start fact-starport as soon as finished
take 3rd gas start combat shield start engi bay
+1 weapons
2 medivacs
2 reactors
conccussion shell and marauder production
take 3rd by 8:40
Lightly pressure
3 more rax and then its all up to reacting to what he is doing.

ew no +1 at medivac timing

What don't you like about having +1?
Reply Quote

ew no +1 at medivac timing

you misunderstand me XD

normally the gas progression is
25 techlab
100 stim
100 +1 attack
100 factory
75-100 addons 2/3
100 4 marauders
200 medis
100 shields
100 +1 armor

if you do it like you say you do, you start combat shields after factory and starport and then after that start +1 attack, this makes it so you dont have +1 at the 10 min medi push which was what i meant xXD
Reply Quote
Standard one Barracks FE.

10 Depot.
12 Barracks.
CC at my natural at roughly 3:10.
Two Barracks.
Bunker at natural.
Two Gas.
Techlab>Stim>Combat Shield.
Engineering Bay>+1 Attack.
Refinery at 6:30.
Factory>Starport with Reactor.
Two addons for Barracks, either Techlab plus Reactor or two Reactors.
CC at roughly 10:00.
Two Barracks>addons depending on what addons I already have; two Reactors if I already have two Techlabs, a Reactor and a Techlab if I already have two Reactors.
Another Engineering Bay and an Armory.
Fourth, Fifth, and Sixth Gas.
Add on more Barracks and Starports as needed.
CC at roughly 14:00 or whenever I have money.
Reply Quote

you misunderstand me XD

normally the gas progression is
25 techlab
100 stim
100 +1 attack
100 factory
75-100 addons 2/3
100 4 marauders
200 medis
100 shields
100 +1 armor

if you do it like you say you do, you start combat shields after factory and starport and then after that start +1 attack, this makes it so you dont have +1 at the 10 min medi push which was what i meant xXD

Yes, agreed, but I get the earliest possible third that ive seen while still being safe and doing drop play. Its a more middle of the road build, im not as agressive as your build but im also not getting 3cc before first gas.
Reply Quote
just make three starports banshees ravens and vikings, mash together some marines and marauders for some kinda ground army and... attack harrass and expand lol air terran vs toss is very good once youre up and running... make ghosts if they try to use templar, plus most low level toss just make stalkers in response to mass air.. in this case make just maruaders along with ravens for pdd and cloaked banshees and you will absolutely mop the floor with 90 percent of toss players
Reply Quote
10/25/2012 06:21 PMPosted by BlackDeath
1 rax fe

take economic risks, match them on gas, match them on upgrades.

Changes every game.

I'm not a "concepts" kinda guy, more of a "i really like builds and clean things" kind of guy. can you elaborate on what you mean by this a little bit? you say your decisions change every game and while i'm probably not that flexible i think i can make small planned adaptations to my builds to work in some of those differences

can you both link replays XD? they dont have to be good/entertaining or w/e. just wanting to see how others are playing this right now
Reply Quote
I use a two diffrent 1 base builds they are simple and easy to pull off wins games quickly, as Terran we have an advantage in the early/midgame and I like to exploit that because lets face It I can't macro like a boss and hate trying to deal with colo and stroms,

The 3 rax, poke out at 35 supply about 5 mainres 1 marauder(goal is to force units and forcefields) important not to lose troops, the timing came about because I used to supply block my self then, when you move out for this poked you build your factory, on your way home build your starport and add reactor onto factory to be swaped to starport. Move out for another poke with first 2 medivac, add on two rax during this poke/no addons and double eBay come back and hit with 11 and 6 medivac because of all the poking most Protoss have build a lot of gateway units and you have delayed tech.

Also I do a 1 base 3 Thor 3 open rax scv all in with plus armor moves out when your starting +2 armor on Thor. Pull about half scvs to continue marine and Thor production any extra mins add more rax.
Reply Quote
1 rax FE into losing my marines to 1 zealot.

or

1 rax FE into wtf how did protoss units get into my main?

or

1 rax FE into 4 stalkers killing my bunker and all my marines.

or

1 rax FE into maybe I should see if he has an exp- oh !@#$ some sort of protoss all-in oh well gg.

or

1 rax FE into 3 rax medivac 10:30 push (make that 11:30 because I'm bad) into doing no damage into failing to secure a third into losing to a protoss deathball because I built viikings and he switched to HTs.

=(
Reply Quote
Thanks for the input, guys. Helped a lot.
Reply Quote
1-1-1 to double rax push 10 minutes

It includes a lot of diversity and can tackle most armies. Strong push and hard to counter
Reply Quote
I learned a pretty good build from EGDemuslim

-Standard 1rax gasless fast expand

-At around 4:00, you should throw down a second rax (and a bunker)

-Without cutting scv and marine production, build gas as fast as possible

-When your second rax is finished, put a tech lab on it, and put a reactor on the other rax

- Start stim asap, and throw down a engineering bay at the same time (be building marauders and marines throughout rest of build)

-@ 100 gas, build factory and another gas at natural

-@ 100 gas, start +1 attack

-When factory is complete, start starport, and a reactor on factory (to switch later)

-When starport is complete, move onto new reactor. Fly factory in the direction of the toss's third. Start making medivacs two at a time

-Throw down 3 more rax (ultimately, two of these will have tech labs, one will have a reactor)

- As you move out, your stim and +1 will finish. Without cutting unit production, start +1 shields and combat shields asap (followed by marauder slow)

This is just a basic build, and should be altered as needed by your scouting information. If you suspect dt's, you'll have the engineering bay with plenty of time to throw down a turret.

You should build 3-4 supply depots in front of your bunker. This all but nullifies zealots in the event of an all-in or 3 gate pressure.

If he has colossus out by the time you reach his base (which is fairly often), return home and throw down a second starport and begin viking production 3x.

Once you have ~9-10 vikings and +1+1 completed, you should be able to trade efficiently while taking a third.

If you scout high templar, throw down a ghost academy and turtle up for the late game.

Good luck!
Reply Quote
I go CC first and then 6 rax. This is LostShadow's TvP build. I modified it though so it isn't as vulnerable to 3 gate blink stalker all-ins. You get 5 raxes instead and use the money for what was supposed to be your 4th Barracks on 2 refineries. Get 2 tech labs ASAP and pump out Marauders + Slow. Bunker at the front and one in your main.

If he did go for blink stalker then he can't really do anything.

If he went fast expand then you can just a move into his base.

It's kind of hard to stop and I don't really know the weaknesses of this build yet or any reactionary changes that I should do. But for now it seems that it's pretty solid...

Edit: I learned LostShadow's 6rax from a Day[9] Daily. Also if he got a lot of sentries and you see that, then just back the hell up and get some Medivacs and drop in his main + attack at the front.
Edited by Physicx on 11/1/2012 11:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1rax fe
2 more barracks
refinery 1
bunker
refinery 2
+1
3 medivacs
3rd CC
add raxes 4-9ish

Bunker seems pretty late. Does it really prevent a chrono'd stalker from making your day a sour one?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]