StarCraft® II

Not a QQ thread but need advice on TvZ

Usually with TvZ I do a 1rax FE and I almost always hold the initial baneling bust with a rax wall and 2 bunkers which does a nice job. Afterwards I go heavy blue hellion with a small bio ball too and that works up until they get like infestors and gglords.

I just can't win vs zerg as terran. Do I need to make like 20 vikings? And honestly i watch replays and I never have a shock and awe moment of "oh that zerg definitely outplayed me" its just a simple unit comp they build that will crush my gold league terran everytime. Yes i'm in silver league but I would consider myself a gold player cause my micro, macro and apm are better than most silvers.

I'm a dedicated terran and i would rather learn to effectively beat zergs, even if it does require me to play at a much higher skill than them. The more gosu the merrier right? Or maybe it's the more gosu the more aneurysms >.< aha.
Reply Quote
Yes i'm in silver league but I would consider myself a gold player cause my micro, macro and apm are better than most silvers.

Stop thinking like that, for a start.

Secondly, stop calling brood lords "gglords". It's the infestors that are the strong part of brood/infestor.

To win the late game battles against brood/infestor/corruptor, you should get a ton of vikings, but also get a couple of ravens for PDD. Spread your stuff out so it can't get fungaled to death to easily, and you should be alright.

If you really want help with TvZ, you should post a help thread in the SC2 Strategy section of teamliquid.net
Reply Quote
To get from silver to gold, you really don't need to worry about Strategy or Micro really. What you really need to work on is Macro. To receive help on specific spots of your game play, please provide a replay. Otherwise, we really can't help you. Also, any sort of 10 minute timing push like MMM, MMM + Hellions, etc. can just straight up kill zergs when well executed. (Until that plat-diamond mark where people know how to defend pushes)
Edited by TheLeet on 11/2/2012 3:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
11/02/2012 01:25 PMPosted by JDub
If you really want help with TvZ, you should post a help thread in the SC2 Strategy section of teamliquid.net
You do need to read the guidelines, though. Posting a replay with a short description of the game, of what you think went wrong and what you think you're having trouble dealing with is the core of it.

I can't help you unless you post a replay, either.
Edited by Fencar on 11/2/2012 4:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]