StarCraft® II

dear blizz

(Locked)

i am tryin to contact u for the diplomacy community focke has been makin very good maps and u have denied him his abillity to speak out...his maps have bugs and u are doing nothin to fix them the diplo community would be alot bigger if these bugs are fixed therefor u are denying a person his privlidge to speak....that is not right since he bought the game which should allow him to do whatever he pleases in these forums i will be speaking out about this all the time in these forums and in the game to people about this outrage
lol
It's the age old "I need something from you, but I'm going to cleverly pester and insult you" approach that got him banned again. I like Focke, and he's not wrong, but waiting around and trolling blizzard on a nearly daily basis hasn't worked in the last few years for him. I genuinely think its best for his own sanity to find another medium to mod within. He's not happy with Blizzard.

You can't openly despise what they are doing in one hand, and ask something of them from the other. My understanding of that post was that it was a "Goodbye" post that Blizzard expedited.

I think Fockewulf will be an asset to another community, and like all the other mapmakers who have left, it's Blizzards loss. The biggest difference between Focke and the other mappers who left is that he invested time and effort to demonstrate what he perceived the issues to be and tried to convey that. I applaud him for trying, but encourage him to move on.
TRUE FACT: Cloaken, Deletarius, Tenarsis, Tyrran, Artestru were all hired to keep the mapmaking community on the custom game forums alive and continue to monitor and post on the forums making player's believe that the Blizzard administration is listening to the community and fixing bugs & trying to prolong the threat of the pocketbook running dry.
So Baneling, do you have any way for people to authenticate your claims? Forgive me for being skeptical of the accuracy given to a statement by prefacing it with "TRUE FACT". Whether you're aware of it or not, you just called Deletarius a liar (see http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/6935294623#14 ), and given that I don't see how you could know such a thing, your emphatic but unsupported assertion undermines your credibility to a point that I'm almost wondering whether Focke was even banned (which, since I'm posting about this at all, I'll mention is a disciplinary action I don't think I'd agree with, but it's not really my concern and he said he was moving on anyway).

What I'm sure of is that the devs didn't come here to be scapegoats, and I'd hardly blame them if they were to "disappear".
FockeWulf passed on to me that he has been Banned from Starcraft 2 Forums & logging into the game for a year.

If true, that's just extreme. Banning from the forums I get... but the game too? For a year?
10/31/2012 12:09 PMPosted by Soga
If true, that's just extreme. Banning from the forums I get... but the game too? For a year?

I have the same reaction.

Banning him from the game itself is giving ammo for bad publicity. He got absolutely nothing to lose now.

If anything, he should be unbanned from the game (but not from the forums). Banning from the game should be reserved for hackers or any sort of real troublemaker in-game.
MVP - StarCraft
FockeWulf passed on to me that he has been Banned from Starcraft 2 Forums & logging into the game for a year.

I agree; but I don't find it believable. To my knowledge people aren't ever banned in-game for things they do on the forums.

This thread is surely going to be locked. (Not only because it is directly against a forum rule, but because there really isn't anything to be gained by discussing it)
Edited by TheSkunk on 10/31/2012 2:02 PM PDT
Given Focke's very public disdain and the lack of proof at present, it's possible he may have lied about being banned from the game which would be ridiculous, but either way we don't yet know.

I'm sure Blizzard completely understands that criticism and negativity usually go hand in hand, but Focke did have a problem tempering the negativity. I'll admit I have a negative bias against Blizzard now since the release of SC2, but I do try to keep it from bubbling up too much. I mean, you can't demand a person listen to you while you insult them. I wouldn't put up with it either. Even if you're right it's just not how you should do things.

Blizzard certainly has let him going on do this for a long while now despite his rabble-rouser nature where he wants to get other people worked up which is just a recipe for forum drama which isn't what this place is for (and it's why this thread should be locked as Skunk said).
Community Manager
We welcome players to share their constructive feedback here on the forums; however, it is of utmost importance that players adhere to the Code of Conduct when doing so. That being said, we are unable to disclose any information regarding the status of another player's account. Should a player wish to contact us directly regarding their ability to post on the forum, they may do so by emailing forum@blizzard.com.

To my knowledge people aren't ever banned in-game for things they do on the forums.

You are correct.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]