StarCraft® II

[Nexus Wars] - Changelog/Suggestions (3)

hydras thors. maybe void ray. 1.5, 5, and 2.5 respectively.

scourge needs to move to 1.5 for sure.
colossus could drop to 5.
arcon to 3. scout to 2.25.

bc, it could use a buff of some kind. unit control is correct though.
it needs a minor damage buff. maybe +1 acrross the board.

terrans ground control options are rediculous.

if you wanted to get fancy... you could add back in the wraith, and drop the muta spawn time to 25 seconds but leave it at 2 control.
that's it. after a 1000 games + that's my suggestions.
you could give the wraith like a 11 air damage total versus non-armored and 22 versus armored.

it's supose lose to the muta, and beat the phoenix. that's its natural role. terran has so many bio control options.

and give the protoss templar like 1.5 control total so you can afford an extra one or two to control zerg bio ball.
Edited by esoteric on 12/31/2012 12:54 AM PST
it's not the units that are off... it's the quanities on the map that don't balance.
there's some other little changes... tooo... I guess like maybe a 34 second spawn time instead of 36. but I can't really figure out a good reason why. a few other details if no one decides to adjust unit control. some with protoss defiantely. and a few with terran. zerg is fairly good on it's spawn times.
i think the carrier and the voidray could have spawn times dropped a tad. just a tad too.

assuming you don't go unit control. i would go unit control and not adjust the spawn times. because it's almost perfectly blanced...
and it really is the unit control numbers and not the spawn times... because it changes the game dynamics at the end game when you have mass armies...

leave the spawn times alone and add in those suggestions i through out and try a dummy run offline and see how it plays. :)
dear jebus son, a page of posts! the edit button is your friend, use it.

also, supply costs should be whole numbers because the bounty of a unit is tied to its supply cost. plus simpler is better

and no, thors do not need a change in supply, nor do most things. the only exceptions i could see are scourge (are 2 raise to 3), reapers (more for bounty reasons than unit limit reasons), and carriers (from 8 to 9 or even 10).

i also think roaches need a minor buff and nerf to make them better: they need to move faster on creep and get rid of roach speed upgrade so they keep up with hydras. the purpose of roaches is to tank for the hydras but once you get creep movement gets all screwed up and they fall out of sync.

and you may be right mirrir: armor is 8x more effective vs carriers. i guess i am just approaching them wrong: dont try to kill them quickly, try to out-last them.
i found a bug: if you build multiple medivacs it will let you research the upgrade on each building. this will take your 100 mins each time and not refund them after the research is done.

minor bug, your not going to do it anyway unless you are REALLY ahead and REALLY bored and REALLY rich, but still.

EDIT: and no, this is not hypocritical of my "use the edit button" minirant. it is an unrelated idea made at a much later time :p
Edited by MrQuackums on 1/8/2013 11:48 PM PST
12/30/2012 03:52 PMPosted by Pchan
Id like to know the Counter to Mass Banes and Mass scourge? Cause as far as I can see, there Isnt one. You go Air to counter the Banes, and the Scourge eat you alive, you go ground to counter the Scourge, the Banes eat you alive. So other then Massing Banes and Scourge yourself, please let me know how to deal with this. Ive this this quite a few times in my games, tried all kinds of combos, and NONE have beat this. IMHO and in MOST peoples opinions, Scourge and Banes should have either Higher Min/Pop costs, or put a cap on how many you can make.

Counter to mass banes is either go air or mass tanks or mass marines. Counter to mass scourges is to not make air units and go ground exclusively. There is a counter for everything.
You can also coutner mass bane and mass scourge with archons. Since archons coutner banes and arent air.

Just putting that out there.
You can also coutner mass bane and mass scourge with archons. Since archons coutner banes and arent air.

Just putting that out there.

I have the opposite experience with Archons vs Banes. :|
archons counter small numbers of banes but once they get enough banes to kill archons then they suck.

but, even vs a 90 supply bane army a few (like 6 or so) unsynced archons are good for tanking the few banes you dont kill
I guess i never really use mass archons to counter banes like after they have been built a lot. Its a they are going mass banes, I go archon. They either stop or get crushed because they fall behind in income and upgrades and lose.
If someone leaves at exactly 30 seconds, everyone in the game gets a loss.
cannons are mostly noob fodder (there are a FEW good uses but in a 4v4 this almost never occurs). to fix this they should be salvageable for 100 mins back; have it take 30 to 45 seconds and can not attack during the salvage to prevent a "oh !@#$, about to lose the cannon" salvage.

it would definitely make them more useful while still generally not interrupting balance too much.
cannons are mostly noob fodder (there are a FEW good uses but in a 4v4 this almost never occurs). to fix this they should be salvageable for 100 mins back; have it take 30 to 45 seconds and can not attack during the salvage to prevent a "oh !@#$, about to lose the cannon" salvage.

it would definitely make them more useful while still generally not interrupting balance too much.

I think that this would make cannons far too good.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]