StarCraft® II

Legacy of the Void Release Date

(Locked)

With HotS not coming out till 2013, do you think it will take blizzard as long to release LotV? I'm thinking it will depend on how smoothly HotS is when it comes out. If it comes out balanced very well I can see LotV in 2015 otherwise I think 2016 could happen.
When it's done.
HotS is fairly ambitious for an expansion. theyre completely remaking the physics engine without increasing (drastically) the minimum requirements. Unless LoV does something similarly ambitious, it wont take nearly as long to produce.
Soonish.
While the time gap between WoL and HotS was almost 3 years, that was an extreamly long time for an expansion to come out. The time gap for previous Starcraft/Warcraft expansions have been exceedingly short (Under 1 year). If HotS took so long because of remaking the physics engine, and LoV doesn't do something that ambitious, then its possible LoV could be released next year or even possibly at the end of this year.
To be fair, they were actually trying to get HotS out in 2012 as a big release all three titles deal, but HotS got delayed for balancing and all that.

I'd expect a target of 2015, likely early 2016.
While the time gap between WoL and HotS was almost 3 years, that was an extreamly long time for an expansion to come out. The time gap for previous Starcraft/Warcraft expansions have been exceedingly short (Under 1 year). If HotS took so long because of remaking the physics engine, and LoV doesn't do something that ambitious, then its possible LoV could be released next year or even possibly at the end of this year.

End of this year? Yeah, ok. I say December 2015.
Soon™.
Soon™.

Agree, I think with a few new units, balance and main focus on the story line. I say a year maybe 2 max. I doubt they redo the lobby again, the replay system the ingame physics. They did a lot of stuff for this expand.
I really hope they dont make a whole lot more changes. I actually like the new game leveling system and what not. So it shouldnt take them to long to pound out LotV
To be fair, they were actually trying to get HotS out in 2012 as a big release all three titles deal, but HotS got delayed for balancing and all that.

My sentiments as well, I expect LotV to be released in the summer of 2015. The main reason being that they probably don't want to large of a gap between WoL and LotV due to it being up to date graphically and other reasons and 5 years is pretty good.

However, I could see it getting delayed to the latest of summer of 2016 if they have issues with balancing. So basically I'd say it's most likely to be released somewhere in between those two dates and if it was released earlier or later then that would be very surprising.
Edited by Raver on 3/16/2013 1:59 AM PDT
03/16/2013 01:58 AMPosted by Raver

why? what possible reason is there to wait for 3 years.

idea....create...test...= 3 years? no

why? what possible reason is there to wait for 3 years.

idea....create...test...= 3 years? no

Is this directed to me or Fluttershy? I didn't make that post, I said LotV would be released at the earliest at the summer of 2015 if everything goes as planned for Blizzard and at the latest at the summer of 2016 pending unforeseen circumstances. So it's highly likely it will be released some time in between imo.
Edited by Raver on 3/16/2013 2:06 AM PDT
Why? Because they want to milk the HotS pro scene.
I want LoTV to take a long time just like how HoTS did.

Why? Just look at the damn campaign of BW and TFT, they have so few cinematics in comparison to that of the original version of them. BW has 4, and TFT has 2, that sucks. If LoTV takes a little time to make, than it'll be just as bad
ASAP

And then Warcraft IV! Please Blizzard!
My best guess will be that Blizzard will try hard to have it out at least by 2015. I think they want to avoid having to wait 3 years for it.
When it's done.

HotS should still be in storyboard stage then?

Blizzard threw that company slogan out the window awhile ago. Now they are using the old Starcraft cheat 'Show me the money'.
Lets hope for December 2014. What I don't know is why terran and zerg always come before toss.......
Edited by Jimmy on 3/16/2013 4:21 AM PDT
I think it will take a lot less time to finish this one. Most of Heart of the Swarm was balancing and gameplay, but this one seems to be more focused on the Campaign, which if we all remember was ready in like 2010. Since there had been doubt about new units, it really shouldn't take that long.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]