StarCraft® II

Protoss

Honestly, i didn't believe that toss didn't need high apm from what people said. After i played them i always felt like i could do so much more as toss but they didn't have enough things to do.
This might be because i don't know the build order or maybe its because the macro mechanics.
Reply Quote
toss macro isnt hard. blizz imported an automatic control group just for all your warp gates LOL
Reply Quote
11/03/2012 07:56 AMPosted by Plaguuuu
toss macro isnt hard. blizz imported an automatic control group just for all your warp gates LOL
The macro has a lot of choices though, so you need to think more about how many Stalkers and Sentries you need to warp in and when, and what to spend your Chronoboost on.

Personally I find it to be boring because all you can do is Robotics tech against Zerg, but I think that will be fixed with HotS making Stargate tech more viable.
Reply Quote
11/03/2012 07:56 AMPosted by Plaguuuu

Only scrubs use that
Reply Quote
Pretty much just macro really well then micro really well in one big fight and you win. In TvZ you have to worry about multitasking a lot more. In TvT you have to worry about army movements A LOT. It's simpler in TvP, just have strong macro and one good engagement and you win.
Reply Quote
11/03/2012 09:55 AMPosted by BlackDeath
Pretty much just macro really well then micro really well in one big fight and you win. In TvZ you have to worry about multitasking a lot more. In TvT you have to worry about army movements A LOT. It's simpler in TvP, just have strong macro and one good engagement and you win.
I disagree. It depends on your build and strategy. If you go for a +1 attack timing, you have to do damage in some way such as keeping the Protoss on two bases for an extended period of time, or doing damage if he has taken a fairly early third base.

The Protoss can defend with a variety of methods, and gets some map control a couple minutes later while the Terran gets Vikings and or Ghosts out to counter. The players do a few engagements back and forth for map control, then there's a big engagement at 200/200 that takes into account all of these things.

If you go for something like a 3CC build into two Engineering Bays on the other hand, then sure one big engagement will often decide the game.
Reply Quote
lol
Reply Quote
I disagree. It depends on your build and strategy. If you go for a +1 attack timing, you have to do damage in some way such as keeping the Protoss on two bases for an extended period of time, or doing damage if he has taken a fairly early third base.

The Protoss can defend with a variety of methods, and gets some map control a couple minutes later while the Terran gets Vikings and or Ghosts out to counter. The players do a few engagements back and forth for map control, then there's a big engagement at 200/200 that takes into account all of these things.

If you go for something like a 3CC build into two Engineering Bays on the other hand, then sure one big engagement will often decide the game.

Well yes there will be smaller skirmishes and the advantage will shift around early-mid-early late game. A lot of the time it just comes down to one big fight where the better microer/who macroed to a good army fastest wins.
Reply Quote
I offrace as toss on a different account, which I've been playing more. Within 50 games I'm high diamond.

I honestly feel like this is the easiest race ever. You really only have to stress for the first 10 minutes of the game. If you don't die it feels like an auto win.

It may be that I'm this high already because I understand basics of macro and build orders, but honestly it feels super easy. Every win I take as terran. I feel like im doing a million things at once. Managing 2 drops while pushing with main army macroing out of different production facilities.

Protoss, it's kind just sit back and macro. Oop here comes a push FF and left half the army up my ramp, kill it let the other half up kill. Oh? Whats this? I'm 200/200 with 3/1/3? Guess I'll go win now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]