StarCraft® II

Good idea for random

why is everyones only reason not for adding this achievements or protraits? i could care less about that stuff there just pixels its not like they give me an egde. Flipping a coin is dull,repetitive and is not something i want to do after every match. It also takes out all the exitement of being random. Not knowing what race you will get makes you improvise on the fly, which improves your gameplay.I could flip a coin or this simple feature could be added its a no brainer for me.
Edited by Reborn on 11/12/2012 6:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/11/2012 05:46 PMPosted by Reborn
let us pick if we want to random only two possible races. I love playing Zerg and Protoss but hate playing terran. Because of this i dont want to random because of the fear i might random Terran .This is very simples to do without changing the UI to much. Have a check box under random race that lets you uncheck 1 race that way you wont random it. This way you can random 3 races or 2. This doesnt affect balance at all and theres no reason not to add this feature.

This idea has been brought up multiple times by other posters. Its fairly apparent that a large chunk of the community thinks this is a horrible idea. One of the drawbacks of picking random is having to learn 3 races & their associated match-ups vs each race, usually leaving Random players with a skill disadvantage over someone who mains Race A & off races Race B. Your idea does affect balance because if John Doe is a gold level player with T & P but is bronze level with Z he can just omit ever playing Z which is basically trying to get the benefits of picking random without the perils attached to it.
Reply Quote
there are no benefits my oppenet is still facing either P or Z true i dont have to play my weakest race but i still have to learn 6 posible match ups. If anything when you pick random you are handicaping yourself. But now instead of being in a wheel chair im in crutches. Im still handicaped because im learning two different races. Theres no way i could be better at two races compared to just playing one there are no benefits to this at all.
Edited by Reborn on 11/12/2012 7:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/11/2012 07:06 PMPosted by HeReTiC
i want to able to random only two possible races.

No, you want to have the rewards of playing random (portraits, decals) without actually playing random. If that wasn't your intention, you'd take my advice and choose your race based on a coin flip.
Since when did Heretic start making decent logic bearing posts?
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 07:17 AMPosted by Reborn
there are no benefits my oppenet is still facing either P or Z true i dont have to play my weakest race but i still have to learn 6 posible match ups.

That's the thing everyone has been telling you though there is a BO advantage to random. Play random and use all three or flip a coin and use two. /thread
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 07:17 AMPosted by Reborn
there are no benefits my oppenet is still facing either P or Z true i dont have to play my weakest race but i still have to learn 6 posible match ups. If anything when you pick random you are handicaping yourself. But now instead of being in a wheel chair im in crutches. Im still handicaped because im learning two different races. Theres no way i could be better at two races compared to just playing one there are no benefits to this at all.

The benefit is one you've stated- Your terrible with T so you dont want to pick them. Thus you want a way to cycle automatically between your two better races without running the risk of playing as T. You also want to be able to hide your choice without your opponent knowing which race you are from the get go so you can have a slight advantage at the start. Again, you want all the perks of playing Random, while minimizing the risks (learning 6 MUs vice 9).
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 07:49 AMPosted by Neal

The benefit is one you've stated- Your terrible with T so you dont want to pick them. Thus you want a way to cycle automatically between your two better races without running the risk of playing as T. You also want to be able to hide your choice without your opponent knowing which race you are from the get go so you can have a slight advantage at the start. Again, you want all the perks of playing Random, while minimizing the risks (learning 6 MUs vice 9).
To be fair he said the loading screen could say that he couldn't be T but that doesn't eliminate the Random advantage. For example if you are P if your opponent is Z you can safely FFE. You can't FFE v. P because the auto response is K4G. So you cannot FFE against a PZ random, that's the random advantage, it takes builds away from you and opens up builds to your random opponent.
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 06:46 AMPosted by Reborn
why is everyones only reason not for adding this achievements or protraits? i could care less about that stuff there just pixels its not like they give me an egde. Flipping a coin is dull,repetitive and is not something i want to do after every match. It also takes out all the exitement of being random. Not knowing what race you will get makes you improvise on the fly, which improves your gameplay.I could flip a coin or this simple feature could be added its a no brainer for me.

because in playing random you get double achievements +1 win to random +1 to the race you played. If you only want to choose two different races coin flips work pretty well. Yes you don't get the whole I am random hahaha you have no idea kinda thing going. Yet you will get different games then when you choose random.

Best choices are
1. Coin flip and pick race that you want before you hit find match
2. Pick random and rage quit when terran
3. Pick random and learn to play terran
4. accept this won't change any time soon, and that it is actually an old topic
5. Keep arguing and get really mad because "NO one understands and everyone is a jerk QQ".
Reply Quote
6. Blizzard adds option to random only 2 races
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 08:53 AMPosted by Reborn
6. Blizzard adds option to random only 2 races

never gonna happen.
Reply Quote
never? most likely this idea will never be implemented but hey doesn't hurt to try.
Edited by Reborn on 11/12/2012 9:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
This thread is bad and you should feel bad.
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 09:48 AMPosted by Cerberus
This thread is bad and you should feel bad.

+1
Reply Quote
add a 4th race is a hodgepodge of all 3 races that is only available to random
Reply Quote
You disgrace our kind, either dont play random or play it......
Reply Quote
Hmmm... I don't understand all the negative feedback you're getting, sorry man! D:

Personally, I would LOVE this feature, I like Protoss and Zerg, but prefer not to play random. It would be awesome if I could just randomize between the two.
Reply Quote
Best choices are
1. Coin flip and pick race that you want before you hit find match
2. Pick random and rage quit when terran
3. Pick random and learn to play terran
4. accept this won't change any time soon, and that it is actually an old topic
5. Keep arguing and get really mad because "NO one understands and everyone is a jerk QQ".

+10

of course.... Reborn cry more please, that will solve all your problems... cry!... cry!
Reply Quote
Or you could just manually pick toss or zerg every other game using that handy little mouse to your right.
Reply Quote
11/11/2012 06:33 PMPosted by Reborn
i wouldnt want to play terran even if i were pro at it. for now i will have to deal with the fact i could random terran hopefully that could change.

liar
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]