StarCraft® II

Scan should no longer serve as detection.

This is the worst idea i've ever heard.

protoss would rush DTs and Zerg would rush burrowed units and Terran would have absolutely no map presence until a Raven comes out.

Which is a massive investment

THIS IS LIKE SAYING

Protoss HAS TO GET A Collosus before they are even allowed to step on the map. ANY early aggression, any early pressure ANYTHING is not okay because if they have ANY cloaked units you lose.
THIS !!!

and to answer ur question NO !!
Reply Quote
Eliminating scan WOULD make the Ravens more viable. It would force Terrans to make the damn thing! And its not hard to, switch it for a tech lab... As I said somewhere in this post, maybe making the cost of the raven cheaper would work for this.

Omg guys I just got an idea. We remove the queen's anti-air, prohibit fungal from hitting air, remove infested terrans, and remove corruptors attack. Suddenly HYDRAS ARE MORE VIABLE. It would force Zerg to make the damn things. And its not hard to, just get a lair and hydra den.
Reply Quote
11/10/2012 01:16 PMPosted by DukeInstinct
Eliminating scan WOULD make the Ravens more viable. It would force Terrans to make the damn thing! And its not hard to, switch it for a tech lab... As I said somewhere in this post, maybe making the cost of the raven cheaper would work for this.

Omg guys I just got an idea. We remove the queen's anti-air, prohibit fungal from hitting air, remove infested terrans, and remove corruptors attack. Suddenly HYDRAS ARE MORE VIABLE. It would force Zerg to make the damn things. And its not hard to, just get a lair and hydra den.

+1
Reply Quote
11/09/2012 06:20 PMPosted by HeReTiC
No.
Reply Quote
Each race has a special way to detect cloaked things.
zerg: fungal
protoss: the oracle-thing
terran: scan

oracles dont detect anymore.

When did this happen?
i thought revelation detected.
Reply Quote

oracles dont detect anymore.

When did this happen?
i thought revelation detected.

no, im fairly certain that was changed.
Reply Quote
How would Terran fend off early Dark Templar, Banshees, or Ghosts? They need that detection for the early game. The Raven is too late in the tech tree to be of any use.

Q.E.D. No
Reply Quote
11/09/2012 06:20 PMPosted by HeReTiC
No.

Yes.
Reply Quote
Sorry your noob dt rush didn't work.

Lol, oh poor you to have to make a turret in the early game like Protoss and Zerg have to make cannons and spores to stop your banshee rush...NOOB xD lol

Implying zerg/protoss would invest 150/100 + 150/100 + 50/25 + 100/200 just to get mobile detection
Edited by JudgeFudge on 11/10/2012 2:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
This is more than a balance change and is therefore too drastic for a WOL change. But when you look at Hots as it is, then scan as detection is okay again; why? because protoss gets detection on the mscore, and zerg don't have major issues v banshees anyway.
Reply Quote
This is the stupidest thing I have ever seen
Reply Quote
11/09/2012 06:18 PMPosted by LoneWolf
thi

s

is

bu

sh

it
Reply Quote
11/10/2012 01:16 PMPosted by DukeInstinct

Omg guys I just got an idea. We remove the marines, marauders, siege tanks, and MULES. Suddenly, WE HAVE A BALANCED GAME. It would force Terran to put some effort into their wins. And its not hard to, just make battlecruisers.
Reply Quote
11/09/2012 06:20 PMPosted by Arcas
I for one would love if Terran got a new detector unit earlier than ravens, and make coms-sat not detect. It is the only detection in the game that is 100% unblockable.

Widow mine?
Reply Quote
11/10/2012 05:02 PMPosted by MalZen
Widow mine?

lmao
Reply Quote
I give OP a 6/10 for getting 4 pages of replies.
Reply Quote
Yea this is just what we need. producing a extra starport to make a worthless raven that takes for ever to build. as T i dont want to be wasting scans on some noob dt rush. turrets are worthless against what they detect. if my army is away for a single minute u can just warp in dts and take out the turret that is supposed to protect me from them. but cant shoot them. cannons shoot dts and only need 1 prob to build as many as you need. its kinda redic* and as far as a new unit. im for it but make it producible from the CC. kinda like a queen is. i really dont think its fair to ask T to take up production time with a unit that will in all likly hood die the second you spot it. scan is fine. mules are not OP. and mariens arnt the counter for every thing. i swear ppl find the wierdest things to QQ about with this race.
Reply Quote
11/09/2012 06:40 PMPosted by MetalGear
Sorry your noob dt rush didn't work.
Reply Quote
The detection of the scan should not be removed because the whole idea of it it is varied game play. One could argue that terrans should units like speedlings because the terrans don't have a unit like that.

Making another unit like the observer or overseer would just be a superficial cop-out. The idea is to vary how each race has to play. That is the success of Starcraft.

In addition, I highly doubt Bilzzard would consider a move like this. They almost removed the overseer because of this very reason - its role was too limited. Single-role units lower the strategy value of the game significantly.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]