StarCraft® II

World's End II

I see a human standing at the front of the temple. "Hello human. What brings you to this location?"

Lisora arrives back at the campsite.

Dora slaughters several farm animals before disappearing into a cave.
Edited by ShadowFury on 10/9/2012 7:13 PM PDT
Seith Tor**, T2 Krynar Male (39)
Class: Swordsman
Weapon: Broadsword, Coilgun, Ice Needle (thin bladed dagger with a frost enchantment)
-Generally uses powerful, slow strokes in combat and wears heavy armor. Knows Ruination
Fix please, this was a typo on my part. Only weapon is a Broadsword, and no magic. Refer back to my post, I edited.
Edited by Owlfeathers on 10/9/2012 5:26 PM PDT
I was starting to breath shallow as I was hyperventilating from the amount of fear that I saw myself murder the queen in the vision of the future. "NO!" I screamed and then I fell unconscious.
Kyle elbows Kie gut, shutting him up in case one of the drunks heard them. "They already know about that. It's part of why we agreed to do this. Plus my swords have been telling me it's time for a while. Things are changing, and if this is real, then we'd be saving more lives then we'd lose." The hex blades hummed when ever they felt a change on the wind, and they were doing so now.

OOC: Hex blades is the working classification. I'll probably rename them later.
"Malata, can you help her?"
OOC: It's strange there is already talks of rebellion because humans had 5 years of peace and prosperity under Soloman. I mean, it's only technically day one and a half after he announced war and some people would be upset. But I suppose extremists are extremists and there were always elements within the lands who may not have liked the king.
I smile ruefully. Truth time.
"Yes I do have a specific set of skills. I kill people for a living. I also bring them back alive if my employer requests that instead. I'm fairly good at it if I do say so myself."

I smile and wait for her response. I certainly hope she doesn't outright attack me. That can only end in tears.
She looks at Gordon carefully, "You are an assassin then? I have no problem with people who kill for a living. We all need to make due with what we have and our circumstances makes us who we are. I could even use your service if you have the correct tools. If you do well, I might find you a permanent job."

She casually picks up her staff on the ground.
Edited by smylez on 10/9/2012 6:29 PM PDT
10/09/2012 05:45 PMPosted by smylez
OOC: It's strange there is already talks of rebellion because humans had 5 years of peace and prosperity under Soloman. I mean, it's only technically day one and a half after he announced war and some people would be upset. But I suppose extremists are extremists and there were always elements within the lands who may not have liked the king.

You could say that the unification was forced and that not everyone wanted to be a part of it. People still have bad blood from the wars. People who lost family members would still be upset. Factions would still be scrabbling and distrustful of each other. Solomon may not even be as good a ruler as he thinks or maybe people don't think they got enough from him. Ever read the "Inheritance Cycle" starting with Eragon? Or if not, never mind. But the point remains. It hasn't been that long. There's going to still be tense. This is just an opportunity for the resistance. The kingdom will be weakened after the war. Plus, many people may be upset that war is occurring at all. After all, all the races negotiated for Void users to be brought to a special academy. Why skip negotiations now right after a series of devastating wars? It could be disastrous.

Edit:
10/09/2012 06:13 PMPosted by smylez
What I do have a problem though, is this: to bring someone back to life, that is among the most grievous of offense that is punishable by death.

10/09/2012 06:01 PMPosted by Zanon
I also bring them back alive if my employer requests that instead.

I think he means, "he doesn't kill them and brings them to the employer alive" smylez.
Edited by Thecommander on 10/9/2012 6:25 PM PDT
@TC
The Gray Wardens were always a neutral faction but its students had the choice to choose sides. It was set up long time ago before the Human empire split. You forget that there is bad blood between Beastmen and Humans that goes back in history and the Beastmen has fired the first shot according to the human side. If there is a common hatred, people will be distracted if it can misdirected. All of your points are valid to a degree but most humans have come to accept Soloman as their king because might is right.

EDIT: Now that makes sense. Haha, I read it the wrong way. Will edit.
Edited by smylez on 10/9/2012 6:31 PM PDT
I search the the temple, using the power of the Void to allow myself to see in the darkest places.

Lisora arrives back at the campsite.

Dora slaughters several farm animals before disappearing into a cave.

Did you pay any attention whatsoever to my posts?
And who is "I"
Edited by Fantasy on 10/9/2012 6:41 PM PDT
So smylez...how do you like my plot that I"m coming up together with?

IC
Kie shuts up and quietly follows.

I started to breath normally now and the amulet quit glowing.
OOC: I didn't know when the Grey Wardens was set up. I didn't forget the bad blood between beastmen and humans. I just didn't bring it up because it didn't help my case, but I should have addressed it. I guess the beastmen attacking first would cause an uproar, but full out war? There isn't really proof that the attacks were authorized and I remember only one village being destroyed. Wouldn't it make more sense to just defend the outlying villages. When a beastmen band tries to attack a village, the human commander would give them a warning. If the beastmen attack any ways, then going to war would be more justifiable. Just a thought.

IC: "She seems to be calming down. The glow is gone."

"Is she going to be okay?"
Edited by Thecommander on 10/9/2012 6:42 PM PDT
The borders are always subject to minor skirmishes when Humans try to expand further to the Great Mistwood forest. During the five years of Soloman's reign, humans have been aggressively expanding south. They see it as their right and because of the bad blood between them, they have no problems encroaching further into the beastman's lands. This doesn't suit well with Beastmen so they organize raids on human settlements etc. for retribution. Humans of course, respond violence with more violence.

Even in peaceful times, tensions always run high between the two and it just takes a match to result in a powder keg exploding. Mal Ruina was a major human city not too far from the Great Mistwood Forest when the beastmen raided and decimated the city. This is one of the reasons why the King called for war because the massacre was such a disaster for humans.

@CR
If you are doing what I think you are doing, I have some reservations. But I'll allow it.
Edited by smylez on 10/9/2012 7:00 PM PDT
"Rak'rai is I. The Void user. You said it was not blocked and that a statue in front would be destroyed." -_-
smylez, do I have your blessing for an The Invasion Redux?
"There shouldn't be any trouble in doing so. These ruins have a magically locked door, a protector, and something stored within."

OOC: To let you know Fantasy, my character is oblivious that you're in there.

As The explorer, walked towards the temple, he noticed the temple doors were thrown open, and had long been destroyed. The statue in the front was shattered, and its arms and body were chipped.

Seth heard a voice, " Seth, you have been in this temple far longer than everyone else. A few Innocents, and one searching for knowledge will arrived. Unlike those violent brutes from earlier, Guide them to the main chamber."
Seth opened his eyes, and stared at the ghost, one of the keepers. The spirit of the hero, could destroy anyone. He nodded, and removed a pale silver mask. He placed it over his head. Walking like a shadow, he arrived at the beginning of the maze that was the temple.
Wearing the mask, he said in a quiet tone, "Welcome in! I was told to guide you, the seeker of knowledge to the center."

You passed Seth, who was standing at the front, and you have no reaction to the statues.
@CR
If you are doing what I think you are doing, I have some reservations. But I'll allow it.
Just remember than even a peek into the future will never guarantee nothing, it's just one of the possible outcomes which means that it might never happen, or it might happen and fail. Because everything someone sees in the future could end up being the opposite.

Plus,,,all she's doing is going to be part of the Hierarchy, she didn't really choose to be a princess or royalty until everyone was calling her that and I just stuck with it. But she could be related to the royal family then.

So about the royal family part, not really my original intent but oh well...what's done is done.
Edited by CrymsonRaven on 10/9/2012 7:09 PM PDT
"The correct tools? You can use nearly anything to kill a man. It is the skills that are important. My talents make killing mages much easier for me than any other man alive."
I gesture at her staff.
"That tool reminds me of a rather humbling experience. Would you care to hear about it?"
smylez, please fix my character sheet, I updated the post for having a few really big typos.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]