StarCraft® II

Proposed Infestor Consideration Changes

11/13/2012 12:53 PMPosted by BlackAdder
Since you're mixing metaphors, let's clear up our terms, shall we?

Good sir, we have had this conversation before. You are misrepresenting my argument (that dodging fungals is possible) by applying it to a different context (knives vs bullets), one where it is more vulnerable, then attacking it. Its called a straw man fallacy and is a logical error.

Logical Proof: You are correct that you cannot dodge a bullet, but it is quite possible to dodge fungals. Ergo, your comparison to portray fungals as bullets is unable to assert that fungals can't be dodged and is hence a straw man fallacy.

11/13/2012 12:53 PMPosted by BlackAdder
going to say stupid things like "dodge fungals" when fungals are instantaneous, it makes my head hurt.

What's hilarious here is that dodging fungals is not only possible but is easy. I do it all the time in ZvZ--there is a delay between when the player casts the fungal and when the fungal actually gets casted (the infestor has to walk up and/or around any units blocking it).

You bait the fungal, then move/split just before it happens. The only difference between this and dodging storms is that for fungals you HAVE TO dodge before the fungal hits, whereas for storms you can dodge during the storm. My point stands true.

Although, I wouldn't expect a Platinum to be aware of such strategy, so you are excused in this error.

P.S - It is not possible for someone who claims to have a "high score in humanities" to repeatedly make the same logical errors over and over again (actually, it is possible in one scenario: if said person had become dumber since taking the test). Advice I give to such individuals: Grow up and at the very least wait until you graduate high school before engaging in intellectual debates. *hint hint*
Edited by tBz on 11/13/2012 1:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
Logical Proof: You are correct that you cannot dodge a bullet, but it is quite possible to dodge fungals. Ergo, your comparison to portray fungals as bullets is unable to assert that fungals can't be dodged and is hence a straw man fallacy.

I see. I'm not allowed to make analogies without confusing you because they're not 100% accurate (they're analogies). How do you put on your own shoes?

11/13/2012 01:07 PMPosted by tBz
Although, I wouldn't expect a Platinum to be aware of such strategy, so you are excused in this error.

Um... actually, I allowed for it in my edited response. If the opponent moves and you're controlling the unit individually, just recast. If you're controlling the group of casters, right click the group somewhere to cancel the cast, then re-cast. You can't dodge the fungal, you can only dodge the infestor. And the infestor has decent range.

EDIT: You can bait fungals, FFs, etc, but you can't dodge them once they're cast. I guess for simplicity you could say you're "dodging fungals" if you bait them into miscasting, but the important distinction is that if a fungal ever misses, your opponent made a mistake, whether you helped them along or not. But if you take a full storm you didn't intend to, then *you* made a mistake.

Advice I give to such individuals: Grow up and at the very least wait until you graduate high school before engaging in intellectual debates. *hint hint*

You would have to work very hard to be as stupid as you are pretending to be, so I'll just admit you can troll with the very best of them.
Edited by BlackAdder on 11/13/2012 2:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 01:39 PMPosted by BlackAdder
If the opponent moves and you're controlling the unit individually, just recast. If you're controlling the group of casters, right click the group somewhere to cancel the cast, then re-cast.

You obviously aren't used to playing individuals capable of dodging fungals. No worries bro, <3 platinum league. Take the advice of a master player: Dodging fungals is not only possible but very easy. Just because your--platinum--skill can't comprehend how its done doesn't mean it isn't possible.

but the important distinction is that if a fungal ever misses, your opponent made a mistake, whether you helped them along or not. But if you take a full storm you didn't intend to, then *you* made a mistake.

LOL. As always, you make me laugh... hard. By that logic the person who whiffs the storm isn't to blame for whiffing it? LOL. Your lack of basic logic is astounding.

EDIT: You can bait fungals, FFs, etc, but you can't dodge them once they're cast.

Exactly my point, you have to dodge them BEFORE they are cast. Geeeze, you are being a !@#$ing retard. G.T.F.O.

EDIT: What you are trying to argue is that the error margin for microing against fungals is less than that for microing against storms (because fungals hold units in place). But good hell, you suck at debating (INFESTORS ARE HITMEN AND FUNGALS ARE BULLETS, THEREFORE tBz IS WRONG!!! /facepalm).
Edited by tBz on 11/13/2012 2:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
Posted by BlackAdder
but the important distinction is that if a fungal ever misses, your opponent made a mistake, whether you helped them along or not. But if you take a full storm you didn't intend to, then *you* made a mistake.

LOL. As always, you make me laugh... hard. By that logic the person who whiffs the storm isn't to blame for whiffing it? LOL. Your lack of basic logic is astounding.

*Full* storm. Now you can't parse a sentence? A storm user is *more* to blame if they whiff entirely (because you can blanket at area over time) but not to blame if the opponent takes partial damage.

Exactly my point, you have to dodge them BEFORE they are cast. Geeeze, you are a !@#$ing retard. G.T.F.O.

If you wait to cast until your Infestor is in range to cast before hitting F-click, the latency between that f-click and the fungal landing is your time to dodge, and that's just the network latency. Before that, there's nothing to dodge. Baiting fungals works because people select a group of units out of range, hit f-click and then wait. That's easier, but you don't *have* to do it that way.

EDIT: What you are trying to argue is that the error margin for microing against fungals is less than that for microing against storms (because fungals hold units in place). But good hell, you suck at debating (INFESTORS ARE HITMEN AND FUNGALS ARE BULLETS, THEREFORE tBz IS WRONG!!! /facepalm).

No, FabIntegral already said that so I didn't repeat it. I was additionally pointing out that your counter-suggestion (just dodge it) requires your opponent to make a mistake. You can help your opponent miss: you can't make them miss. That applies to storm as well. The difference isn't in the "error margin", because you don't have to make a dodging error to be hit by either fungal or storm, it's in the penalty for being hit.
Reply Quote
why are you guys complaining? i'm pretty sure his fungal is even better than the current one. silence on sentry/HT/mothership/medivac is very powerful.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]