StarCraft® II

Unwarranted Hatred

Anyone feel like some of your opponents have already made up their minds that you're pathetic? And they are just furious by the fact that you're a Zerg player. I haven't played in about a month because I go to college and have a full time job and I decided that I needed to play because I finally had some free time. Just about every game I played, that wasn't Zerg versus Zerg, my opponents were already mad at me for playing Zerg. I had fun with one protoss player because he actually struck up a conversation with me, but everyone else were so snide and unhappy.

I feel like some people (like me) who exclusively play zerg shouldn't have to be put down by people because the general consensus is that Zerg is over powered. I didn't even use Infestors in most of my games.

I just had to rant a little bit because it is quite sad that people feel the need to berate Zerg players for playing a race they enjoy. IF you're so unhappy about how Zerg is over powered then why not just play them so you can win all the time, right?

Silly people.
Reply Quote
eh sometimes i get ppl that bm like that but i have played zerg in every version of starcraft so far. Sadly a lot of ppl have switched to zerg as the flavor of the month. They will all go back to terran as soon as the meta shifts. Dont let it bother you tho. Just tell them what they tell everyone on the forums,That its only imba in GM and L2P. Thats what they told us till the queen somehow magically crippled the terran army with her massive range
Reply Quote
Honestly I get more grief from zerg players than anyone. Having tried the race, I can understand it's annoying to do all that work just to lose to some a-move !@#$.
Reply Quote
Roland, You now have my heart ♥
Reply Quote
i agree with roland to the death, its annoying to see a terran going cc first then going a fast 3 hatch and then getting rolled by a small stim marine push cause you didn't see it coming
Edited by ZCksuen on 11/8/2012 7:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
yeah apparently zerg is OP, but somehow no one seemed to notice that 7 of the top 9 in WCS Asia finals were protoss...
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 10:58 PMPosted by ZergyMonster
I didn't even use Infestors in most of my games.

I have found that this is irrelevant. If I build infestors it's generally because im laughably ahead (kindof like ultralisks and hydras). Then I get to laugh more when they inevitably blame their loss on "OP FESTER" after I fungal their 50 supply army while my 200 supply eats it.
Reply Quote
I particularly like how in the Terran forum there's a thread that asks what is harder late game, Protoss or Zerg and everyone says Protoss. But somehow Zerg is overpowered.
Reply Quote
Playing on internet you encounter a lot of people who seem to get a charge out of calling you terrible. You shouldn't take it personally, because it really has nothing to do with you.
Reply Quote
it's warranted.

as zerg we are responsible for trillions of deaths across the sector.
they should not be happy about it.
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 11:46 PMPosted by Rolandtoke
Honestly I get more grief from zerg players than anyone. Having tried the race, I can understand it's annoying to do all that work just to lose to some a-move !@#$.

It's true in even pro tournaments.

ST_Squirtle hid a double Robo. in a game vs Leenock.

Masses 6 Collosus and literally a-moves across the map and wins. There's high level micro in pro games, but Protoss is the only race I know of that can literally JUST a-move.

Not Protosses fault, I now the race is a bit bland and boring. =/
Reply Quote
t's warranted.

+1
Reply Quote
ive literally had people say "zerg imba" and leave the game, or just try to discuss balance during the match.

i just ignore them and play the game.
Reply Quote
Im a protoss player, Ive got no hatred for zerg or any of the races for that matter.

The only thing I hate when I face a zerg and they just turtle until broodlords. Mass up like 20 infestors, spines everywhere. You attack and theres a million infested terrans and fungals and spines and there goes my army lol. Good thing immortal sentry solves that issue the majority of the time!

Other than that, I have no hatred for zerg.
Reply Quote
it's warranted.

And they have killed trillions of US! They mustn't go unpunished.
Reply Quote
Im a protoss player, Ive got no hatred for zerg or any of the races for that matter.

The only thing I hate when I face a zerg and they just turtle until broodlords. Mass up like 20 infestors, spines everywhere. You attack and theres a million infested terrans and fungals and spines and there goes my army lol. Good thing immortal sentry solves that issue the majority of the time!

I feel that its definitly not zerg thats op but that the fact that Protoss is probably the most underpowered race
Reply Quote

Sadly that's the meta. Protoss is strong between 12-16 minutes. If Zerg doesn't transition to Brood/Infestor they lose to Stalker/Zealot/Immortal or whatever mid game army you choose. So you have to go super D and hope you can survive to Broods/Infestor then the balance switches.
Reply Quote
11/08/2012 03:56 PMPosted by sLXonix
I feel that its definitly not zerg thats op but that the fact that Protoss is probably the most underpowered race

I dont feel like theyre underpowered really. It can feel underpowered when your on gateway units, since once the midgame hits its hard to hold any kind of push. Its compensated by toss's many aoe tier 3 units lol.

You can either go really a really aggressive all in such as immortal sentry or you turtle until you get colossus/hts/archons etc, then move out.

Gateway units cant stand up to terran mmm ball, or can then stand up to upgraded roachling infestor comps. You NEED that splash damage.
Reply Quote
...they just turtle until broodlords. Mass up like 20 infestors, spines everywhere. You attack and theres a million infested terrans and fungals and spines and there goes my army lol. Good thing immortal sentry solves that issue the majority of the time!

You reminded me of a series of games I had in Peepmode a few weeks ago. First game was complete macro, which I won with Infestor/Brood. Next game he immortal/sentry'd me. Game after I Roach/Ling all inned. Fourth game he did a really fast 4 gate after ffe, so in the fifth I six pooled him. Final game he tried to pylon block me, but didn't realise there were depots until he got to my base. He raged for a bit about how !@#$ Zerg is as a race, how we don't do anything but cheese or turtle and then quit.

On a side note (or on topic), the only BM I've gotten on ladder in the last few months from a non-Zerg was "gg macro race". The rest were just Zergs whining about how anyone who doesn't immediately go Roaches is a cheesing, ling all inning scrub.
Reply Quote
I got ling all-ined against with 3 of the 4 zergs I played yesterday. Personally I find that I read what they were doing wrong so I deserved the loss. Ling all ins require just as much surprise as any other so I find it fair. I just need to get better at scouting it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]