StarCraft® II

Maltheism (RP)

Etymology

Macaronic nonce coinage from mal-, from Latin malus (“bad”), + theism (compare misotheism and dystheism).

Noun

maltheism (uncountable)

• The belief that there is an evil God or gods.
  • ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ereboran Six.

We're going to make it. We're going to make it!

The small ship pulled free of the planet's gravity well. Its few inhabitants slumped in their seats, their features wracked with exhaustion and fear.

"We made it," one said, tears of relief flowing from her eyes. "We're safe."

One of the men grunted and gripped his seat tightly. Another looked at him in concern. "What is it? What do you feel?"

"Anger." Fear was evident in his voice. "They aren't happy. He isn't happy."

"Well, they won't get us back. I wouldn't come within twelve light-years of this system for a million credits, once we're gone. I only hope nobody else stumbles across it," he added grimly.

"What about the others? The ones who stayed behind?"

Another gritted his teeth. "I imagine they'll do fine. Those wandering tribes came from somewhere."

"You think... they were crash survivors? Like us?" Asked a horrified voice.

"Or their descendants. How else do you explain genuine humans on an alien world?"

The psionic grunted. "Let's just get out of here. The further we are from this planet, the happier I'll be."

The ship sailed away, carrying its passengers to safety... but they were no more the planet's last victims than they were its first.

The Pantheon.

Senemethress.
    The Weaver.

Goddess of deception and seduction. Patron goddess of giant spiders. As evil and treacherous as she is beautiful. There are several small shrines to her in the western swamp.

Dicarne.
    The Deadly.

God of death. Is served by the enslaved spirits of his enemies. Troll and human sacrifices are offered to him on altars in the west and east.

Malkariss.
    The Watcher.

God of vision and cruelty. Considered the spirit of the northern mountain. Keeps tabs on all who land on the planet, and toys with them until others claim them. A large statue of him exists atop the mountain.

Subtilis Cultro.
    The Deceiver.

Goddess of deception, malice, and vengeance. The little sister of the Weaver. Feared by all native peoples. Human tribes sacrifice to her to appease her and prevent her from killing them. Altars for this purpose exist, one to the north of the crash and one to the southeast.

Zzerkas.
    The Plague-Bringer.

God of disease. Patron god of trolls. Often works through troll servants, loves toying with victims in this way. Many trolls carry small idols of Zzerkas.

Mishik.
    The Tormentor.

God of mischief. Patron god of imps and goblins. Loves to play devastating jokes on mortals. The Shrine of Mishik rests in the center of a goblin settlement in the east

Rynthysis.
    The Breaker.

God of madness and betrayal. Patron god of all who have been driven insane by the planet. Loves to make mortals betray each other to their deaths or drive their friends insane and force them to kill them. The Temple of Madness is just past the southwestern mountain.

Nesa.
    The Siren.

Goddess of 'love.' Patron goddess of nymphs and dryads. She and her servants exist mostly to the south at another common crash sight. Their job is to distract people, but they mostly do it for fun, not out of malice. A large idol to her exist on the coast of the Sea far to the south, and southern Amazons sometimes carry idols to her.

Ytarys.
    The Fisherman.

God of the stars. Uses his evil magic to lure ship to the system and crash them on Ereboran.

And last but not least:

Gorthaur.
    Lord of the Gods.

Gorthaur rules over the other gods and over all the inhabitants of the planet with an iron fist. He is incredibly powerful. THe Great Temple contains statues of all the gods, but his is largest, and the Temple is considered to be his. Some sorcerors and witch doctors carry talismans to grant them his blessing and power.

And there you have it. Finally. I should have posted that a long time ago. Let me know if there are any horrible gaps in it I haven't though of.[/quote]
    Edited by KnarledOne on 11/15/2012 1:09 PM PST
    What is this? Story? RP?
    Is this an RP, or a story?
    What is this thread?

This is a roleplay. It revolves around a planet inhabited by supernatural beings and the people who find themselves on that planet after the passenger ship Denethor crashes there.

How can I join?

Submit the following data:

<PlayerName>
    Character Name.

Character race, appearance.

Character personality.

Character backstory.

Intro post: Why were you aboard the ship that crashed? What did you do during and immediately after the crash?

HOW TO SURVIVE THIS RP.

This RP will call on your survival skills, your cunning, and your ruthlessness/compassion/integrity. Your character will struggle against the powers of Ereboran, which delight in tormenting 'mortals.' These beings are seriously bad; They can curse you, send monsters after you, whatever they feel like. Will you fight Them, or become another savage whose life is devoted to staying on Their good side?

What kind of characters are good in this RP?

Any. You can make an original character, or bring in an old one to see how they will adapt.

Let the games begin.

Haphazardly attached piece of Character List:

<Jester>
    Nina Kalvaus

Terran. Female, blonde, light and lithe build at 5' 9", tanned skin, hazel eyes, Black and red medium armor with shielding systems and a powerful generator.

Happy and Cheerful, almost impossible to make her unhappy. Hyper-intelligent and quick-thinking, often settling things verbally rather than physically.

Mercenary and leader, she had been a bounty hunter for a long time, often getting the jobs that others refused to do. After the events at Umoja Plains, she had received a call to return to the UED.

Intro post: Traveled in the ship in order to return to the UED, but the ship had crashed. After the crash, she wakes up, and starts wandering around. Demands a refund.

<CrymsonRaven>

Name: Veronica "Echo" Chambers

Race: Terran with cybernetic implants

Appearance: Wears a duster that is made with a special nano weave which repairs and hardens it against impacts. 5' 11" with crimson eyes and silver hair that is shoulder length. Surgical scars from the implants on most of her body.

Carries a butterfly knife, pistol, and Karasi SMG.

Personality: Nervous, shy, and she is suffering from mild to severe insanity from the damage to the brain from the lack of oxygen.

Backstory: She was a simple agent who was pronounced KIA during a mission went wrong. And this gave her the chance to give herself a new life, was she wrong about that. She managed to get contacted by a Mercenary Group that wanted her for a job, they paid handsomely and she needed the pay.

After doing the assignment she wanted to disappear before the pay and she had fell out of the cargo hold of a Wraith and plummeted into the atmosphere.

And unknown group was interested in her and they even had files about her life, everything she was, was in that file. Reconstructing "Echo", now Veronica Chambers. She kept her codename as a keepsake of her past.

Intro:
    I woke up, the breath taken out of me as I felt a slight pain in my left leg. I had fractured it. The cybernetics must have saved my life, once more. "Where am I?" Looking around in the darkness above me that was the canopy of the forest.
    Edited by KnarledOne on 10/27/2012 1:42 PM PDT
    10/22/2012 04:15 PMPosted by KnarledOne
    God

This should be lower cased ;)
    Sheesh, give a dude a minute to finish, peeps.

Character List.

I shall endeavor to maintain it.

<Zarkun>Jake HunterTerran, Armor is painted red and blue, with the Jolly Rodger painted on both shoulders and a wolf on the visor, armor is also slimmed down to allow for extra mobility and movement range and has a small cannon on one shoulder. 6’ even, sun-tanned skin, skinny, but muscular, dark, almost black, hair, hazel eyes. Has a scar on his right eye from engaging a Hydralisk in hand-to-hand combat.

Calm and friendly, loves playing a game of cards. Loves making new friends, but his time since surviving the Outbreak has made him more cautious of enemies and more protective of friends and squad mates. Uses an Assault Plasma Rifle, Twin short swords that look like large trench knives, and a Scythe Pistol. Armor is outfitted to detect psionics, meaning cloaked foes are no longer a threat. Also has infrared and magnetic modes for his visor.

Initially enlisted with the Confederacy for benefits and assigned his own assault unit known as Sparta‘s Ghosts. Gained his nickname Slasher for his combat skills with blades. They were deployed to a derelict mining ship to rescue any survivors, and it was here he first encountered the Zerg. He was the only surviving member of his unit by the time he’d rallied the survivors together. Escaping to the frozen planet below, he and the other survivors fought off the Zerg until the enigmatic Protoss saved them. In the ensuing evacuation, he engaged a Hydralisk in CQC, and earned a scar for his victory. He vanished after escaping the planet, then resurfaced to become a security guard at New Folsom while helping the Raiders. Once that was done, he vanished again, planet hopping to avoid getting caught by the Dominion for helping with the breakout in New Folsom.

<Warhawk>

Name: Stefan "Hawkeye" Alexander

Race: Terran with a zerg and/or protoss DNA infusion

Appearance: All black highly customized armor, think WoL campaign merc War Pigs (0-gee micro thrusters, cloaking field, bio-tech restorative nanites, micro matter converter) / 5' 11" / Compact magrail battle rifle / Twin magrail machine pistols / 18" vibro combat knife

Personality: A totally ruthless killer, and yet an utterly reliable friend and ally. He’s also extremely protective of the weak and innocent.

Backstory: Originally a Confederacy lieutenant, Stefan joined the Sons of Korhal. When the Dominion was formed, he worked his way up the ranks to captain. During a mission, Stefan awoke his previously inactive psychic potential. After the mission, he was dragged into the labyrinthine inner-workings of the Dominion’s ghost program. Due to the fact that Stefan; “Had not registered as a psychically enabled individual.” denied him to any sort of protection from unethical experimentation. Surprisingly, the experiments were largely successful, giving Stefan unparalleled capabilities. Despite the ‘benefits’ he had gained, Stefan began nurturing a deep hatred for the Dominion. During a massive explosion and power failure, he escaped and started hiring himself out as a contract mercenary. However, official Dominion records say there were no survivors.

Name: The Voodoo Master
    Race: Troll

Appearance: Green skinned, tall and looks like a troll from Warcraft.

Backstory: A native of Ereboran, the Voodoo master escaped from the planet... or was set free. He spent many years teaching the mystical Protoss his trade and in return, he has learned to master and combine psionic powers to his elemental powers. He is a much more powerful witch doctor in every sense, and returned to Ereboran to put his skills to use for the dark deity he worships. He arrived mere weeks before the Denethor crashed.

Personality: Troll

Intro:
    "Oh mon! Da spirits be pleased to know that new sacrifices be makin' their way soon!"

<Korozain>
    Vex "Blade" Zerash

Terran - Blade Kings
    6'8", average body stature with a lot of muscle. White and Red medieval-themed power armor. Has light personal shielding. Wields a Energy-short sword (Imagine a dragon-themed sword about 3ft. in length, but the blade tip is curved and there is an electric-type energy going from the hilt to to blade tip when turned on, blade is a silver color, hilt black and gold.) And a blue (a little black finds its way in the color) "assault rifle" that fires projectiles somewhat like a rail gun but not as powerful and automatic, its barrel is open with a large horizontal opening in it. At the end there is a conductor where it charges bullets, making them deadlier. Dark skin, hair braided into dreadlocks and has a white milky eye with a scratch along it.

Personality - Usually very joking and humorous. Uses his strength to intimidate, and make intimidating jokes. Deep, voice and strong African accent. A very loyal man, usually nice, but can become very merciless on the battlefield

Background - Vex was always ambitious. He loved the concepts of order, loyalty and honor. His intelligence was good enough to get him through school as a slightly above average student, but he always excelled in physical activities. He was always the best cadet in the Junior Military Arts program. He saw a news-cast on the rising of the Blade Kings, and how they overthrew Omicron-3's oppressive government. That sparked his passion to join them. He is currently a Captain in their ranks and led many successful assaults on the "infidel" Archons of Steele, and the "shady bandits", the Shade Gheists.

Intro - He recently was sent here to scout this uncharted planet with a few P.E.O.N. worker units to create a new base of the "Outlands" region of the sector. The planets gravity pulled in his small ship, and only him and one comrade survived. His team-mate took a serious blow to the head and went insane, so Vex had to kill him. He sees a new ship arrive on this forsaken planet, and goes to see if they are even remotely friendly.

<Zanon>
    Aldar
    Protoss male of standard height. Standard issue Zealot armor except for a secondary emergency shield generator.

Prideful like most Protoss, but has far more respect for Terrans as a race than most. Has studied Terran culture and technology extensively.

Served under Tassadar before and during the zerg invasion. He had begun training as a High Templar, but the tide of events brought him into the war zone. This brought his studies to a grinding halt.
    The end of the brood wars meant he was no longer needed on the front lines. As such, it was decided he would accompany survey teams to study planets fit to be colonized by the Protoss should Aiur prove to be impossible to retake.

Intro post: "Pilot. How long until we reach the planet's atmosphere?"

<Jake>

Name: ED-E (ee-dee)

Hovering Terran Construct (Usually thought of as male)http://static.fimfiction.net/images/story_images/53431.jpg?1348619939

Appearance: ED-E is a floating, sleek ball essentially made from cobbled together scrap, and only later renovated by his latest owner with a much more sleek design, and with better materials to boot. He has a vulture's hovering device that allows him to fly around a few feet off the ground, but is only about 16" across and tall.He is armed with a stripped down Guass Rifle on his lower front that has a 180 degree rotation from side to side and a 90 degree angle up and down, from directly below him to pointing straight ahead. Ammo reserves are plentiful, being able to fire non-stop for a full 30 minutes before running out of ammo.His optics are behind reinforced bullet-proof glass on his front, and can magnify up to x6.His armor plating is that of a seige tank, and can take a surprising amount of small arms fire, though many explosives easily cause heavy internal damage. Flies Dominion colors, though most of the paint has chipped from battle damage and neglect.

Personality: ED-E's AI, companionship with humans, and faced with the hard reality of war have given him a cheerful, but reserved sort of attitude towards others, seeing humans as great companions that have the unfortunate habit of dying in horrific manners before any real bond can be established. With aliens being consistantly hostile towards him he has become strongly xenophobic, and has a 'shoot first, ask questions later' policy with them. He himself can only speak in beeps, but records and can replay everything he hears and sees, as well as storing anything and everything else he can get from databases he is plugged into.

Background: Starting as a passing project for an engineer by the name of 'Tom' on a backwater agri-world, he was little more than a floating tin can, with only basic functions and senses, though he still recorded everything, including his first owners death at the hands of the zerg when the planet was attacked. He was later discovered by a passing salvage team after the planet had been 'purified' by the protoss. They took it upon themselves to improve his systems to be used as a sort of recon drone, more or less making him the bot he is today. A couple years and several owners later, he finds himself on the Denethor to be sold as scrap at the next scheduled stop by some guy that has identified himself as 'Conner'.

Important Info:Heavy Armor, fragile insides. Small arms fire does little damage, but explosives and extreme blunt force can heavily damage internals.Power Supply: Solar Powered, and Can last up to 48 terran hours without chargingGuass Rifle: Has enough ammo reserves to fire for 30 staight minutes before running out. Rifle starts in perfect condition.Hovers around, able to float up to 5 feet off the ground, and can fly at up to 15 mph.
    Edited by KnarledOne on 10/25/2012 1:13 PM PDT
    <Zarkun>
    Jake Hunter

Terran, Armor is painted red and blue, with the Jolly Rodger painted on both shoulders and a wolf on the visor, armor is also slimmed down to allow for extra mobility and movement range and has a small cannon on one shoulder. 6’ even, sun-tanned skin, skinny, but muscular, dark, almost black, hair, hazel eyes. Has a scar on his right eye from engaging a Hydralisk in hand-to-hand combat.

Calm and friendly, loves playing a game of cards. Loves making new friends, but his time since surviving the Outbreak has made him more cautious of enemies and more protective of friends and squad mates. Uses an Assault Plasma Rifle, Twin short swords that look like large trench knives, and a Scythe Pistol. Armor is outfitted to detect psionics, meaning cloaked foes are no longer a threat. Also has infrared and magnetic modes for his visor.

Initially enlisted with the Confederacy for benefits and assigned his own assault unit known as Sparta‘s Ghosts. Gained his nickname Slasher for his combat skills with blades. They were deployed to a derelict mining ship to rescue any survivors, and it was here he first encountered the Zerg. He was the only surviving member of his unit by the time he’d rallied the survivors together. Escaping to the frozen planet below, he and the other survivors fought off the Zerg until the enigmatic Protoss saved them. In the ensuing evacuation, he engaged a Hydralisk in CQC, and earned a scar for his victory. He vanished after escaping the planet, then resurfaced to become a security guard at New Folsom while helping the Raiders. Once that was done, he vanished again, planet hopping to avoid getting caught by the Dominion for helping with the breakout in New Folsom.

Intro post: I sit in the back, listening to the old Earth tunes I'd picked up on my travels. Once more I was leaving one planet for another. This was getting tedious. The man next to me noticed my custom CMC armor with it's special upgrades. "Hey, you a merc?" I look at the man and then back out the window. He tapped my shoulder. "Dude, are you a merc." I look at the man and sigh.

"Yes, I'm a--" That's when the ship started to rumble and shake. "What in the hell?" I stand up, only to get knocked to the ground.

[This is your pilot, everyone hold on!] There's one more giant shake, then the world goes dark.

(3 hours later)

I slowly come back around, my hand reaching for my rifle. "Hello? Is anyone else still alive?"
    Edited by Zarkun on 10/22/2012 5:17 PM PDT
    This sounds like a lot of fun, especially since SO is finishing up. However I'd like some more details like when this is taking place and whatnot.
    An RP like this? All that is irrelevant.
    Sorry for vanishing. Internet trouble.

The date doesn't factor in heavily because you're stranded on an uncharted planet (also this means dates can't exclude chars who die or are born at particular dates)... as for more details, they will come out. Once a few people have joined I will bring in more data, but for now I'll withhold as much as I can without making this incomprehensible (more mystery that way).

BUT if there is something you absitively posolutely HAVE to know, tell me and I'll come up with something as unspoilery as possible.
    <Warhawk>

Name: Stefan "Hawkeye" Alexander

Race: Terran with a zerg and/or protoss DNA infusion

Appearance: All black highly customized armor, think WoL campaign merc War Pigs (0-gee micro thrusters, cloaking field, bio-tech restorative nanites, micro matter converter) / 5' 11" / Compact magrail battle rifle / Twin magrail machine pistols / 18" vibro combat knife

Personality: A totally ruthless killer, and yet an utterly reliable friend and ally. He’s also extremely protective of the weak and innocent.

Backstory: Originally a Confederacy lieutenant, Stefan joined the Sons of Korhal. When the Dominion was formed, he worked his way up the ranks to captain. During a mission, Stefan awoke his previously inactive psychic potential. After the mission, he was dragged into the labyrinthine inner-workings of the Dominion’s ghost program. Due to the fact that Stefan; “Had not registered as a psychically enabled individual.” denied him to any sort of protection from unethical experimentation. Surprisingly, the experiments were largely successful, giving Stefan unparalleled capabilities. Despite the ‘benefits’ he had gained, Stefan began nurturing a deep hatred for the Dominion. During a massive explosion and power failure, he escaped and started hiring himself out as a contract mercenary. However, official Dominion records say there were no survivors.

Intro post: Why were you aboard the ship that crashed? What did you do during and immediately after the crash?
    (will get to this ASAP)
    Edited by Warhawk on 10/22/2012 11:33 PM PDT
    Characters approved. I may nerf them, but I will do so within the context of the storyline. I'll check back this evening and we'll probably start then.
    Hope you don't mind, but I thought I'd put Stefan on the same ship as Jake.
    You are anyways. We're all on the same transport.
    Well, it looks like we're starting with just you guys.

The ship crashes in a small valley. The valley is in the shelter of a large mountain, and due to the mountain's position is dark for most of the day.

CRUDE MAP:

O = mountain
    - = ground
    ~ = swamp
    V = ship
    C = river

OOOO----------------------CC-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO----------------------------
    OOOOO---------------------CC------OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-------------------------------
    OOOOOO--------------------CC-------OOOOOOOOOOO------------------------------------
    OOOOO------------------------CC------OOOOOOOOOOO-----------------------------------
    OOOO----------------------------CC------OOOOOOOO--------------------------------------
    ----------------------OOOOO------CCC-------------------------------~~~~~~~~~~~~--
    ---------------------OOOOOO---------CCC-------------------------~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    --------------------OOOOOOO-----V-----CCC---------------------~~~~~~~~~~~~~~--
    ----------------------OOOOO-----VVV---------CC-------------------~~~~~~~~~~~~---
    ~~~~~~~~----------OO-------VVVV---------CC------------------------~~~~~~~~-----
    ~~~~~~~~-------V-------------VVV---VV----CCC------------------------~~~~~~~------
    ~~~~~~~~~~---VV------------VV------------CCC-------------------------------------------
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~------------------------------CC-------------------------------------------
    ~~~~~~~---------------OO-------------------CC-------------------------------------------
    ---------------------------OOO----------------CC----------------------------------------------
    --------------------------OOOOO-----------CC------------------------------------------------
    -----------------------OOOOOOOOO----CC---------------------------------------------------
    IC:
    I slowly come to, and find myself in a large pile of assorted wreckage. Climbing free, I make a wide range radio broadcast;
    {Hello? did anyone else survive the crash?}
    I pick up the broadcast and sigh in relief. {Yeah, I did. Who's there?}
    IC:
    {This is Stefan. I'm most likely somewhere around where the private suites were. I don't think anyone with out armor would have survived the crash.}
    Deep within the mountain, something stirs. It feel something... someone new... Curious, it starts waking itself up.
    Name: The Voodoo Master
    Race: Troll
    Appearance: Green skinned, tall and looks like a troll from Warcraft.
    Backstory: Hailing from Azeroth, the Voodoo master somehow found himself in the Koprulu sector when a ritual went awry with the Blood God. He spent many years teaching the mystical Protoss his trade and in return, he has learned to master and combine psionic powers to his elemental powers. He is a much more powerful witch doctor in every sense.
    Personality: Troll

Intro:
    "Oh mon! I can't believe that I be alive from dat crash! Da spirits be pleased to know that new sacrifices be makin' their way soon!"
    This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]