StarCraft® II

SC2 Tournament in Vancouver BC, Canada

Hello world of Battle.net!

I am posting here today to gather information on how much interest there would be in holding a SC2 tournament in Vancouver Canada.

*the event has been confirmed thank you for your emails of interest!!! *
*Casting staff has been announced on our FB page*

THE DATE HAS BEEN SET TO JANUARY 6 2013 at EXP Bar + Restaurant Vancouver BC

Pre Registration is Now OPEN! http://www.facebook.com/VancouverPwnagePromotions

Please visit out facebook page for more information!

Tournament Format for Vancouver Starcraft II Open:

Divisions Will be as follows:

Division A - Bronze to Gold
Division B - Platinum to Diamond
Division C - Masters to Grand Masters

Your division placement will be determined by your Highest league placement on the battle.net Ladder. No exceptions. This has been put in place to make a fair event for all.

All players must play as the race they sign up as. Playing as Random will result in disqualification.

Matches will be Single Elimination up until the Semi-Finals, in which it will then become best of three.
The Finals for Divisions A and B will continue to be Best of 3.
Division C Finals will be Best of 7.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

This event will be "B.Y.O.C" (bring your own computer).
Lap Tops will be the Preferred PC to bring as it is easier to move from station to station during the tournament. If you plan on bringing a Desktop PC you must PRE REGISTER and let us know you are bringing a desktop computer so we can assign you a station.

Any Un-Sportsman like conduct will result in disqualification as well as removal from the event.
Involved with this venture are persons well versed in tournament set up and administration. We believe we can make this tournament a very enjoyable experience for both Competitors and Spectators!

We are always open to suggestions feel free to post here or email us at
Info@vancouverpwnage.com

Thank you for your interest in this post and lets make this happen for Vancouver!

*** UPDATE ***

http://www.facebook.com/VancouverPwnagePromotions
Edited by Jimmeh on 11/29/2012 11:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
** Addition **

When we do set our date and start pre-registration all competitors will be required to when checking in to log into your Starcraft2 account so we can verify your ladder and league for the competition.
Reply Quote
Hey man!

Hit me up on SC @ VanSCalucarD#928

And maybe I can help you out!

fyi maybe on either HotS or D3 if I'm afk in sc2 wol
Reply Quote
hi.

Might I ask, who's running this tournament(as in, which organization or group)?
Reply Quote
We are a new Promotions company that love gaming. This will be our first event to kick off! we have a great venue that will be listed within a week or two upon confirmation of dates. We plan on making this a great event for every one! We plan on not doing just star craft tournaments we will be promoting many blizzard games for competition for those who are interested.
Reply Quote
And VanSC I sent you a request in game. hopefully you will be able to help out with the local community with this event.
Reply Quote
i know me and and 4 ohter guys from down here will join
Reply Quote
Sarai if you wish you can send us a message on our facebook page. its Vancouver Pwnage Promotions. We are the group putting on the event. thank you for your interest
Reply Quote
Got your request and good chat!

I'll let people know!

GL on getting everything set up, and I'll certainly help spread the word once you've got your dates and venues all set in stone!

Go go eSports!
Reply Quote
11/05/2012 05:57 PMPosted by Jimmeh
We are a new Promotions company that love gaming. This will be our first event to kick off! we have a great venue that will be listed within a week or two upon confirmation of dates. We plan on making this a great event for every one! We plan on not doing just star craft tournaments we will be promoting many blizzard games for competition for those who are interested.

oh good, this is interesting, I will check you guys out.
Reply Quote
Update Posted in top of thread
Reply Quote
EVENT UPDATE!!!!!

Event Venue is confirmed!!! It will be hosted at EXP Bar in Vancouver British Columbia Canada January 6th 2013!!!
Reply Quote
Great location!

Can't wait for the event!
Reply Quote
Updated. Pre registration now open!
Reply Quote
New Update! casters announced on our web page and facebook!
Reply Quote
Prize pool to be announced soon
Reply Quote
Prize pool announced now on our web page
Reply Quote
WHAT!!! This Is Awesome!!

EXP EXP EXP!!

Is there a in house exp reward for participating??
Reply Quote
WHAT!!! This Is Awesome!!

EXP EXP EXP!!

Is there a in house exp reward for participating??

We are working on that. more details about that will be released around the middle of December. this all depends on how many people we have attending. So sign up and come enjoy a day of SC and a wicked after party with Mr.Bitter as our special guest!
Reply Quote
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=386649

For up to date info or www.vancouverpwnage.com
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]