StarCraft® II

Joey Rays Bar Website & next age RP

- Technical Support
I've spoken with Zarkun, and he told me to show the alpha build. It's coming along smoothly, but I've still got work to do.

The plan is (at the moment) that when the site is finished, everyone willing will create a new Email, and will be able to join a group. That group will be allowed to upload media, chat, view the database, so on and so forth. This allows you to use an Email that is not your personal one. The Email you create does not have to be used after the initial log in, but remember your password, as you are the only one who will know it. At the moment, the Email you create should not be used for anything but logging into the site when necessary. Do NOT Email anyone else with it, with the exception of members. Do not use it to sign up for ANYTHING. This makes is so that the Email is safe & secure, and so that you don't need to worry about another Email account.

At this moment PLEASE do NOT create the said Email, an official Email tag will be created after the site is finished. Also, you are required to use Gmail for this Email account.

Note, this is in Alpha the plan might change.

Check out the first build.
https://sites.google.com/site/joeyraysbarwebsite/

Thoughts, feedback, ideas?

This topic will not leave this thread.
Edited by Duke on 11/7/2012 11:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
- Technical Support

I had an idea, you know how we have these fictional battles. Well, to better incorporate SC into our loves, why not make simple maps with the correct units, players, and observes.
Edited by Duke on 11/7/2012 11:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
I flattered you made me the manager. I will have to help huh. Well, I can't say much as of this moment, but I do want you to make sure that Blizzard is okay with this not that they will answer you. I assume that it'll be fine and that they won't take down the site since they are usually cool about that kind of thing. Make sure to include a link to DA chatrooms we have for starcraft. There is a main one made by Zanon and my secondary bar.

OOC:
11/07/2012 11:50 AMPosted by Duke
I had an idea, you know how we have these fictional battles. Well, to better incorporate SC into our loves, why not make simple maps with the correct units, players, and observes.

I have had that idea, but the maps that I make just screw with my mind. I'm a little too detailed. You have to share the map with others and I don't know how to do that. If you can figure that out okay.
Edited by Thecommander on 11/7/2012 11:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
I have an idea? Why not name the site something related to us bar mates as a whole instead of the actual Joeyray's Bar? This would be original...almost like a team, which we could also create...and we could make that into a story/RP site and expand and etc.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
11/07/2012 11:57 AMPosted by CrymsonRaven
I have an idea? Why not name the site something related to us bar mates as a whole instead of the actual Joeyray's Bar? This would be original...almost like a team, which we could also create...and we could make that into a story/RP site and expand and etc.

When we do beta testing (lol) I'll be sure to try some of your suggestions, but lets think about completing the frame of the site first.

EDID: If we expand it, we will have to add a privacy policy.

@TC
I suspect Blizz will be ok. I'll ask, you see, I'm on a first name basis with one of the Forum support guys.

And, I'll be sure to add likes to places like that.

Oh, and I could make thoes maps, or teach people how to with a couple vids, I'm an intermediate mapper myself.
Edited by Duke on 11/7/2012 12:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
Nukester... You make websites?
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
11/07/2012 12:07 PMPosted by Nukester
Hey, what kind of effect would it have over here, on the forums???

Aside from the obvious...

1, We will probably need to put up some sort of sticky.
2, the "initiation" as they call it, will include an invitation to participate on the site, along with detailed instructions how.
3, Votes for certain parts of the site.
Reply Quote
I like what I see so far. Can't wait to see the evolution process.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
11/07/2012 12:12 PMPosted by Nukester
Well, on occasion I've made a few.

You might be able to help me, if you promise to be good.

Also, I have an Arcade website, I could add a link to it on the site, for recreational purposes.

Here's the link to my arcade.
http://crimsonarcade.weebly.com/
Edited by Duke on 11/7/2012 12:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 12:11 PMPosted by Duke
1, We will probably need to put up some sort of sticky.

Good luck. They never sticky anything of ours.
Well, on occasion I've made a few.
Nothing big, most of them for personal use, like my own personal and pimped out homepage.

I do ok making them, making look professional, now that's the charm.

What do you use them for?
Reply Quote
- Technical Support

I'll give a brief explanation.

For a living, I used to be a tech support guy (my first job)
then I was promoted to Computer lab Administrator. I don't have very long work hours, becasue I can do most of it at home (now that I manage the tech support & programmers in that lab) so, I don't actually do that much hard work.

With my free time, I make sites, read computer magazines, do work for bonus, do these forums, and other normal person stuff.
Edited by Duke on 11/7/2012 12:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
Huh, interesting Duke. Do you have a computer programming degree?
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
I have a programming degree in specifically HTML, the internet greatest language.
I graduated from MIT with a bachelors degree in said.

I'm not that old, I was able to skip the last year of high-school, and get right into MIT.
Edited by Duke on 11/7/2012 12:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 12:39 PMPosted by Duke
HTML, the internet greatest language

Some other computer programmer's may argue that point, but I could be wrong.

To Nuke: How did you learn to make websites? And is that online storage your emergency memory card? You just put everything from your computer on the internet?
Reply Quote
I make websites, though not with Google Sites.
Reply Quote
What are yours for?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]