StarCraft® II

[Showcase]Thinking about making all my maps unprotected

(Locked)

I've gone through 2 years of what has become known as "Blizzard Bull!@#$" and I've had enough. I've gotten involved in other things.

However for the sake of the community I am considering releasing the maps I have made unprotected and public.

Here is a list of what they are and what is in them:

Fate of the Empire:
-Has the first working example of the StarCraft 2 Naval System.
-Special unit selection system.
-Diplomacy UI (Includes Blizzard Bugs I have not been able to remove)
-"Generic Destroyer" (boat) custom model (made by me)
-"Generic Battleship (boat) custom model (made by me)
-"Generic Light Cruiser" (boat) custom model (made by me)
-"Gato Class Submarine" (boat) custom model (made by me)
-"Stug III Tank Destroyer/SP Assault Gun" (tank) custom model (made by me)
-"Panzer V Medium Tank v1" (tank) custom model (made by me)
-"Tiger II Heavy Tank" (tank) custom model (made by biohazard and I)
-"JS-2 Heavy Tank" (tank) custom model (made by biohazard and I)
-Custom icons for: Destroyer, Light Cruiser, Heavy Cruiser, Battle Cruiser, BattleShip, Carrier, Transport type ships.

Great Lakes Diplomacy:
-Working road system that carries buffs down road tiles. Also can be used for power lines etc. I can say with honest its the most efficient system of its kind. A real data feat.
-WarCraft 3 Naval System
-The following WarCraft models (with icons) that either lack build animations or have selection issues or both:
Knight
Rifleman
Tree
Peasant
Mortar Team
Priest (hiveworkshop model)
Cannon (hiveworkshop model)
Human Battleship
Human Frigate
Human Transport
Village/Town/City (3 models) (hiveworkshop model)
Human Farm
Human Blacksmith
Human Barracks
Human Church (hiveworkshop model)
Human Workshop
Human Scout Tower
Human Arrow Tower
Wood/Stone/Iron Wall (3 models) (hiveworkshop model)
Human Shipyard
-"Ironclad" (boat) custom model (made by me)
-Custom Road tile (made by me)
-Several custom icons (made by me)
-Custom diplomacy UI
-Custom chat log

World War Zombies: Reanimated:
-Has the following WarCraft 3 Custom Models (some have selection issues)
Zombie
Dalaran Zombie
Abomination
Skeleton Archer
Skeleton Warrior
Skeleton Mage
Flesh Golem
Undead Spider
-Also has a working generic boat model

In addition there are literally hundreds of data entries and triggers that can be copied into the maps that others are making that may be very useful.

All model ports were done exclusively by me.

If anyone is interested let me know.
Edited by FockeWulf on 10/27/2012 5:33 AM PDT
-Working road system that carries buffs down road tiles. Also can be used for power lines etc. I can say with honest its the most efficient system of its kind. A real data feat.

Is there any chance that I can get an example of this? The current system I'm using for a similar purpose (evasion boosts when near trees) causes an incredible amount of lag.
You're doing a good thing by making your maps public, that's how a lot of newer map makers learn stuff, i remember back in war3 that's how i started out. But i would say don't leave yet, wait until HOTS comes out it will bring back a large amount of players and system improvements. While changes might seems slow now, Blizzard is known to eventually fix stuff cause they really do care about their games, history speaks for itself.
WWZ might be interesting, but I'm thinking about taking up WC3 mapping again so it may become moot.
10/29/2012 02:13 PMPosted by CaveOfWondrs
Blizzard is known to eventually fix stuff cause they really do care about their games, history speaks for itself.

Yes so does Activision.

I'm sorry but being ignored for 2 years while the community I built from the ground up died around me is something I cannot easily forgive and Blizzard is doing nothing to help me bring those players back. I've got a damned friends list that I've completely replaced once already full of people I haven't seen in a long time.

The new Blizzard has shown only to act on threats to their wallet. If this isn't a sign of the Activision mentality I don't know what is.

I've actually taken all of my published maps completely down. I'm not going to pretend like Blizzard gives a damn and I can't revive that community without their help and they have proven completely unwilling to cooperate. So I'm just going to kill it myself. At least a few lost sales on their part would help cure some of my anger.
Community Manager
We're sorry you're unhappy, FockeWulf.

I know that the development team has worked really hard to help you see the kinds of improvements that are being made to the editor and the environment we're building to support the community. Being overtly negative and repeatedly inferring things that simply are not true (i.e. we are not making improvements) has simply got to stop.

With such a negative bent, it's quite possible you will just never be happy here and anything we say will just not add up to adequate in your eyes. So be it. However, we can't sit idle while you contaminate the water for anyone else looking to make positive contributions to this community. That would be irresponsible on our part.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]