Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
Just added a new update. Here are the patch notes:
- Added the Siege Tank as a playable unit!
- Lowered maximum game size to 4v4--this is a temporary change
- Buffed Roach Burrow and Ghost Cloak--dodgeballs being held no longer give away their position
- Changed Cloak ability from 20 second duration and cooldown of 45/35/25 to a cooldown of 30 seconds and duration of 14/21/28
- Dodgeballs that spawn in the middle of the map now have a much higher chance of being special
- Dodgeball spawn rates are determined by the number of players in the game
- Dodgeballs now spawn faster in the first two rounds
- Clone has been buffed from a 30 second cooldown to a 20 second cooldown
- Lowered Unit Pick and Upgrade Select Time from 60 seconds to 45
- Re-centered the Hero Select Screen, which was offset slightly and slowly driving me mad
Tell me what you think of the new unit!
Hey everone! Some good news--I finally put for the time and effort to figure out how to use Banks, which allows me to save player information between games. This means I can not only add a "stats" page that tracks your games won/lost/etc., but I can add unlockables!
This is where I need some opinions.
I want for this game to have lots of dodgeball-playing units to pick from (let's say ~24 is the goal). There are a couple ways to go about this.
1) All units are playable for all players.
2) All units have a "cost" requirement, ie the more you play/win, the more points you get, and you exchange those points to unlock more, newer units.
3) The "Achievement" system, where units are unlocked by accomplishing tasks (earn 10 kills in a single game to unlock the Tank, finish a game without dying a single time to unlock the Medic, accumulate 5 wins on the fire map to unlock the Hellion, etc.).
4) Other ideas.
What would be the most fun? And what would keep people playing the longest?
I worry that option (1) would be overload for new players. Going with options (2) or (3), I could have the harder-to-use units be unlocked with more effort so that new players don't end up with a unit they can't figure out how to control.
We also have to keep in mind how very easy it is to hack banks at the moment, so we have to avoid anything that could break the game.
Please share any thoughts or opinions!
I love the unlockables idea.
I'm sure people will "hack" their player bank, but it shouldn't matter, if they really want to go that route.
All units should have relatively the same power, whether it is unlockable or available to all by default.
I don't know how much more creative we can get with the stat upgrades between rounds, but having some unlockable upgrade purchases would be a nice addition, I believe.
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.