StarCraft® II

Camera Help

I am needing help changing my maps camera settings to have it zoomed out as the basic start camera.

Then i am needing help setting a player to be able to choose where they want the camera to be so -Zoom in -Zoom out Commands how do i do this in the triggers?
Reply Quote
Developer
You'll want to modify camera data in the Data module, which is found under Data > Edit Advanced Data > Cameras.

You can either override the Default Camera values, or you can create a new camera object, then set that as the active camera data using the Set Camera Data trigger action.

In the camera data, you can modify the Zoom Levels field to change the zoom distance for the various zoom levels. You can also change the default zoom level using the Zoom Default field.
Reply Quote
Thanks i got it working now.
Reply Quote
I changed settings of the Default Camera in Data Editor but it doesn't change anything.

I also use a trigger to smooth the camera initialization.

Player Group - Pick each player in (Active Players) and do (Actions)
Actions
Camera - Zoom camera for player (Picked player) at (Start location of player (Picked player)) from ((Real(Default Camera Distance)) + 8.0) to Default Camera Distance over 1.5 seconds

I don't think this trigger as anything to do with the Default Camera Distance not setting up correctly.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]