StarCraft® II

Good idea for random

let us pick if we want to random only two possible races. I love playing Zerg and Protoss but hate playing terran. Because of this i dont want to random because of the fear i might random Terran .This is very simples to do without changing the UI to much. Have a check box under random race that lets you uncheck 1 race that way you wont random it. This way you can random 3 races or 2. This doesnt affect balance at all and theres no reason not to add this feature.
Edited by Reborn on 11/11/2012 6:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/11/2012 05:49 PMPosted by HeReTiC
theres no reason not to add this feature

Knowing that you cant' spawn as a certain race contradicts the very definition of random.

i'm going to have to agree with this. Just switch back and forth and you'll essentially get the same results.
Reply Quote
not true there are two races to random instead of 3 the selection is still random just with less choices.
Edited by Reborn on 11/11/2012 5:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
~derp~
Reply Quote
if makes it you guys feel better the loading screen could say the two races the opponent CAN random so the opponent knows that there are only two possible races the randomer can be.
Reply Quote
He's a cutie can we keep him?
Reply Quote
You're in silver. Just scv marine all in every time you get terran and you should win every game.
Reply Quote
its not about winning its about playing the races i want improve on, which isnt terran.
Reply Quote
with your logic the random feature shouldnt exist either because we can pick 3 colored straws out a bag..? Theres no reason not to add this feature.
Edited by Reborn on 11/11/2012 6:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
by your logic why can't I exclude two races and then go random?
Reply Quote
because theres 3 races if you exculde two you can only pick 1 possible race pretty sure your trolling (no ones that dumb)
Edited by Reborn on 11/11/2012 6:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
Yeah but then it'd be only a 50/50 chance instead of a 33% chance. I think you're better off just waffling back and forth between the two you wanna play, because the game isn't going to let you random the same race twice so you'll end up waffling anyway.
Reply Quote
so someone that takes your suggestion and expands upon it is trolling?
Reply Quote
I have randomed zerg 3 times in a row before, yes i will get more repeat races if i can only random two race but im fine with because their both races i want to play.
Reply Quote
so play them?

The world doesn't cater to your convenience. This suggestion makes your random selection imbalanced, as it excludes the one you can't/don't play. Don't be so naive.
Reply Quote
11/11/2012 05:52 PMPosted by Ponera
~derp~
Herp.

Just main terran for a season or until you feel comfortable with it. If you want to play random have to accept having terran as a choice.
Reply Quote
im sure other people would like this feature to be added not just me. It does not make Random selection imbalanced it just makes it more enticing to pick for people who only like playing two races.
Edited by Reborn on 11/11/2012 6:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
i wouldnt want to play terran even if i were pro at it. for now i will have to deal with the fact i could random terran hopefully that could change.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]