Rounds {7 range, 15 damage [+45 v Armored]}, Hades, God's Death Bringer {10 range, 35 damage [+75 v monsters]}
Abilities: Vengeance (Passive), Deadly Grasp, Death's Embrace

^wfawwer^
Adrammalech VII (100 HP)
Armament: Hauteclare {Gun-9 range, 16 damage; Sword-melee, 25 damage}, Scion Seal Launcher { 8 range, 23 damage [+80 v monsters]}, Gladius {Gun- 7 range, 20 damage, Sword- melee, 30 damage}, Abraxas {13 range, 20 damage [Various elemental abilities allowed]}
Abilities: (Passive) Hunter of Adrammalech, Empyrean, Summon Adrammalech

^ShadowFury^
Toria Vorias (150 HP)
Armament: Ares and Athena, twin daggers of God's Wrath {melee, 25 damagex2 attacks [+40 v monsters, +20 v Light]}, Heaven's Light and Shadow Hunter {15 range, 23 damagex2 attacks [+45 v monsters, + 30 v Armored]}
Abilities: Vision of the Shadows (Passive), Call of the Huntress, The Hunt (Passive)

^CrymsonRaven^
Graal (100 HP)
Armament: Bayonet Swords {melee, 11 damage}, Hermes, Bringer of Light {12 range, 26 damage [+80 v monsters, +20 v Light]}, Keeper, Balancer's Blade {melee, 45 damage [+85 v monsters, +25 v Armored, +15 v non-balancer]}
Abilities: Bayonet Storm, Oath & Faith(Passive), Way of Balance(Passive)

Linnzie (155 HP)
Armament: Claws {Melee, 23damagex2 attacks [+14 vs light]}, Teeth { Melee, 40 damage [+15 vs Biological]}, Hunting Bow {12 range, 15 damage}, Vanalia, Love and Balance {15 range, 27 damage [+75 vs monsters, +12 vs armored, +10 vs non-balencer]}
Abilities:Shadow Walk, Vision of the Pack (Passive), Slayer's blow, True Form (Active)

^oBsLumamastr^
Name: Michael Rondey (110 HP)
Armament: Athos and Armads {6 range, 19 damage [+12 v Light]}, Solareon, The Purifying Light{melee, 29 damage[+70 v monsters]}, Long range sniper rifle {15 range, 20 damage [+25 v Armored]}, Athos and Armads {15 dmg, 7 range, [+15 vs monster]}
Abilities: Fatal Hit (Passive), Mental Strike, Enhanced Vision(Passive with active function)

^morrjo^
Noct (180 HP)
Armament: Night's Edge {2 range, 40 damage [+35 v monsters]}, Shards {7 range, 20 damage [+28 v Armored]}
Abilities: Shards (Passive), Precognitive vision, Overclock

^Warhawk^
Seraphim Dante (120 HP)
Armament: Avenger {melee, 40 damage [+55 v monsters]}, Soul-storm Revolvers {range 7, rapid-fire, damage 20 [+15 vs monsters]}, Rift Warden Gauntlets {melee, charged, 5-30 damage [+15 vs monsters]} {ranged 12, charged, 5-30 damage [+15 vs monsters]}, Medical Kit, Hood of the Stranger (stealth)
Abilities: Psi Boost, Advanced Training(Passive), Psi Mastery LV1, Twilight Warden

^Zanon^
Archangel Altun (165 HP)
Armament: Archangel's Blade {melee, 30 damage [+70 v monsters, +35 v light]}
Abilities: Holy Light (Passive), Smite

^KnarledOne^
Ravener (155 HP)
Armament: The Blackrune sword "Lifeswallower" {melee, 28 damage [+75 v monsters, +23 v Light]}, Blackrune knife "Fleshgnawer" {melee, 15 damage}, Modified C-10 Canister Rifle {10 range, 16 damage [+36 v Armored]}
Abilities: Engulfing Hunger (Passive), Blackrune Tatoos (Passive), Consume, Blackrune Writing
Edited by Zarkun on 10/5/2012 8:04 PM PDT
Welcome to the first Placement Tournament! The winner will be awarded with a new ability (Math craft starts soon, but I need a professional opinion on your stats and such. Think PKA without unit limitations) and +10 damage and +1 range (except on melee).

Match 1
Graal vs. Michael Victory- Graal

Match 2
Noct vs. Seraphim Victory- Seraphim

Match 3
Toria vs. Entrent Victory by Default-Toria

Match 4
Linnzie vs. Adrammalech VII Vitory-Adrammalech

Match 5
Graal vs. Seraphim Victory-Seraphim

Match 6
Toria vs. Adrammalech VII Victory-Adrammalech VII

Match 7
Seraphim vs. Adrammalech VII
Edited by Zarkun on 10/14/2012 6:55 PM PDT
IC:
In a brilliant flash of light, a gently glowing winged figure appears. clothed in pure white robes, her face radiates beauty and honor. A true angel has appeared. She gently pushes Noct back;
"Peace, Wanderer. I will do what I can for him."
Holding her hands over Seraphim's body, she begins to ready her power.

Before she can begin, a shadowy sulfurous cloud gathers, a burning horned face within.
"Stop right there, Angel! He is ours by the claim of Krathos!"
She stops, turning on the demon, a pure white blade instantly in her hand, glowing;
"Krathos!? That fool over stepped the boundaries by naming this mortal his scucessor!"
She snaps, her previously calm demeanor now a hard and unyielding.

The demon growls and begins to reply, but stops as the presence of a twin-sided entity fills the cavern.
"Hold. Both sides have an equal claim, no matter how it was achieved. Therefore it is our duty to claim this mortal in the name of balance."
Nether the angel or the demon look overly pleased, but they both have no interest in risking the wrath of the Balancers.
Edited by Warhawk on 10/4/2012 9:35 PM PDT
"Well...balancers seem to be affecting us a lot recently..."
I give Michael a look that screams something more appropriate to come out of Toria's mouth. With an innocent whistle, I turn my back on the group, and begin cutting a portal back into The Ways.

I have no intent of being around these... beings for long. I might be driven sane again!
I sigh and Zarrath almost stepped back out to chase the Balancer out. He and them had a lot of bad blood. Valencia simply rested a hand on Etro, in case a fight broke out.
IC:
"Then it is settl~"
The Balancers are interrupted by ripple of energy, resonating throughout the chamber as a humanoid, yet utterly alien figure appears. Tall, obviously male, his skin is a deep purple and his face is utterly featureless. He is garbed simply in a long tunic nearly the same purple as his skin, but laced with sliver. His only other clothes are a set of silver bracers on his lower arms. An aura of ancient power surounds him.
"No."
Edited by Warhawk on 10/6/2012 6:23 PM PDT
"Erm....what are you?"

OOC: Last post for the night.
Almost about to step out of the world and head back to the mansion, I feel a ripple of power. Casting a wary glance, followed by a quick double take, I take notice of a new figure who doesn't quite match any of the forces we've met thus far. I decide to wait and watch, curious of what might come out of this little incident.
That's when Zarrath does step out, Andilite pulsing with blue energy. "Your kind aren't welcome here and you know it." Valencia, Alistair and I were all confused. Who was that?
IC:
"WHO DARES?.."
The Balancers unexpectedly cut off as the entity raises his hand for silence;
"I claim this mortal for the will of the after. Both the light and the dark are already represented here as well as yourselves. I deem it only proper to have our ways be present here as well. Wouldn't you agree, Balancers?"
His tone is light, but there is an edge of ancient power behind it, far older then most.
IC:
The figure turns to Zarrath;
"Ah.. The Returned. what makes you think you have that authority?"
His voice far harder, his timeless power more visible.
Edited by Warhawk on 10/4/2012 9:26 PM PDT
Zarrath was furious, but mostly with the Balancer, and he decided to show it. "Shut your face. You have no right to this after what you helped ensure that things happened that shouldn't have!" He then returned his attention to the new comer. "Your agreement with Him on High. I'm supposed to help ensure that another...incident...doesn't occur and your coming here puts that at risk."
Edited by Zarkun on 10/4/2012 9:15 PM PDT
IC:
"DO NOT TEST MY WILL, RETURNED! OR I SHALL REVOKE THY RIGHT!"
The entity rumbled, his voice like the thunder of the gods themselves, purple energy crackling at his fists.

OOC:
wait post 10, is that at the Balancers or this guy?
Edited by Warhawk on 10/6/2012 6:24 PM PDT
Zarrath chuckled. "You're breaking your blood pact with Him on High. All I'm doing is reminding you. My concern right now is him." He points Andilite at the Balancer.

OOC: First part is to the Balancer, second to him.
Edited by Zarkun on 10/4/2012 9:20 PM PDT
IC:
"That pact was broken long ago, not by us, but by your kind! Now stand aside and let me claim this mortal as a Warden of the Twilight Realm."
He rumbled.
Edited by Warhawk on 10/4/2012 10:37 PM PDT
Zarrath shakes his head. "I can't do that. But I will. But if anything happens to him, I will find you and I will kill you. Now then," He faces the Balancer, "We have somethings to discuss when this is done."
IC:
The entity laughed;
"Kill me? you know less of us then I thought, but no matter. Now, IF we are in agreement, I have business to attend to."
He steps forward to Seraphim, as the angel steps back, her head bowed in a token of respect. Raising his hands, he holds them over Seraphim and begins to focus his will.
He looks at Zarrath, a tone of amusement in his voice;
"Do I have thy permission, Returned?"
Edited by Warhawk on 10/6/2012 6:24 PM PDT
Zarrath sighs. "I didn't see you, or this. Do your thing."
IC:
He chuckles;
"Humph, very well."
Looking pointedly at the angel and the demon, they both leave in the respected manors. Turning back to the task at hand, he bows his head, energy gathering at his finger tips;
"Rise, Seraphim Dante, son of Gabriel Dante, pact-brother of Michael Rondey, Guardian of Deamos and Warden of the Twilight Realm!"
With that, a flash of energy rips through the cavern. In its wake, both the mysterious figure and the presence of the Balancers is gone leaving behind a forever changed Seraphim.

Gone are the demonic features. He now has pale white skin and long silver hair. His clothes are now the same purple and silver of the forth entity. All of the runes on his weapons are replaced with an unfamiliar flowing script, glowing purple. In addition, Avenger is now a translucent purple and a script lined hood lies around his neck.
Edited by Warhawk on 10/4/2012 10:38 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]