StarCraft® II

Zerg is ridic in GSL Code S

Let's see, there was MLG. Care to list the rest?

Edit: and looks like RSL will be a ZvZ. So 2 ZvZ finals over 2 months is a lot?

not just finals.... tournaments in the top brackets. from quarters onward, so here's some: ....MLG vs Proleague, recent EG Master Cup, RSL, IPL Fight Club (several), recent ZOTAC, SEA Masters, NA WCS, Oceania WCS, Gigabyte LAN, SCAN Invite, Samsung Euro.....i could go on....

Alright so looking at Liquipedia-

Tournaments in the last 2 months
2012 MvP 1st SoO 2nd Oz 3rd MajOr/Soulkey Not a ZvZ Fest
2012 ESW 1st MaNa 2nd ForGG 3rd Stephano Not a ZvZ Fest
9/12 ZOTAC 1st Fraer 2nd Revival 3rd Hyun Won by Protoss, despite 2 top level Korean Zergs
9/12 GO4SC2 Won by Nerchio Best EU player behind Stephano
MLG Dallas 1st Life 2nd Leenock GSL champ vs MLG champ
RSL(Ongoing)

Tournaments over 2 months ago
*EG Masters Cup (Team League)
*WCS NA (August 2012)
*WCS Oceania (August 2012)
*IPL FC (is currently being dominated by HyuN, but IPL selects who gets to play in FC). *Gigabyte Lan (June 2012)
*SCAN Invitation (September 2012)

So overall about 4 tournaments have had Zergs in the Semi Finals/Finals. Despite them being either Korean Zergs, or a Top Foreign Zerg.
Edited by Swarm on 11/9/2012 5:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
And a few seasons ago there were 10 toss, 15 terran and 7 zerg and 7 toss, 7 terran and 2 zerg made it to the Ro16 and zero zerg made it to the Ro8.
Reply Quote
11/09/2012 03:52 PMPosted by ShinY
if youve been noticing any tourneys of late, it's been zvz fests from quarters all the way to finals. it's almost like you havent seen many tournaments in the last 2 months.

Weren't the semis at MLG both TvZ?
Reply Quote
9 protoss in >>> 2 out
14 Terran in >>> 6 out
9 zerg in >>> 8 out

1 zerg doesnt make it to Ro16. 1!!!

So, let me get this straight. In Ro16 there is:

8 zerg
6 terran
2 protoss

And somehow that makes zerg ridic[sic]? (The word is "ridiculous" by the way).

You're NEVER going to get an even 3-way split in the Ro16. 3 Doesn't go into 16. There's always going to be a discrepancy. I guess in a perfect world you'd have one race with 6 and the other two with 5, but the reality is it never works like that (and even of it did, someone would be crying OP about the race that managed 6). Having 8 zerg and 6 terrans looks pretty reasonable actually. Protoss looks to be under-represented, but we'll see who makes it to the Ro8.

if you cant discern the argument of win % and race representation, you shouldnt bother posting. im not asking for even representation. im saying, 8/9 pass through, 8 terran are eliminated but them being the most populous, and 7 p (6 actually because of rains withdrawal) getting trounced. it's about the recent trend of z win %. another example of this is foreign zergs. why is it the only real foreign threats to koreans are zerg players? sure grubby and thorzain or mana might win the odd game at a major tourney, but it's stephano, nerchio, scarlett, vortix, et al that are the real deep threats...
Edited by ShinY on 11/9/2012 5:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/09/2012 05:22 PMPosted by Mallard
And a few seasons ago there were 10 toss, 15 terran and 7 zerg and 7 toss, 7 terran and 2 zerg made it to the Ro16 and zero zerg made it to the Ro8.

a few seasons ago is 6 months ago...or longer
Reply Quote
11/09/2012 05:43 PMPosted by ShinY

So. The only balance patch since then was the queen and observer change. The seasons in between that one and this have had almost perfect balance including a protoss GSL winner.
Reply Quote
11/09/2012 05:46 PMPosted by Mallard

So. The only balance patch since then was the queen and observer change. The seasons in between that one and this have had almost perfect balance including a protoss GSL winner.

at no point did i say Z was unbeatable...and look at Seed, the second protoss player to ever win a GSL and that took longer than a year to make happen btw, now. even pros like stephano and idra are calling Z op....IDRA of all people. my point is, Z is the majority in most every tournament recently, their results are skewed for winning and the evidence is there. this ZSL is a joke.
Reply Quote

at no point did i say Z was unbeatable...and look at Seed, the second protoss player to ever win a GSL and that took longer than a year to make happen btw, now. even pros like stephano and idra are calling Z op....IDRA of all people. my point is, Z is the majority in most every tournament recently, their results are skewed for winning and the evidence is there. this ZSL is a joke.

Where did IdrA call Zerg OP? Stephano did say Z was OP, but he also did say he likes 14 Year old girls. And the tournament results have been fine thus far. I'm not really seeing where they are dominating.
Edited by Swarm on 11/9/2012 6:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
I can't say I've ever seen a Zerg micro perfectly, even in tournaments (with some very rare exceptions, but never throughout the game.). The race is dominated by macro mechanics, and since those are intrinsically easier to pull off, Zerg benefits.

Some tweaks will probably need to be made to WoL soon.
Reply Quote
11/09/2012 05:26 PMPosted by Linkebungu
if youve been noticing any tourneys of late, it's been zvz fests from quarters all the way to finals. it's almost like you havent seen many tournaments in the last 2 months.

Of course there are exceptions. It's just that in general we are seeing zerg make it to the later rounds of the tournament disproportionally more than similar level terrans. Also, we also see more zerg's qualifying for tournaments.
Reply Quote

Of course there are exceptions. It's just that in general we are seeing zerg make it to the later rounds of the tournament disproportionally more than similar level terrans. Also, we also see more zerg's qualifying for tournaments.

So you consider Flash(Code A) and Bomber(Code B) to be on the same level as Life(Code S) and Leenock(Code S)?

We are seeing a lot more races qualify for tournaments, not just Zerg. In fact, in Code:S this season-
Vampire(P)
Bbyong(T)
RorO(Z)
sOs(P)
Bogus(T)
finale(P)
BaBy(T)
Soulkey(Z)
HyuN(Z)
Hack(T)

Source: http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/2012_Global_StarCraft_II_League_Season_5

That's 3 Protoss, 4 Terran, and 3 Zerg. Is that not considered balanced to you?
Edited by Swarm on 11/9/2012 6:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/09/2012 03:36 PMPosted by ShinY

Note that that one zerg would've made it through if he didn't literally forget about 60 supply of units in a nydus.
Reply Quote

So you consider Flash(Code A) and Bomber(Code B) to be on the same level as Life(Code S) and Leenock(Code S)?

We are seeing a lot more races qualify for tournaments, not just Zerg. In fact, in Code:S this season-
Vampire(P)
Bbyong(T)
RorO(Z)
sOs(P)
Bogus(T)
finale(P)
BaBy(T)
Soulkey(Z)
HyuN(Z)
Hack(T)

Source: http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/2012_Global_StarCraft_II_League_Season_5

qualifying for tournaments is not the same thing as tournament results, or actual tournament population. you are in complete denial of the facts because of the race you main. go through liquipedia and look at the tourneys from the last 3-4 months. zerg is far and away the standout tourney winner and population. also, idra said it in a recent cast for EG Cup, suppy vs bratok....dont have the link handy....
Reply Quote
11/09/2012 06:40 PMPosted by dainbramage

Note that that one zerg would've made it through if he didn't literally forget about 60 supply of units in a nydus.

this
Reply Quote
also, swarm......this: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/7118301926
you're in the bubble, man
Reply Quote

Vampire(P)
Bbyong(T)
RorO(Z)
sOs(P)
Bogus(T)
finale(P)
BaBy(T)
Soulkey(Z)
HyuN(Z)
Hack(T)

qualifying for tournaments is not the same thing as tournament results, or actual tournament population. you are in complete denial of the facts because of the race you main. go through liquipedia and look at the tourneys from the last 3-4 months. zerg is far and away the standout tourney winner and population. also, idra said it in a recent cast for EG Cup, suppy vs bratok....dont have the link handy....

That post was in response to Athena, who said that the majority of new players have been Zerg - which was not true.

I went through the tournaments in the past 2 months, that you claimed was nothing but ZvZ fests from the quarter-finals to the finals. - which was also not true.

I have been nothing but open-minded when replying to your claims. Yes, I play Zerg. But I unlike you I provide evidence to back up my statements.
Reply Quote

I saw that thread. I even replied to it. Everyone of those players(Except MC) have been recently knocked out of a tournament. You don't think they are pissed? LOL?

Edit: Also I asked you a question which you never answered.
Edited by Swarm on 11/9/2012 6:58 PM PST
Reply Quote

I saw that thread. I even replied to it. Everyone of those players(Except MC) have been recently knocked out of a tournament. You don't think they are pissed? LOL?

the evidence IS there....on the liquipedia tourney pages. are you blind? you do know that red on place bars mean zerg right? you're in the bubble if you think zvz isnt prevalent and z is dominating tournaments. forum zergs think everything is fine. pros, results, and the rest of the sc2 community, dont.....which do you think is more plausible?
Reply Quote

the evidence IS there....on the liquipedia tourney pages. are you blind? you do know that red on place bars mean zerg right? you're in the bubble if you think zvz isnt prevalent and z is dominating tournaments. forum zergs think everything is fine. pros, results, and the rest of the sc2 community, dont.....which do you think is more plausible?

Like I said. I have been posting the recent tournament results(From liquipedia) in which you said Zergs are dominating. You ignore the facts and keep telling me to check liquipedia.

These "Pros" are angry because of recently being eliminated by a Zerg in tournaments. I mean, what do you expect them to say?
Edited by Swarm on 11/9/2012 7:18 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]