StarCraft® II

Scan should no longer serve as detection.

Nerf Terran really?

If it's not broken don't fix it man. Seriously.
Reply Quote
no lol raven is most usless unit (in pvt), force terran to make raven for dt is like force protoss to make voidray to counter banshee.
/thread
Edited by BronzeAddict on 11/10/2012 10:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
The OP is dumb.

He's posted this 10 times now... and everyone says NO!

Take a hint OP, stop posting.
Reply Quote
Remove feedback and sure
Reply Quote
Quick and simple, not every race should be the same, if every race were the same, what's the point of having three races, why not just one? And if you have a problem with something in the game, try and fix it by YOU getting better at the game, not by changing the game itself, just saying (and yes i think scan is cheap).
Reply Quote
Consider the cost of all mobile detection.
Reply Quote
In the lore of the game there is no reason why Terrans would not have cloaked observation. Why would they develop cloak and not a cloaked observer.

I would like to see terrans get out ravens for a cheaper price like 100/50 for pure observation with no abilities other then PDD......then another upgrade option in which they could use cloak on their ravens....along with upgrading seeker missile etc.

I have always been opposed to the scan. Its such a powerful tool for terrans that they can have a dozen CC's and scan the map literally non stop....scan every battle non stop and its not preventable.

On the other hand why would advanced race such as protoss not develop a scan ability from its own far away building or for that matter why would zerg not develop additional observation methods given that the 2 enemies of their own race have such potent cloaked units?
Reply Quote
Scan should no longer give detection, but instead give minerals.
Reply Quote
Nerf Terran really?

If it's not broken don't fix it man. Seriously.

Then don't add detection to a unit like Widow Mine. Terrans were already hard enough to attack with cloaked units because of scan... even harder now because of such a cheap anti-detection unit that can be reactored out.
Reply Quote
11/10/2012 08:20 AMPosted by DilDaD
Scan should no longer give detection, but instead give minerals.

n

o
Reply Quote
Give ghosts a thermal vision ability that drains energy as fast as cloak does and detects within its range.
Reply Quote
Each race has a special way to detect cloaked things.
zerg: fungal
protoss: the oracle-thing
terran: scan
Reply Quote
Mass up observers, get HT, get observer speed upgrade, try to snipe vikings. Yeah its frustrating going up against sky terran, but it's doable.
Reply Quote
Each race has a special way to detect cloaked things.
zerg: fungal
protoss: the oracle-thing
terran: scan

oracles dont detect anymore.
Reply Quote
no

.........yes if you care to make observers 200 gas, and overseers 200 gas too -_-

mobile detection for terran is far to expensive in the current state of the game to be affordable as quickly as an overseer/observer.
Reply Quote
Make the raven more easily accessible and not a bull!@#$ unit and I'm ok with it.
Reply Quote
The difference between Protoss and Zerg detection and Terran detection, and indeed, why Terran needs scan to detect, is the tech level/cost of detection.

Observers are relatively low on the tech tree, and are relatively cheap and quick to make.
Overseers are low on the tech tree, and are very cheap and quick to make.
Ravens are high on the tech tree, and are very expensive and slow to make.

Thus, Terran needs alternate detection, thus Terran needs scan.

If you give us a detector similar to Obs/Ovs, then I'd be with you 100%, but at the moment, it's just not feasible.
Reply Quote
I agree with this. But to balance it out ravens should be edited to either be...

1) More powerful and thus worth the cost
2) Slightly nerfed, but decreased build times and cost to accommodate and make it more of a natural detector

However with HOTS on the horizon none of this can happen with the widow mines in the current state that they are in.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]