StarCraft® II

What are ghosts good for

I havent used them much
Reply Quote
everything lol..

not really.. what I"VE used them for is sniping and EMPs on High Templars and on infestors if I remember. Also Its really fun to get a successful nuke. They are more micro intensive, but keep them on a separate hotkey. Just make sure you have mobius reactor, or however you spell it, before starting to make them because they come out with more energy :3
Reply Quote
besides for emp'ing what units are they really good for killing?
Reply Quote
You get ghosts for their abilities, not their auto attacks.

Before the nerf Ghosts were amazing in late game TvZ because snipe would wreck Broodlords and Ultralisks, but since the snipe nerf you're better off getting other counters.

Now Ghosts are really only used in high level play for EMP in TvP since if you don't EMP all their High Templars your bio army will melt.

But you're silver so you could definitely use them in any matchup like for nuke harass, or sniping expensive units form stealth.
Reply Quote
Nukes are good but you need to be good with ghost positioning, overall since their nerfs they've kinda become useless as in TvZ you're better off with more marines and tanks, and TvT beyond forcing unseiges with a well placed nuke or EMPing medivacs (and even then you are better off using the supply for more tanks). TvP is the only match up where they do something useful because they take out shields and energy
Reply Quote
11/04/2012 11:47 AMPosted by David
I havent used them much

wasting your money
Reply Quote
Ghost are good in tvp because they have the EMP shot and can snipe HT.

Here's my question. In moving in on a Protoss death ball with several HT, should I snipe the HT or shoot EMP rounds into the death ball?
Reply Quote
Ghost are good in tvp because they have the EMP shot and can snipe HT.

Here's my question. In moving in on a Protoss death ball with several HT, should I snipe the HT or shoot EMP rounds into the death ball?

Most players in our league don't use HTs. Should only be getting ghosts if the enemy has sentries, so they can't spam force fields everywhere.
Reply Quote
RIP ghost. HT/Infestor exponentially better units.
Reply Quote
A single EMP can take out 8 fungals worth of energy.

Terran's QQ about Infestors. Terrans also have a HUGE stockpile of gas in the late-game. Ironic, isn't it? Why don't terrans use 1/10000 of their late-game gas-stockpile, make a single ghost and win?

To answer my own question: No clue why terrans don't build ghosts, the only thing I can imagine is that they are a bunch of QQ'ing retards.
Edited by tBz on 11/4/2012 9:51 PM PST
Reply Quote

Terran's QQ about Infestors. Terrans also have a HUGE stockpile of gas in the late-game. Ironic, isn't it? Why don't terrans use 1/10000 of their late-game gas-stockpile, make a single ghost and win?

To answer my own question: No clue why terrans don't build ghosts, the only thing I can imagine is that they are a bunch of QQ'ing retards.
It's because the ghost is too specialized, the only specialized unit zerg has is never built (hydras).
Reply Quote
11/04/2012 09:55 PMPosted by Memadbyte
It's because the ghost is too specialized, the only specialized unit zerg has is never built (hydras).

I, the Terran, swear to lose games for no reason and henceforth shall troll the forums of this, THE great internet, to complain of my hideous stupidity. If I shall be asked Y I am so stupid I shall say: The ghost is too specialized !

/facedesk
Edited by tBz on 11/4/2012 10:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
Ghosts are a hope-you-EMP-his-HTs-before-he-LOLStorms-your-whole-army unit. That's really all they're good for these days. :\

Oh, and sometimes you can be annoying with Nukes, but once your opponent catches on, it gets harder to pull off.
Reply Quote

2 good fungals (which arent hard to land) is all the zerg needs really, also, the way TvZ works terran often loses their army, so you're just wasting your money on ghosts who will MAYBE emp the infestors (if they arent killed by lings first) and then to be killed right after. you are better off getting more marines and tanks and just learning how to split.
Reply Quote
11/04/2012 10:11 PMPosted by tBz

I, the Terran, swear to lose games for no reason and henceforth shall troll the forums of this, THE great internet, to complain of my hideous stupidity. If I shall be asked Y I am so stupid I shall say: The ghost is too specialized !

/facedesk
Yes, they are expensive and counter 1 zerg unit. The only way to deal with zerg tech switches are to use units that counter multiple units not crappy ghosts.
Reply Quote
Guys that turn invisible and have ridiciously large Sniper Rifles

What more do you want?
Reply Quote
Guys that turn invisible and have ridiciously large Sniper Rifles

What more do you want?

sniper rifles that can kill more than one kinda unit?
Reply Quote
I use Ghosts in a modified all in with the Hammer 111 build. Basically I don't get the third port and just use that cash to get Ghosts off of two tech lab rax.

After that even though my main army is weaker I can just spam emps everywhere and a move to victory
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]