StarCraft® II

Scan should no longer serve as detection.

11/10/2012 01:25 PMPosted by Zerglor
[quote]Eliminating scan WOULD make the Ravens more viable. It would force Terrans to make the damn thing! And its not hard to, switch it for a tech lab... As I said somewhere in this post, maybe making the cost of the raven cheaper would work for this.

Omg guys I just got an idea. We remove the queen's anti-air, prohibit fungal from hitting air, remove infested terrans, and remove corruptors attack. Suddenly HYDRAS ARE MORE VIABLE. It would force Zerg to make the damn things. And its not hard to, just get a lair and hydra den.
+1 we should remove gateway's unit anti air, so we can force protoss to make stargate to counter banshee harass. then stargate will become more viable in PvT
Reply Quote
I'll accept having scan removed from terran if missile turret costs get dropped to 50 minerals, feedback is removed from protoss, along with burrow from roaches and banelings.
Reply Quote
uh... an orbital command is more expensive than an observer in almost every way, (550 min 0 gas 90sec). Scan only lasts like 20 seconds, and unless you can already see the blur from the cloaked unit, its a random guess into the fog of war... obs and ovies can give timings away that scans can't and they are tier 2 vs a raven tier 3... and that's if which is a big if you saved the energy for scan since terrans need mules to keep up w/ the loss mining from the lack of workers built (since terran workers are built the slowest b/c of chrono for toss and multiple larvae for zerg) and from workers that are building stuff...
Reply Quote
OP learn to split ur dt and move out of scan.
Reply Quote
11/10/2012 10:04 PMPosted by BronzeAddict
OP learn to split ur dt and move out of scan.

URSOSMART
Reply Quote
This thread is hilarious! I'd come up with a detailed argument about why this idea shouldn't happen, except I don't have to... it's NEVER going to happen EVER! You might as well tell Blizzard to remove Marines from the game or make Zerglings cost gas. The chances of any of these things becoming reality are roughly the same, zero.

Good luck with your crusade, though.
Reply Quote
Eliminating scan WOULD make the Ravens more viable. It would force Terrans to make the damn thing! And its not hard to, switch it for a tech lab... As I said somewhere in this post, maybe making the cost of the raven cheaper would work for this.

It's funny how people have tried using that logic to explain how nerfing fungal would make hydras more viable.
Edited by Fawxkitteh on 11/10/2012 10:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
I like it.

But give terran an easy-to-sustain detector.

Maybe something like a mini RC car? (Idk, I just wanna see something other than a flying OB)
Reply Quote
11/10/2012 10:43 PMPosted by Fawxkitteh
Eliminating scan WOULD make the Ravens more viable. It would force Terrans to make the damn thing! And its not hard to, switch it for a tech lab... As I said somewhere in this post, maybe making the cost of the raven cheaper would work for this.

It's funny how people have tried using that logic to explain how nerfing fungal would make hydras more viable.
well it is even more funny when nothing is viable against infestor
Reply Quote
two words: HELL TO THE NO!
Reply Quote
why give them more energy for MULEs?
Reply Quote
11/10/2012 11:19 PMPosted by BronzeAddict

ghosts?
Reply Quote
The scan should lose its ability to detect cloaked or burrowed units only when,

1. Raven costs 1 supply, 25 mins, 75 gas, and has permanent cloaking. Build time decreases to 30 from 60. Health decreases to 60 from 140. Armor decreases to 0 from 1. Movement speed remains the same. The raven also loses all its abilities (Auto-turret, PDD, and Seeker Missile).

Or

2. Raven gives 8 supply, costs 150 mins and 50 gas. Health increases to 200 from 140. Movement speed increases to 2.75 from 2.5. Armor decreases to 0 from 1. Build time remains the same. The raven also loses all its abilities (Auto-turret, PDD, and Seeker Missile).

Or

3. Raven gains the ability that grants detection to an allied unit. The raven can also targets other raven or itself with this ability. The ability works similar to the "Ocular Parasite", the Viper's old ability except, it now costs 75 energy instead of one Ocular Parasite per viper and it can now target massive units. The ability replaces "Auto-Turret"
•The raven stats and costs remains the same.
•The raven abilities are "Granting detection, PDD, and Seeker Missile"
Reply Quote

Omg guys I just got an idea. We remove the marines, marauders, siege tanks, and MULES. Suddenly, WE HAVE A BALANCED GAME. It would force Terran to put some effort into their wins. And its not hard to, just make battlecruisers.

Sooooo butt hurt. So very butt hurt.
Reply Quote

maybe banelings should get that move while burrowed deal that they were going to get. lets see if they want to get away with only using scan.
Reply Quote
11/11/2012 01:28 AMPosted by xDRxBALO

ghosts?
no ghost do not counter infestor, ghost vs infestor is like phoneix vs viking.
Reply Quote
11/11/2012 02:01 AMPosted by BronzeAddict

Not sure if trolling. Ghosts out-range infestors with EMP, have more HP and a standard attack. In order to fungal a ghost, by default you enter the range for EMP. You're trading 30 damage to the ghost for all of the energy from at least one infestor (75 for fungal + 100 from being EMP'ed).
Reply Quote
lol look at all the defensive terrans, so ready to through stones while living in glass command centers.
Reply Quote
11/11/2012 02:20 AMPosted by Damy
lol look at all the defensive terrans, so ready to through stones while living in glass command centers.

11/11/2012 02:01 AMPosted by BronzeAddict
ghost vs infestor is like phoneix vs viking.

lol
Reply Quote

Not sure if trolling. Ghosts out-range infestors with EMP, have more HP and a standard attack. In order to fungal a ghost, by default you enter the range for EMP. You're trading 30 damage to the ghost for all of the energy from at least one infestor (75 for fungal + 100 from being EMP'ed).
emp does not kill infestor which means if u fungal the ghost u can kill it during engagement. i think i already discussed in another thread, a emp should not hit more than 1 infestor simply because the emp only outrange fungal by 0.5 and infestor is very large. let me ask you one thing if zerg made 12 infestor how many ghost are u gonna make to counter them? fungal can land before emp land which makes it impossible to carpet emp infestor. if u tell terran to make 8 ghost to counter 12 infestor, infestor can dump all the energy on infested terran during engagement. if we talk about lategame, broodling blocking ghost path making emp even more diffculty. IF Ghost really counter infestor, dont u think it is odd that koreans terran refuse to make ghost against infestor? oh i get it korean terran are bad compare to zerg players in code s which remind me when terran tells zerg L2P when every zerg cries for ghost snipe nerf.
Edited by BronzeAddict on 11/11/2012 4:55 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]