StarCraft® II

[Showcase]Warcraft Model Library

---- Warcraft Model Library ----
www.sc2mapster.com/assets/warcraft-model-library

What is Warcraft Model Library?

• The Warcraft Model Library is a project with the intent to make creating Warcraft themed maps even easier. This library includes several Mod files that will be uploaded and updated on Battle.net for everyone to use. All you need to do to use these mods is download the mod file via the Sc2 Editor Dependencies Section (I will put a link or create a tutorial on how to do that later). Currently this library consists of DOODAD models only. However, I hope to add units and tree resource models soon.
  • If you decide to use any of these mods, I only ask that you give proper credits on the loading screen or in the map itself. In addition, anybody can add mod files or update current mod files by using the Warcraft Model Library site set up.
  • If you have any questions or would like to work with me more closely in making this project more robust, please contact me at Warcraft.ModelLibrary@gmail.com.
  • How to Use:

• Open up the Sc2 Editor and load your map.
  • Once loaded, go to File -> Dependencies and click the button that says: "Add Other".
  • A dialog will appear called "Choose Document". Click on the tab that says Battle.net (it's at the top left next to Local Files).
  • Make sure you are logged into your Battle.net account (click the log in button). Click on the Source dropdown menu and select Map/Mod Name.
  • There will be a search box right next to that. Type in: WC Library and click "Go".
    Select the mod you wish to add and click "OK".
  • Repeat these steps if you wish to add more than one mod (yes, you can do that!). After you're done adding mods, click "OK" and it will load the dependencies.
  • To use the doodads, go to the doodad pallet and search for (W) to filter all the Warcraft Models.
  • If models are too big/small, go into the data editor go to the models tab and search for the model you wish to change (sometimes this is easier by going to the ACTORS tab and then seeing which model is linked to the doodad you're wanting to change). Edit the Art Scale Maximum and Art Scale Minimum (make sure they're the same).
  • List of Mods: http://www.sc2mapster.com/assets/warcraft-model-library/files/

Want to Help?

This project is completely open source. Anyone can use these mods for any project. All I ask is for proper credits somewhere. This also means that anybody can help improve this project! Whether you'd like to help host a mod file, report bugs, update/improve existing mods, or even add your own model libraries to the mix, it is all encouraged. By helping with any of these things, you will receive proper credit and my tanks :)

Currently, we need help hosting all the model libraries. Because of the restrictions Blizzard has created, I alone cannot host every mod file. If you would like to Sponsor a Mod file, you will be given credit in the actual Mod name on Sc2 Mapster or any other Website with the mod.

I also would appreciate feedback on the Libraries themselves. Any activity and posting helps keep this project relevant.

If you would like to help, contact me here or at www.Warcraft.ModelLibraries@gmail.com
    Reply Quote
    List of Mods:

• Azuremyst Library
  • There are currently 36 models in this mod map. (None are enhanced with embedded normal maps)
  • Barrens Library
  • There are currently 116 models in this library. (None are enhanced with embedded normal maps)
  • Blood Elf Library
  • There are currently 109 models in this library. (None are enhanced with embedded normal maps)
  • Forest Library
  • There are currently 146 models in this library. (None are enhanced with embedded normal maps)
  • Mists of Pandaria Library
  • There are currently 579!!! models in this library. (None are enhanced with embedded normal maps)
  • Moonglade Library
  • There are currently 36 models in this library. ALSO CONTAINS A GROUND TEXTURE SET! (None are enhanced with embedded normal maps)
  • Night Elf Library
  • There are currently 88 models in this library. ALSO CONTAINS A GROUND TEXTURE SET! (None are enhanced with embedded normal maps)
  • Northrend Library
  • There are currently 151 models in this library. (Some are enhanced with embedded normal maps)
  • Orc and Troll Library
  • There are currently 70 models in this library. (None are enhanced with embedded normal maps)
  • Pandaria Library
  • There are currently 74 models in this library. (None are enhanced with embedded normal maps)
  • Tirisfal Ghostlands Library
  • There are currently 229 models in this library. (None are enhanced with embedded normal maps)
  • Uldum Library
  • There are currently 120 models in this library. (None are enhanced with embedded normal maps)
  • Edited by Terminator on 10/23/2012 8:16 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    reserved - thank you and please give me your feedback on this project!
    Edited by Terminator on 10/23/2012 8:17 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    Did you still want the naval system? I'll help you with it if you still want it.
    Reply Quote
    Yes please! Sorry I never got back, been busy and unorganized as usual.
    Reply Quote
    wow, thanks, this is really helpful, i will make sure i will put in credits :D
    BTW, i am working on a TD map
    Reply Quote
    Post the mods on ba.com and I'll get them used on a few maps. Worth trying at this point.
    Reply Quote
    I wish they came with attack sounds :(
    Reply Quote
    10/24/2012 11:05 AMPosted by Nunu
    I wish they came with attack sounds :(

Wish what came with attack sounds?
    Reply Quote
    I like how all these custom and ported assets have not received a single blue post.

Just come out and admit that the art tools are HotS only Blizz its ok we already know. Granted not a single copy of HotS will be sold because of the Art Tools and all you are doing is pissing people off but keep it up!

He quick fact: Some people bought StarCraft 2 just to make custom models - not play the game. These people are called "professional cg artists". They agreed to pay $60 USD (NA) and $80 USD (EU) just to make custom models. No matter. Now you are going to tack on another $40 USD.

Essentially you are telling these guys they need to pay 100 bucks (if you are lucky and live in North America) just to make custom models that they will never make money off of.

Can anyone see the problem here? I'm sure Blizzard can't.
    Reply Quote
    hey FockeWulf, when do you wanna talk about your naval system? Lemme know either in Skype or here.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]