StarCraft® II

Can we get some better maps please?

Hey I love sc2, but the only thing i don't like is the lack of the map's ability to make me feel like i'm "in the game". I thought with warcraft 3 the maps were done very well regarding this aspect, although the unit count is much smaller and there is more micro involved in that game, so i can understand why the maps in sc2 aren't made to be "too distracting" i guess.

I would just like to see some of the maps look a little more creative, with maybe changing how the scenery and ground look. I practically hate the pure space maps (some of them are done OK, but there's a few with the brick-like floor I don't care for). I almost get a bad or negative feeling when I play them so i vote against them. Some of the more "leafy" maps aren't as done as well as I'd like either, while others look much more amazing.

Also there's a 4v4 map with roads and such on the map. The roads feel out of place, and I think they take away from that map's full potential. I vote against this map as well, as the map doesn't feel right to me.

The 1v1 maps are pretty good, but I hardly play 1v1 since, let's be honest, a lot of us game to get some "social" aspect in our lives, so that results in me playing 2v2 or 3v3 mostly.

I liked how in warcraft 3 there were maps where you could walk over shallow water. I think this would be a cool implementation to the game. More "island based" maps could be neat as well, with shallow water entrances leading to the combat field while being surrounded by trees (like in some of the warcraft 3 maps; I don't mean by starting off on islands)

I know that there's probably some good custom maps out there, but I don't really understand the point of playing a custom game. Multiplayer quick match is where i spend 99% of my time on sc2.

If someone from the team wanted to chime in I would be glad to be more specific about which maps I think are done well and which maps could use a little improving.

There's gotta be other people out there who feel the same way I do. I tried to convince my roommate to get the game but he wasn't able to look past a lot of the maps. He would always comment how they seemed bland and depressing whenever he'd catch me playing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]