StarCraft® II

Color selection on the ladder: BLUE RESPONDS

10/25/2012 06:51 PMPosted by EugeneTwo
Rand can never land exactly on 0, and because of that, the minimum value you can have is 1.

Technically there's a 1/2^52 chance in double precision. If all 4.5 million people who bought SC2 played 2 billion games, it would be expected to happen once. Gotta account for that !@#$.
Reply Quote
I laughed because it seems to me implementing more player options/choice is never a bad thing. Most will choose when given a choice.
Reply Quote
I think this could also work well with their leveling system by unlocking colors you can play as you level up. This is a more interesting way to show off during the game and adds an interesting option where the highest level person gets their choice of color first.
Reply Quote
10/26/2012 06:54 AMPosted by Flare
I think this could also work well with their leveling system by unlocking colors you can play as you level up. This is a more interesting way to show off during the game and adds an interesting option where the highest level person gets their choice of color first.

thats a REALLY good idea...
i've quoted it and placed it in the HotS thread
Edited by wawacrates on 10/26/2012 7:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
thats a REALLY good idea...
i've quoted it and placed it in the HotS thread

I hope your thread works. This change doesn't have to affect any other changes. You could get a team to spend a little extra time if that is actually what it takes. I can only guess on how complicated the game system is, but you already see the ease of switching the colors previewed on your screen with changing default to red/green. Plus custom games have this option added in quite easily. LOL is able to display your characters skin easily as well. If this did take away from other options then maybe I see their point, but I doubt it would even extend the beta just add some extra work for one the programmers.
Edited by Flare on 10/26/2012 7:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
from this thread, i can see how stupid people can really get to.....
Reply Quote
switch Player1colour
case 1
Player1colour == 'red'
case 2
Player1colour == 'blue'
case 3
Player1colour == 'teal'

For this wouldn't it be easier to just be easier to use the color as a int instead of using a string of characters
#define red 1
#define blue 2
etc
Reply Quote
10/25/2012 07:26 PMPosted by HeReTiC
Ridiculous. Customer service at its finest.

Yeah, no kidding. I wouldn't describe that quote as anything less than outrageous. It strikes me as not only condescending, but clueless as to how the game works and absolutely out of touch.
Reply Quote
10/26/2012 08:00 AMPosted by XxXxX
from this thread, i can see how stupid people can really get to.....

From you lack of capitalization and grammatically incomplete sentence, I can see how stupid you can really get to........................................................................................derp..............................
Reply Quote
All I see is a blue asking why you want this, and everyone freaking out.

This is why they don't respond to your ideas normally.
Reply Quote

Partly, I try to look at it from rocks point of view.

"We are working on developing a game with many ways to pull players in, reward them to play and give them many reasons to play". (my attempt to think from their side).

That is how you sell a game and maintain a player base.

Then look at features to attempt to draw casual into active players. Rewards for just playing the game, Unranked ladder so folks don't feel bad for not having Masters in profile, SC2 dota, etc.

Now this color idea, while quaint and interesting. Ken doll additions would probably help sell the sims, is it really going to help sell SC2?

"oh look mommie marines can hold bannana's I got to have it".
Reply Quote
10/25/2012 06:57 PMPosted by xSPHxJarJar
I support implementing this feature, mainly because it must suck to be red/green color blind and play ladder...

It is exceedingly rare, if not impossible, to be both red/green colorblind and red/blue colorblind. Since you can switch between these two color combinations in-game, what's the problem?
Reply Quote

No he said the idea is worthless then patronized everyone saying go ahead and convince me. If we can't convince them that the infestor is poorly designed, then I don't think he is going to be convinced.
Reply Quote
i cannot be yellow on ladder
that's all that matters right now
i'm glad blizzard views our ideal as trivial,w hen they spend precious programming time developing retarded units like the widow mine and dances for new units that are too crappy to even be released, lol

plz l2p blizz
Reply Quote
I want stronger team colours, but this would be cool too.
Reply Quote
No he said the idea is worthless then patronized everyone saying go ahead and convince me. If we can't convince them that the infestor is poorly designed, then I don't think he is going to be convinced.

We clearly read different posts. Here I thought he said "We have a million things to do, why is this one in particular one we should prioritize?"
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]