StarCraft® II

AMD Radeon™ HD 7870 2GB GDDR5

I´m buying a new computer and I honestly don´t know !@#$ about Video Cards, is this a good one? (it's the one that comes with the pc im planning to buy)
Edited by Lanzealot on 10/18/2012 5:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I am using this one and it works pretty darn well. Can play SC2 at max (with an i5 processor). I guess you could rate it at high platinum/low diamond (going by SC2 rankings lol)
Reply Quote
Just make sure a good CPU and power supply is paired up with this GPU.
Reply Quote
I actually have a question for Hibachi if he wouldn't mind.

I have a 2500k @3.8 Ghz and a Radeon 7870 that is factory OC'd (it's the Sapphire version), and I'm getting ~50 FPS in SCII in the later stages of the game in 1v1 (at maxed settings on 1920 x 1080 resolution). Is this slightly lower than where I should be at, or is this reasonable? I've heard that SCII is coded to work better with nVidia cards, but is 50 fps at 1920x1080 resolution reasonable (think 170 supply armies in a Terran vs. Zerg game, not quite the highest amount of stress, but a good amount of stuff is going on)?
Reply Quote
If you have anti-aliasing turned on, turn it off. SC II FPS tanks drastically with anti-aliasing turned on.
Reply Quote
Got the rest of the specs, just wanted to check them with you guys before going on and buying the thing.

-Intel® Core™ i7-3770 (8MB cache, 3.90Hz)
-16GB SDRAM DDR3 1600 MHz
-2TB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive + 32 Gb SSD with SRT
Reply Quote
What is the overall price of this PC?

What about the power supply?
Reply Quote
about 1200 bucks
with a 460-watt power supply
Reply Quote
460W power supply will not power an HD 7870.

$1200 is too expensive for this build.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]