StarCraft® II

ZvT help...Up against mass marauder...

http://drop.sc/274979

I felt behind from the beginning. Not enough lings to kll hellions, spores in bad position at 3rd.

I dislike going muta in any match up, and prefer infestors but it seems that was the answer here?

Fungal...after fungal...after fungal and those marauders don't die. Did I need more lings and less infestors?

Just need some critiquing please...
Reply Quote
go mutas when you see a non anti air composition

idc if you don't like them, cuz if you refuse to use them, you refuse to use one of the biggest Zerg options that will seriously hinder your gameplay and make you a predictable player.
Reply Quote
I may be able to check the rep later, but basically what midday said.

In general I like to open muta in ZvT; pure ground armies are pretty tough to deal with (tank/hellion or marauder/hellion) without air. If you go muta and then switch out (even 6-8 mutas is fine), you force anti-air, and if he skimps on AA later in the game after a few engagements, you can always go back to mutas to punish him for it.
Reply Quote
go mutas when you see a non anti air composition

idc if you don't like them, cuz if you refuse to use them, you refuse to use one of the biggest Zerg options that will seriously hinder your gameplay and make you a predictable player.

this is a good point. zergs options are already severly limited compared to other 2 races. if you opt to neglect air your really hindering yourself
Reply Quote
u can go ling/infestor against a marauder composition, and those maruaders will die to fungals until he gets like 15 medivacs healing them. it takes ALOT of fungals to kill medivacs so what i normally do is get like 5-6 corruptors (i know how stupid this sounds) to keep medivac count from getting too high.

if u already went down infestor tech, then trying to get mutas is kinda stupid because u need a large number to make them worthwhile and unless u are on 4+ bases u cant afford mutas and infestors, and if u are on 4 base, why arent u going to hive tech instead of dumping gas into 2 units that dont complement eachother well?

if u win a fight, u can fungal the medivacs to death if u have enough energy left over, but unless if u have alot of infestors (10+) u are unlikely to have this much energy, and if he has good positioning he will keep the medivacs out of range of fungals while his ground army is alive. and once u have 10+ infestors, his medivac count is probably already too high.

imo the key to beating this style of push is getting an upgrade advantage. if hes going marauder hellion, he is unlikely to be getting good upgrades and probably is intent on winning the game early, so if u can get to 2/2 on your lings u probably win, since even his hellions wont do well as long as u engage smarly.
Reply Quote
also dont get to carried away with using lings on hellions. rely on ur queens and spores. the 6 queen build is very good for zerg vs hellion openings. block ur ramp and ur main is safe while ur queens and spores handle the hellions. just dont line them all up so all ur drones take dmg from each shot
Reply Quote
If he is doing the hellion marauder b.s. I usually tech to hyd and 4 roach then pure ling behind 2 spines. You'd be surprised at how good hydras are vs marauders. If you let the hellions all hit them then you're in trouble tho :-D Thats what roaches are for. Make sure if he is going bio you make upped banes...at least the speed. Don't know how many times I died because of forgetting that today.
Reply Quote
I've been losing to this a lot now.

Early expand, early third. I try to punish the third but if that fails, I take my own third and prepare for my fourth. He pushes out with marine/marauder (equal number in ratio) and medivacs, and my banelings have a hard as hell time hitting the clumps of marines in midst of the marauders, and the fungals can't seem to take down the marauders.

Mass mass ling huh. Seems about right. Guess I need to scout even harder at the beginning to make sure of what he's planning so I can drone hard enough to pull it off. Scouting terran is such a pain in the !@#$.... (or anyone for that matter once that ovie goes down..)
Reply Quote
Try using more infested terrans than you're accustomed to. Use fungals only if he gives you a really juicy clump of units or tries to run away.
Reply Quote
I would try mass baneling infestor with 4-6 queens if you can to kill the medivacs/support.
Reply Quote
Midday.280

$15/h
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]