StarCraft® II

Company of Brothers

Introduction

A man clad in black had arrived into a room full of recruits. Some were eager, others didn't want to be here, some wanted to discover, but they couldn't know about the project just yet. For it wasn't kept secret for a reason. A medical station was quickly set up, with personnel to examine the recruits, looking for any abnormalities, and asking questions.

Each recruit stepped forward as each doctor looked them over, they started to ask basic questions.

[Name, age, gender] "Who are you, and what is your age?" The doctors had their clipboards out. After asking the recruits these questions, they went to the next step. That was when they went to a closer examination.
[Appearance] Eye color, hair color, build, appearance. This was all for future reference. They were then measured for their height and weight. This was to make sure they were fitted in the correct gear.

[Backstory and previous job before joining] The recruits were then tasked to take a simple test to learn about some of their skills and traits, this was to figure out how they would be paired with others. They also had to give a brief history of their life, ranging from experience to almost anything. As long as it was beneficial to hear about.

The recruits that passed were now sitting near a table, the ones that passed were also given the rank of Private. As these individuals were all new to the military.

=========

Don't worry about the story plot so far, for this is an introductory and it's supposed to expand as we go on. Everyone will start out with some simple military gear, for you all will be keeping track of your own equipment. Which means it's also your duty to get new equipment like armor and gadgets later.

You have to be Terran.

And you have a chance to promote, of course.
Edited by CrymsonRaven on 11/16/2012 8:10 AM PST
-OFFICERS-

<CrymsonRaven>
Name: Commander, Lt. Monroe
Appearance: 5' 11", Hazel eyes, dark brown hair, muscular build, stocky.
Backstory: Was with the program for his third year, he is now a Lieutenant as well as the Commander for this division. Before he joined he was a simple farmer growing up as a child. He was kidnapped at the age of 13, not even having the skills and experience as the others. But that was his strength, for it proved the others wrong when it came to the 'tests'.

-RECRUITS-

<Zarkun>
Name: Joey Carta
Appearance: Six foot five, brown eyes, silver hair, thin, muscular build
Backstory: Joey worked as a mercenary before hearing about the project, and when he wasn't on contract, he enjoyed hunting. Because of this, he's become both adept and lethal with rifles, pistols and knives.

<Jester>
Name: Marcy Alvery
Appearance: 5' 11", hazel eyes, black hair, medium build
Backstory: Marcy was a Dominion Marine, before she was taken. She had significant aptitude to close-quarters combat, often using anything ranging from knives to shotguns to flamethrowers. She has a nasty attitude pretty much anyone, but her attitude is less when she is with a squad or fireteam.

<KnarledOne>
Name: Rhyst Thyke.
Appearance: 5'10", green eyes, blond hair, skinny.
Backstory: Spent a good deal of his early life on the run to avoid the Ghost Program. He tried to use his psionic abilities to start a gang, but the Program caught up to him. However, during his capture he suffered brain damage, minimizing his psionic powers and his value to the Ghost Program. He was mind-wiped and encouraged to join the military. There are a few gaps in his memory.

<Dacder>
Name: Ben Quill
Appearance: 6'0, 175 pounds, lean build, long black hair, light blue eyes.
Backstory: Unknown, (DUH DUH DUHHHHH). Seriously though, he passed out and has amnesia.

<Warhawk>

Name: Stefan (the Coldblooded)
Appearance: about 5' 6", lean, with ice blue eyes.
Backstory: Killer for hire.

<Smylez>
Kevin Spacey
Male
5' 11" 180lb
Korhal civilian drafted into the military. Not exactly pleased but will make the best of the situation. Previous occupation was a miner. No special skills in any military training. Complete novice.

<Fencar>
Name: Fencar
Appearance: 6'6", brown eyes, auburn hair, broad shoulders, large chest.
Back story: Ghost program reject. Has aversion to Psionics or 'magic' of any kind. After being rejected, I went to mercenary work as I didn't want to be re-socialized. I'm a pretty good shot, okay CQC, good at 'mechanics', for lack of a better description.

<Vasana>
Name, age, gender: Daris McGill, Age 35, Male

Apperance: He shaves his head daily if he has a chance, if he isn't able to shave a nice orange fluff will start to spurt out disabling the drawing capabilities of his cranium. He stands above the average man at 6’2 with his dark green eyes, He generally wears a jumpsuit under whatever uniform he is given unless the uniform requires a different one, but refuses to give up his fingerless gloves unless forced to enter a powered suit. He has a average build of not to muscular, but not too fat.

Backstory and Previous jobs: Daris started life on a space platform orbiting a fringe world, Being the hub of spacecraft in dire need of repairs he was soon taken in by someone who was smart enough to take him as an assistant.

At the age of twelve quickly learned the man's trade of mechanics and for the next seven years he worked with the man almost forgetting he had a family at his “Home”. As a result of this he and his family grew distant from each other and acted as if neither existed.

When he turned nineteen he was dead set to explore the world below him and aide it with his adept skill in Mechanics. When he arrived he quickly seized a job as a mechanic for the colonial militia. For five years he worked repairing all sorts of things from the rare siege tank to the common powered armour suite, In his free time he took spare parts and made anything from makeshift weapons to MULE bots.

One day he was offered a much better job of being the replacement of a Hellion driver. He quickly accepted the job and fell in love of it instantly. Finding how painful it could be to drive with the all too common hand blisters he donned some fingerless gloves to reduce the pain as he drove on for the next ten years, as well as repairing his beloved machine. Once he turned thirty-four he retired from the militia and returned to the space platform to take his experiences and Hellion where it would be of some use than keeping colonists in line or getting the stray mutalisk in check.

He eventually was contacted by a shady looking person who had “Found out” he was looking for some sort of job, or anything for a matter, He was told of some.... Project, Nothing else was much said about it. He reluctantly signed up hoping on the inside that he would be available to put his hellion experience and mechanic experience to some useage.
Edited by CrymsonRaven on 11/20/2012 4:54 PM PST
Name: Joey Carta
Appearance: Six foot five, brown eyes, silver hair, thin, muscular build
Backstory: Joey worked as a mercenary before hearing about the project, and when he wasn't on contract, he enjoyed hunting. Because of this, he's become both adept and lethal with rifles, pistols and knives.
Name: Samantha Killgore
Race: Human (Human, not Terran)
Appearance: (http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&safe=off&tbo=d&biw=1280&bih=675&tbm=isch&tbnid=HbpAljRL88ObpM:&imgrefurl=http://www.top20lists.com/2010/12/top-10-female-spies-on-tv-and-in-movies.html&docid=RL-zW_alGH8YPM&imgurl=http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_BEogiLoYMCk/TRxiRW7gRfI/AAAAAAAACrQ/kDNLyPLDeX4/s1600/girl-spy-7.jpg&w=540&h=325&ei=50akUKPXN9Kr2AXyl4GoDA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=338&vpy=166&dur=3237&hovh=174&hovw=290&tx=173&ty=98&sig=103838104945349911409&page=1&tbnh=147&tbnw=245&start=0&ndsp=33&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:0,i:77)
Backstory: She is a flirty Separatist who is a master at disguise, parkour and CQC. She works as a spy, mercenary or bounty hunter for different organizations.
Edited by MarkusDaWise on 11/14/2012 5:38 PM PST
Name: Marcy Alvery
Appearance: 5' 11", hazel eyes, black hair, medium build
Backstory: Marcy was a Dominion Marine, before she was taken. She had significant aptitude to close-quarters combat, often using anything ranging from knives to shotguns to flamethrowers. She has a nasty attitude pretty much anyone, but her attitude is less when she is with a squad or fireteam.
Name: Rhyst Thyke.
Appearance: 5'10", green eyes, blond hair, skinny.
Backstory: Spent a good deal of his early life on the run to avoid the Ghost Program. He tried to use his psionic abilities to start a gang, but the Program caught up to him. However, during his capture he suffered brain damage, minimizing his psionic powers and his value to the Ghost Program. He was mind-wiped and encouraged to join the military. There are a few gaps in his memory.
Name: Ben Quill
Appearance: 6'0, 175 pounds, lean build, long black hair, light blue eyes.
Backstory: Unknown, (DUH DUH DUHHHHH). Seriously though, he passed out and has amnesia.
Edited by Dacder on 11/14/2012 3:23 PM PST
Name: Stefan (the Coldblooded) <- nickname/"title" if that's ok.
Appearance: about 5' 6", lean, with ice blue eyes.
Backstory: Killer for hire.
Edited by Warhawk on 11/14/2012 4:47 PM PST
All my characters have backstories already, so I dont want this to change my characters too much, will it?
Depends...if you are worried, then maybe you should create a new character Markus?
Don't limit yourself. Explore possibilities.
Kevin Spacey
Male
5' 11" 180lb
Korhal civilian drafted into the military. Not exactly pleased but will make the best of the situation. Previous occupation was a miner. No special skills in any military training. Complete novice.
I'm going to start tomorrow, so far everyone has been accepted. So if you don't see your character in the list...that means I'm to lazy and I haven't done it yet.

So if you want, your characters can interact until we truly start. Get to know each other, or maybe ask questions about what's going on.
11/14/2012 04:30 PMPosted by CrymsonRaven
Depends...if you are worried, then maybe you should create a new character Markus?

Just assure me you wont change the characters back story and I'll use the characters I want to use, otherwise I will use a throw away character.
Dude...you are no fun...and you shouldn't be afraid to get something dirty on your character's history. This is some secret !@#$. I guess you can use a previous character, as long as you aren't afraid to get a little reckless instead of playing it safe all the time.
Mark, I think it's best if you don't use your namesake character, seeing how you have a detailed (and fairly specific) history for him.
Can we begin RPing what we're doing at the table? Our chars could get to know each other.
Yes, CR already approved that...

11/14/2012 04:43 PMPosted by CrymsonRaven
So if you want, your characters can interact until we truly start. Get to know each other, or maybe ask questions about what's going on.
Oh, OK.

Thyke looks around at the others. "So... anyone else think doctor number three was a little weird?"
IC:
Stefan shrugs, seemingly indifferent and continues to intently study the other group members.
Edited by Warhawk on 11/14/2012 5:34 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]