StarCraft® II

SC2 Lobby Issue

I have created a SC2 map with the editor, but my only issues are in the lobby. Everytime I use my map with friends and say I'm player 1 and friend 1 is player 2, friend 2 is player 3 and friend 3 is player 4. Now when I move Player 2 & 3 (Swap them), in the lobby it works. But in the game player 2 & 3 didnt switch at all. Also why do computer player start at player 8 and work there way down?
Thanks for any help!
Reply Quote
The lobbies don't work like in WC3/SC1. The slots don't matter. The host is always player 1, and the second player to join is always player 2. The third player to join is always player 3. This ignores the slot the player is in.
Reply Quote
the players go in the slots, but on the wrong team in the game.
Reply Quote
Yeah, that's how it is. There's a trigger function that lets you look at lobby teams, and as far as I know it's the only way to make sure the in-game teams match the lobby teams. It's clumsy and silly and annoying and borderline stupid, but it's how it is. It's not uncommon for mapmakers to lock lobby teams for this reason.
Reply Quote
10/10/2012 04:47 PMPosted by Hades
the players go in the slots, but on the wrong team in the game.

Yes... Like I just said, it doesn't matter what slot they're in.
Reply Quote
ok, thank you. If by chance could you help me on how to do this?
anyways thanks
Reply Quote
I haven't tested my lobby system much but never had issues with it.

As far as I know, if you set up the players and team settings for the map and assign teams to slots then you won't get this issue.

I feel a bit uncertain with this answer considering no one else mentioned it yet and I haven't dealt with this issue in a long time but like I said, I didn't have any issues.

Oh, after thinking a bit I may have realized what your issue is. You have all your players on 1 team. If you assign individual teams to each player then you might get what you want. Generally there's no need of having to distinguish particular players within a team (in a sense), so it sounds like the functionality you want is individual team for each player (and obviously have the teams allied)

My memory of this is faint, but I think that's what you're doing wrong based on the limited description.
Reply Quote
Sorry for the delayed response, but I do not want each player to be on his/her own team. Also I dont have everyone one Team 1, they are spread in pairs of 2 (over 4 teams). I have been told to use triggers, but have no idea how to set them up for this.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]