StarCraft® II

Custom map night 10/13/12 Stream

10/14/2012 06:50 AMPosted by Bounty
Oh and Fockewulf i kept telling u over and over there is no referee/watcher AND to tell that dude to press F and you did not listen.

As a side note, you could said it on the Campaign Creations channel. At least quite a few of us including myself did enable the option to see channel chat even in mid-game.

I am aware you can't take for granted that people does have it enabled but yeah.
Reply Quote
I just watched the recording and I'm so glad you guys seemed to enjoy my Dodgeball game! Thanks for giving it a shot, and if you have any feedback, please let me know!
Reply Quote
10/14/2012 09:10 AMPosted by rut
I just watched the recording and I'm so glad you guys seemed to enjoy my Dodgeball game! Thanks for giving it a shot, and if you have any feedback, please let me know!

Indeed, I did enjoy it. As for feedback, I don't have much since I didn't see anything particularly wrong and I honestly don't have anything specific to comment on. It might be over more games of it that I find something to suggest.
Reply Quote
Bounty I was focusing on other things atm. I'm sorry that they acted that way. You will notice though that some of us didn't.

My only comment was that I didn't like the concept behind it but it was well implemented like pretty much everything you make anymore is well implemented. Remember the days of Battlefield Egypt 1 and me convincing you to use create thread? Long time ago eh?

And rut the dodgeball game was well very well made.

I really can't take much pleasure in those kinds of maps any more for very long but it was a good map.
Edited by FockeWulf on 10/14/2012 12:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Try not to take their criticism personally. Some games aren't for everyone, and mapmakers especially have an "auto-unimpressed" passive buff if a game looks simplistic/not complex/easy to make. (Whether it actually was easy to make or not.) These are the same mapmakers that would say Nexus Wars sucks (I used to be there too) but what I've realized is that if you're trying to impress/entertain the mapmaking community, you're targeting the wrong community.

What mapmaker criticism is usually saying is that "Your map isn't doing anything I couldn't figure out how to make technically, therefore it sucks and when/if it ever becomes ridiculously popular my mind will be boggled."

Some of the simplest things to do in the editor are the most effective at making a game fun.
Reply Quote
Try not to take their criticism personally. Some games aren't for everyone, and mapmakers especially have an "auto-unimpressed" passive buff if a game looks simplistic/not complex/easy to make. (Whether it actually was easy to make or not.) These are the same mapmakers that would say Nexus Wars sucks (I used to be there too) but what I've realized is that if you're trying to impress/entertain the mapmaking community, you're targeting the wrong community.

What mapmaker criticism is usually saying is that "Your map isn't doing anything I couldn't figure out how to make technically, therefore it sucks and when/if it ever becomes ridiculously popular my mind will be boggled."

Some of the simplest things to do in the editor are the most effective at making a game fun.

I understand that but i think you need to watch the video i linked and you'll why it made me mad.
Reply Quote
I love how you guys confuse the terms "critical" with "idiotic" when it comes to your "criticisms". You basically play a fail star battle map for 2 hours then go to play Haunted Forest and say it sucks before you even start.

On top of that 90% of you were complaining about things that were your own fault for not reading the How to Play or the Loading Screen OR the Controls that were displayed as soon as the map started ffs. Example "OMG I CANT SEE THIS IS STUPID!".

Guess what bro? F for Flashlight, was right on the How to Play, the loading screen and it is displayed at the start of the game.

Unbelievable. Oh and thanks for spam down voting it down from 500+ 5 star rating.

Generic slender map is generic.

We regularly have 3-4 hour W&M games. That "fail star battle" was actually enjoyable outside of the range bug. Some of the bugs make them even better.
Reply Quote
Generic slender map is generic.

We regularly have 3-4 hour W&M games. That "fail star battle" was actually enjoyable outside of the range bug. Some of the bugs make them even better.

You really must be pretty moronic to think its a generic slender map. It was INSPIRED by Slender, nothing more. The only thing that the two have in common are you're being chased by something.

I don't even know why i'm responding to you though, you lost any sense of credibility when used the words "Star Battle" and "Enjoyable".
Edited by Bounty on 10/15/2012 4:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
hahah Star Battle is only good if your HIgh, thats a proven point... Stay battles sucks otherwise. haha yo Bounty we should try to set up a map night, and instead of posting it in these low population Forums, Post it in the general on Mapster and such, What do you say? you in?
Reply Quote
10/15/2012 04:47 PMPosted by Bounty
I don't even know why i'm responding to you though, you lost any sense of credibility when used the words "Star Battle" and "Enjoyable".

Then you understand exactly where I'm coming from bro.
Reply Quote
10/15/2012 05:06 PMPosted by IShadowWolf
hahah Star Battle is only good if your HIgh, thats a proven point... Stay battles sucks otherwise. haha yo Bounty we should try to set up a map night, and instead of posting it in these low population Forums, Post it in the general on Mapster and such, What do you say? you in?

Err...don't they already do that in Mapster?
Reply Quote
10/15/2012 05:06 PMPosted by IShadowWolf

Mapster isn't that much more "alive" than anywhere else these days.

And out of those guys only Helral and DrSuperEvil are of any real help. And DrSuperGood/Evil is from Hive anyways..

On a side note Blizzard needs to give those 2 free copies of all SC2 games as a thank you.

Helrel wrote the bulk of the UI documentation and no one has been more helpful in general than DrSuperGood in my experience.
Edited by FockeWulf on 10/15/2012 10:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/15/2012 10:44 PMPosted by FockeWulf

Mapster isn't that much more "alive" than anywhere else these days.

And out of those guys only Helral and DrSuperEvil are of any real help. And DrSuperGood/Evil is from Hive anyways..

On a side note Blizzard needs to give those 2 free copies of all SC2 games as a thank you.

Helrel wrote the bulk of the UI documentation and no one has been more helpful in general than DrSuperGood in my experience.

Not that's still around, But JademusSreg was a massive help in the IRC at all times.
Reply Quote
Fact is: Generic Maps are generic and Very boring. Slender, Not even scary to begin with makes you want to cry on how terrible it even played out. You were better off making AoSs with WoW Models.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]