StarCraft® II

Buy HotS @ Gamestop

I just called Gamestop and the guy said they don't have the keys yet, but they heard they might be getting some in within the next week.

Called another gamestop in my area and they said the same thing so it may be based on where you live.
Edited by Augustus on 11/14/2012 5:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
keys will be sent out sometime after november 20th. just so you ppl know
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 07:09 PMPosted by Legendary
keys will be sent out sometime after november 20th. just so you ppl know

That been confirmed for those who purchased it through amazon. I think the main cause for confusion is Gamestop and the fact that some people receive keys with their pre-purchase and others (like me) did not...
Reply Quote
Some gamestops are handing out beta keys with pre-oders, picked some up in my area today.
Reply Quote
They told me at my store they're getting them in December because the game isn't being released until march. I guess I could've just preordered and checked the receipt but I already placed it with amazon. I can wait a few more days.
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 05:41 PMPosted by DonKo
He's right! I just went and pre-ordered the Collector's edition and got a key on my receipt, downloading right now!

How did you redeem your key? I went to the website on the receipt but there is no option for HotS.
Reply Quote
the Gamestop associate didn't say anything when i preorder my game. However after i got home and checked the receipt, the access key is below the bar-code and it said: The following code will grant StarCraft II Heart of the Storm Beta Access through Battle.Net.

Storm lol but the key works !!!
Edited by Tooky on 11/14/2012 9:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
[quote="70056290373"]the Gamestop associate didn't say anything when i preorder my game. However after i got home and checked the receipt, the access key is below the bar-code and it said: The following code will grant StarCraft II Heart of the Storm Beta Access through Battle.Net. quote]

anyone actually got theirs working yet?
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 09:15 PMPosted by Veeduh
He's right! I just went and pre-ordered the Collector's edition and got a key on my receipt, downloading right now!

How did you redeem your key? I went to the website on the receipt but there is no option for HotS.

Go to your battle.net account page and click on add a game, then enter the code there. It's this website not a different one.
Reply Quote
[quote="70056290373"]the Gamestop associate didn't say anything when i preorder my game. However after i got home and checked the receipt, the access key is below the bar-code and it said: The following code will grant StarCraft II Heart of the Storm Beta Access through Battle.Net. quote]

Yup first time I tried to log in it said something like "I don't have access in my region" or something but then I tried again like an hour later and it let me log in and play.
Reply Quote
when i preordered wings of liberty i had a code that granted me beta acess.
Last year when i preordered hots i did not recieve 1 yet mind u yet.
going by gamestop today when i get off work, am gonna refund my purchase an get them to rebuy the game with a diffrent reciecit an hope this will allow me to acess the game beta client
I hope mind you hope.
Reply Quote
I thought about something earlier this morning. Did everyone who Preordered at Gamestop have a reward card/email on file with them or no? I'm thinking the reason that some people got keys at the time of purchase and some didn't has to do with whether or not they can Email you the key later. It seems strange that it would be an offer only running in certain places. Can anyone who did get the key from Gamestop let us know?
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 10:40 PMPosted by PhantomNVD

yep, was playing last night! Employees at gamestop don't seem to know about it until it prints on the receipt.
Reply Quote
11/15/2012 05:34 AMPosted by PhantomSamRI
Did everyone who Preordered at Gamestop have a reward card/email on file with them or no?

They did have my phone number on file. I don't have a rewards card though. Not sure if either makes a difference...
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 07:41 PMPosted by Dorito
Something just doesn't seem quite right here. I feel like you're missing something.
I'm busy wondering why people would buy from gamestop 0.0

such a shady place.

What? I've bought nearly all my games from there, specifically StarCraft II WoL.
Reply Quote
I'd rather pay $100 for expo then give $40 to Gaystop
Reply Quote
100% true. I went into a gamestop just asking around. The associate at the counter originally said no but he did some digging and found out that when he checked the SC2 "backup codes" and saw a beta access code which ended up printing on my receipt. Apparently, as of 7:30 pm EST yesterday, their websites and POS screens did not show the beta code. I went home, and it worked when I entered it on B.net site. Installed it and played a couple games last night. Good alternative to spending the full $40. Only paid 5 bucks.
Reply Quote
Also i want to know if i can buy the CE of HoTS from Brazil. Since on the website dont show the price or if can be pay by other ways "non dollar".
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]