StarCraft® II

Minimum number of players?

How do you make it so the host can't start a lobby of your custom map until each team has at least 1 player on it?
Reply Quote
11/01/2012 12:04 PMPosted by Soulzek
How do you make it so the host can't start a lobby of your custom map until each team has at least 1 player on it?
I took a look into the Player Properties, Game Attributes and Game Variants as I figured that would be the best way to find an answer to your question. I cannot find a way within those areas to achieve what you’re asking. Since I cannot find a way to do it easily, since if it were possible it would be easy, than I can only guess that it’s not currently possible. From my experience I don’t think it has ever been possible even with the original StarCraft.

My suggestion would be to simply handle this issue with triggers.
Example:
Host can start lobby without each team having at least 1 player.
Should the game begin without each team having at least 1 player than a trigger automatically ends the game with defeat, victory, draw or something.
** I believe an If-Then-Else Trigger Action would be best for this like so  If Team 1, 2, 3, and 4 has >= 1 player  Then Proceed with game as normal  Else End Game For All Players
**** Please note that I’m not explaining complete details with my trigger example. In my example I would be using Functions which I’ve already implemented into my editing and possibly other variables.
With my suggestion it would basically force a remake for the lobby if someone decided to start the game too soon. This has good and bad repercussions but it is one way to get the job done that I can think of for you. You could even add an addition to the End Game trigger that displays text for everyone informing them they need a full lobby, a short wait and then let the End Game trigger fire.

I hope this helps you Soulzek and in the future please tag threads like these with [Help] in the topic title.

[Signature]: Find players who are players you can play with and play your way to victory!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]