StarCraft® II

Mercenaries in HotS?

I'm curious as far as something in the HotS campaign - Will there be something that functions like mercenaries in WoL? Maybe some sort of Zerg structure where you can "hire" Hunter-Killers, Kuzulka, or Torrasque, or allows you to spawn a certain number of them per mission? Lorewise, I know there'd be no reason to do something EXACTLY like mercenaries, but will we still, for a few extra resources, be able call in upgraded mercenary-like Zerg units via sacs?
Reply Quote
I don't think so, there's already the evolution system after the upgrades while WoL only had the upgrades and the evolved units kinda remeber mercs, probably it is going to substitute that mechanic. If we had kerrigan, evos and mercs it would be too powerfull.
Reply Quote
Well not mercenaries, but maybe special units like Hunter Killers and Devouring Ones. Things like that that work basically like a mercanary
Reply Quote
that would be cool
Reply Quote
It would nice to see the Torrasque again..but the evolutionary splits play the role of stronger versions of the normal unit. It would be redundant to have mercenaries along with this feature.
Reply Quote
I disagree, I would love to see some Stelth style missions with Karrigan and afew of her "selected reinforced" minions. Few hunter killers, a meat eatter (maybe not, but I want a 800 HP zergling that hits for 50 I am greedy...) Tarresk, Unclean ones, all sorts of "hero" zerg units that are supped up normal ones for missions where "overwhelming numbers are not an opption" type deal.
Reply Quote
11/11/2012 12:28 PMPosted by UltraNoob
It would nice to see the Torrasque again..but the evolutionary splits play the role of stronger versions of the normal unit. It would be redundant to have mercenaries along with this feature.

I'm sure we can see Hunter Killer Hydralisks in the game. After all, they already made an appearance in the WoL campaign (I think).
Reply Quote
More focus is going into Kerrigan as the "hero unit" warcraft 3 style. Doubt you'd need mercs.
Reply Quote
11/25/2012 12:29 AMPosted by LittleRaven
More focus is going into Kerrigan as the "hero unit" warcraft 3 style. Doubt you'd need mercs.

Maybe not, but they never said towards the end of the game she'll be strong enough to fight the whole Dominion army all by herself. She's strong, but she's not THAT strong.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]