StarCraft® II

So how is TvZ lately? :/

I used to be Terran then switched to Protoss and thinking of play Terran again.
I find Terran's mechanic style fun. :)

So how is TvZ lately?
TvT looks like still Tanks wars to me :/
TvP still looks like micro battle. Vikings vs Colossi, Ghosts vs High Templars.
But no idea what is going on current TvZ :/

So how is TvZ lately? :/
Edited by HelpHan on 10/31/2012 9:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
TvT --> The most strategic and all is about positioning. Tanks and marines are the most important units

TvZ --> Constant harass. Hellions are important here. You can hold whatever they bring except a looooot of zerglings and banelings

TvP --> I dont like Bio.. Air units are very important here. The ghost is your most important unit ;)
Reply Quote
In TvT, it's all about positioning and scouting after you get your Macro down. It is Tank wars in a way, but you learn to like it once you figure out how to play it. I hated TvT for a long time until I learned to play fairly well. I it's actually the hardest Terran match up, --for me at least-- but it's also the most rewarding.

TvZ is about Strategy, Positioning, Multitasking, and Micro in that order if you play Mech. If you play Bio or Bio-Mech, it's about Micro, Multitasking, Strategy, and Positioning in that order. It's harder in some ways if you go Mech, and harder in others if you go Bio-Mech. Namely, the ones I mentioned above. Micro is easier for Mech, and harder for Bio and Bio-Mech. Same with the others.

If you want an overview of the current TvZ Bio-Mech meta-game, I would say to look here: http://blip.tv/day9tv/day-9-daily-505-p1-taeja-vs-stephano-from-dreamhack-6372662

For the Mech meta-game, look at the latest GSL finals; Mvp vs Life.

TvP can be very hard mechanically, but strategically it's probably the easiest match up after the first 10:00. It's probably why this match up gets so much hate, since mechanics decide almost everything in here. Ghost count, Viking count, Upgrades, Multitasking, and Micro of Marine/Marauder, Medivacs, Ghosts, and Vikings determines the victor.
Edited by Fencar on 10/31/2012 2:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/31/2012 06:20 AMPosted by HelpHan
TvT looks like still Tanks wars to me :/

At low levels yes, at higher levels its a bit more than that

TvP still looks like micro battle. Vikings vs Colossi, Ghosts vs High Templars.

This is true, also it's a macro battle.

But no idea what is going on current TvZ :/

Zerg fast expands, then terran does, then zerg takes a third, terran harasses a bit, zerg defends and takes a 4th, terran comes out with a big push at around 15 minutes before hive and does some damage, zerg get's hive and from there a lot of things can happen.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]