StarCraft® II

Lack of substance in the CE of HOTS?

I wish to hear from the masses on wether or not the feeling was mutual.
Do you feel like there is a lack of substance in the Collector's Edition of the Heart of the Swarm Expansion?
CE:
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/buy-now/collectors-edition

Included:
3 portraits
3 decals
1 unique in game ultralisk model
1 baneling WOW pet
1 unique Diablo 3 in game model
1 art book
1 mouse pad
1 hour of bonus features (tutorials, exposition by day9 on the history of sc2 gaming, voice actors 'interviews') *dvd/blueray
1 soundtrack

the bold features are the ones that physically exist...
These are a few features that were expected (some of you wish to replace this with desired do so at your own pleasure) but have not been described:
1 zerg Plushie
1 zerg USB

Note that both of the hoped for (and absent) features are physical and that if the customer doesnt have a diablo or a WOW game then they are missing two of the features they paid for. Those two features aren't the only content that blizzard could use to increase the substance of this CE.
Also please note that I do not know the price for this CE.
If I am informed I will edit it into this post right here -------> Normal edition: 40
Deluxe edition: $60
Collectors edition: ?
While the lack of some features has been a let down it is not the end of the world and I merely wish to see your responses to this information.

if you're upset that you aren't going to get a plush toy when you're likely a college-age male, then I think you have some behavioral issues that need to be sorted out.

please avoid irrelevant ad hominem attacks unless it makes a definitive difference to the forum

Stop complaining.

I would avoid saying im complaining but as I cannot find a suitable substitution I will merely state that there is no harm in doing so.
These are the reason why this forum was made:

I usually buy CE versions of Blizzard games, but this CE is disappointing. Mouse pad and that's it? The WoL had a comic book and a USB stick that lit up when you connected it to a PC.

I'm going with digital deluxe version this time.

lol 80 bucks
the only cool thing here is a soundtrack and artbook
not worth even close to 40 if u ask me

11/13/2012 03:43 PMPosted by Phil
I really don't see this collector's edition as being worth it. At least the WoL Collector's edition had USB drive with SC:BW on it. Maybe have a USB game with a copy of WoL?

11/13/2012 03:43 PMPosted by UltraNoob
Hm. I was thinking about getting the Digital Deluxe but now that you mention it, I don't have WoW or Diablo 3. I'm sticking with the Standard Version :D

While these feelings may or may not be true, they are customers and their opinions should be heared.
On the other hand this forum may have brought perspective to some dissatisfied customers:

I love artbooks so that makes it worth it for me - if you've seen the CE artbook, it's pretty high-quality. I can definitely see how some people would be disappointed by the CE showing for HotS, though.

The ONLY reason Diablo III and StarCraft II had the USB games is because those were full-blown new games.

So, as far as I can tell, the only thing "lacking" is the CCG cards. Could they have given us another comic? Sure, but this CE seems to line up really well with everything else Blizzard has put out for the last 8 years.

I know I am going to buy it either way
Edited by Morte on 11/13/2012 4:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
Do we have an idea on the price yet?
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 10:41 AMPosted by TKiNewbie
Do we have an idea on the price yet?

80 bux
Reply Quote
These are a few features that were expected but have not been described:
1 zerg Plushie
1 zerg USB

Why would these be expected? As far as the rest of the features, it's similar to past collector editions. Check out the WoW CEs.
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
I'll be buying the standard copy at a store. Need a disk in case some kind of Internet apocalypse happens.
Reply Quote
I'll be buying the standard copy at a store. Need a disk in case some kind of Internet apocalypse happens.

You would not be able to play the game of that happened.
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 10:57 AMPosted by Rtsprog
You would not be able to play the game of that happened.

There's always the offline functionality isn't there?
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 11:48 AMPosted by SeriusBizNis
There's always the offline functionality isn't there?

Yes but I think you have to login at least once.
Reply Quote
I don't know about you guys, but I really want that unique ultralisk game model.
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 10:46 AMPosted by Doncroft

When the internet apocalypse happens you won't be able to play anyway. We can't play offline anymore :( you can keep playing if your connection fails but you can't open the game if you're not online. This is bad.

About the CE, I think almost everything checks with WoL's CE: 40 bucks more expensive than standard, check; portraits, check; special unit, check; etc. But WoL's had an USB with SCBW in it; Diablo III's had an awesome Diablo Skull with an USB freaking soulstone with DI and DIILoD; and HotS' have a... mouse pad??

Underwhelming, indeed. If HotS CE is less neat, you should be a little less expensive. Maybe interviews with voice actors will make it worthy?
Edited by TcheQuevara on 11/13/2012 12:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
lol 80 bucks
Reply Quote
lol 80 bucks

I love artbooks so that makes it worth it for me - if you've seen the CE artbook, it's pretty high-quality. I can definitely see how some people would be disappointed by the CE showing for HotS, though.
Reply Quote
Put a baneling Plushie in there darn ya.....

I know I am going to buy it either way but I want it.
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 12:46 PMPosted by ProdofVoid
I know I am going to buy it either way but I want it.

Teach me how to fanboy. D:
Reply Quote
I usually buy CE versions of Blizzard games, but this CE is disappointing. Mouse pad and that's it? The WoL had a comic book and a USB stick that lit up when you connected it to a PC.

I'm going with digital deluxe version this time.
Reply Quote
This is the exact same content they have put in their CEs since The Burning Crusade.

TBC, WotLK, Cataclysm, and Pandaria are all expansion games. ALL of them have: Art Book, Soundtrack CD, Behind the Scenes DVD, and a Mousepad. Wrath, Cata, and Pandaria also had some cards for the CCG (there was no CCG when TBC released).

The ONLY reason Diablo III and StarCraft II had the USB games is because those were full-blown new games.

So, as far as I can tell, the only thing "lacking" is the CCG cards. Could they have given us another comic? Sure, but this CE seems to line up really well with everything else Blizzard has put out for the last 8 years.
Reply Quote
Very happy, this is about the exact same thing that was in WoL minus the BW flash USB. Even so, I am sure the mouse pad and the 2 gigs Flash are equivalent and this is cheaper then what WoL was.

Can't wait for the CE, even if I don't play the game, the artwork will be worth it alone if it was anything close to what WoL was.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]