Buy HotS @ Gamestop

11/13/2012 09:13 PMPosted by schnitzel
I purchased it from battle.net too!! this is why iam so angry and wanted to inform the community of MY mistake.. but i keep getting called and troll, and now im done trying to convince so..

BETA from Amazon just substantiated by Blizz Cust services.... refunded my direct digital purchase(BLizz Store), confirming the Amazon *BOX* copy DOES include Beta access.."This is the latest response from Customer Support: Greetings XXXXX, It appears that the *box* copy that Amazon is stelling will grant access to the Beta. Customer Support has not been told how much Amazon has invested to provide such a promotion. I presume that Beta access is offered due to the fact that they cannot offer a digital copy of our game and must ship a retail box version to you; but that is only my personal assumption However, per your, a refund has been requested for order #XXXXXXXX in the amount of $39.99 USD. Your refund will be completed within 5-10 business days depending on the ability of your financial institution to process the transaction, and it will take the form of a credit issued directly to the payment method billed. While we are happy to provide this refund for you, please note that the Game Key associated with this digital download will no longer be valid and immediate access will not be available until you add the game key from the box version shipped to you by Amazon. If you have additional questions or concerns, please reply to this ticket. If you would rather speak with someone directly, please contact Account & Technical Services. Our contact information can be found at http://blizzard.com/support/article/cs."So they would rather we get it from Amazon, who must get a cut, and make Blizz print a box/disk/booklet FOR THE SAME PRICE than just allocate Beta access directly?interesting......
Reply Quote
BTW..
http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/134z7q/wheni_preordered_at_gamestop_today_my_receipt_had/

thanks again for reminding me when i should never help out people on these forums.
have you never heard of citing your sources. No ones going to believe you unless you post some sort of proof, like that reddit link which you have have had in your OP.
Reply Quote
I trust you bro. Chances are you won't be seeing this. But I heard about that, from gamestop, amazon, teamliquid, pretty much anywhere other than bnet. Though I'm not sure what the $5 is for. I bought the CE for 80 from amazon, and have beta key pending atm.

Anyone wanting proof.

Beta Access for Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm
Pre-order Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm and get beta access. We will email your code within 4 business days after you place your pre-order for Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm Standard or Collector’s Edition. Offers are valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Limit one per customer. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

taken directly from
http://www.amazon.com/Starcraft-II-Collectors-Edition-PC-Mac/dp/B0050SZ1JW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1352883646&sr=8-3&keywords=starcraft+2+heart+of+the+swarm+collector%27s+edition
Reply Quote
Darn, this is why I want to live in the US.

It sucks that in my country none of the retailers want to bring PC Games.
Reply Quote
standard edition too from Amazon, just fyi to those who are still skeptical

http://www.amazon.com/StarCraft-II-Heart-Swarm-Pc/dp/B002I0KP4G
Reply Quote
I just Preordered from the CE from Gamestop ($25 down payment) and did not have anything printed on the receipt about Beta access
Reply Quote
Hey, this guy isn't lying I just got mine
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 09:17 AMPosted by PhantomSamRI
I just Preordered from the CE from Gamestop ($25 down payment) and did not have anything printed on the receipt about Beta access

Same. The guy at the store even called the regional manager, and she said they weren't doing the pre-order bonus yet.
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 09:17 AMPosted by PhantomSamRI

Go back to your gamestop and ask them to print you a beta code. If they can't ask to cancel the preorder and get a new one with a code. They may have to search through their computer and find something called a "backup code" and print off a separate receipt with the code. It is possible that they aren't actually supposed to be distributing these until 11/20/2012 (as that is when Amazon is e-mailing codes) and that is why they aren't printing by default in some cases so it may be that you have to make a new pre-order then if this is the case.
Reply Quote
Cool man thanks for the info.

I want to know why Blizzard isn't supporting their own product and directly giving out beta keys for the pre-orders they sell?

Afterall, they get MORE money by directly selling it themselves.
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 11:19 AMPosted by GameOfDrones

Same. The guy at the store even called the regional manager, and she said they weren't doing the pre-order bonus yet.

Maybe my guy and other people's Gamestop made a mistake. This seems possible given Amazon isn't distributing keys until the 20'th. Try asking them to search for a "backup code".
Reply Quote
Bump for beta
Reply Quote
Cool man thanks for the info.

I want to know why Blizzard isn't supporting their own product and directly giving out beta keys for the pre-orders they sell?

Afterall, they get MORE money by directly selling it themselves.

Most likely this is part of a negotiation between the retailers and Activision/Blizzard. Digital only orders are most likely far more profitable for Blizzard but take profit away from the retailers. Blizzard also benefits from retail sales due to impulse buys and people who like having a retail box. In order to have both digital and retail sales Blizzard has to make some compromises with retailers to get them to stock the game. Preorder bonuses is one of these compromises.
Reply Quote
Heart of the "Storm"

proof
http://imgur.com/MVAy3
Reply Quote
Horray for beta
Reply Quote
And my proof also. But more and more evidence seems to be pointing to the possibility that gamestop is giving these out by accident.

http://imgur.com/cGy3T
Reply Quote
And my proof also. But more and more evidence seems to be pointing to the possibility that gamestop is giving these out by accident.

I don't know, the guy at my shop did everything he could - first I put down 25 bucks on the CE (the minimum amount, which is strange given that it's usually 5), then he thought maybe it was only if you paid in full, so we tried that - still no beta key. Then he tried the standard edition, still no beta key, and finally we canceled that and I pre-ordered CE again.
Reply Quote
I put down 5 on the standard, I think its standard only
Reply Quote

I don't know, the guy at my shop did everything he could - first I put down 25 bucks on the CE (the minimum amount, which is strange given that it's usually 5), then he thought maybe it was only if you paid in full, so we tried that - still no beta key. Then he tried the standard edition, still no beta key, and finally we canceled that and I pre-ordered CE again.

Yeah this makes me wonder what is going on in their computer systems. You could try and go back and ask him to search for a "backup code" but it might be controlled at a regional level or something. Hopefully this is sorted out soon and everyone can get their beta codes!
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 11:48 AMPosted by Mico
I put down 5 on the standard, I think its standard only

11/14/2012 11:47 AMPosted by GameOfDrones
Then he tried the standard edition, still no beta key
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]