StarCraft® II

Void All in

sit back and defend is your best option. If your build had an engineering bay early putting a turret at your main is fine otherwise don't rush it. Making 2+ bunkers would have made holding the push rather easy tbh. Also, patrol for proxy pylons along the edges of the base; warp-ins inside kill you a lot

Once you have stim or combat shield you should be a bit more comfortable moving around.
Reply Quote
I have fought every kind of league and never heard of this. At first I thought you were a total idiot, most likely silver. Was VERY supprised you were master and am very interested in this replay, ill watch when im home, lookin forward to see if I know anything that might help you in anyway.
Reply Quote
Go literally the same build, but get basically only marines. They won't have that many sentries either, so the Zealots will get shredded. 3/3 marines with stim and CS and medivacs will beat any void all in.
Reply Quote
im gonna watch the replay, then start using it against terran and get to master league! woo!
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 01:12 PMPosted by Nacht
Go literally the same build, but get basically only marines. They won't have that many sentries either, so the Zealots will get shredded. 3/3 marines with stim and CS and medivacs will beat any void all in.

how do i get 3/3 marines in time?
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 01:16 PMPosted by Danule
im gonna watch the replay, then start using it against terran and get to master league! woo!

haha I hope so, its pretty easy for toss to execute. But im also pretty rusty defending this so dont get too excited. apparently 3/3 marines and mass raven are pretty easy to get to defend this.
Reply Quote
Also do you think it is worth it to just pull back to main to leave toss little options on attack paths?(As long as I know he hasnt expanded behind it)
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 01:20 PMPosted by htpkAzrael
Also do you think it is worth it to just pull back to main to leave toss little options on attack paths?(As long as I know he hasnt expanded behind it)

Hmmm this sounds very situational. If these kind of wonky, out there or all in ish builds don't work, they usually go for a contain.

I just find that more often than not, when I for example get 4 gated or cannon rushed I sneak a drop in or low ground warp in somewhere else and if my defense was enough to dissuade any more of a commitment to the attack I can kill his whole base because he tried to get an expansion out playing greedy and depending on the contain.

If you have ever been 3 pylon blocked and cannoned as zerg you know that the moment you have the roaches to bust and go to his base he has like 4 bases already.

You should get someone to do this to you a couple times and just figure out exactly what they are capable of doing. gl to you :)
Reply Quote
How do you beat it?
http://drop.sc/274568
Im completely willing to change my build, but I would rather alter it somehow. like instead of combat shields get factory and maybe vikings quicker.
and sorry for the BM, guy was an !@#$%^-.
I usually get a 3rd gas, combat shields, +1 and after starports throw down. Should i defend? all in sooner?
Vikings 1st or medivacs 1st?
Turrets or bunkers?
and how about this one, its a practice game vs my buddy.
http://drop.sc/274570

Not sure how much my opinion is worth, but from what I saw in the replay it seemed everything you did was good against his build until you pushed past your natural ramp and he revealed the voids. At that point I would have cancelled the factory and started an engi bay asap, built another bunker or two on the high ground, (once engi bay was done) throw down some turrets and then hold the push. If he decides at that point to turn around you also know that you're ahead seeing as he was still on one base and once you get stim and cs done those voids should be able to be taken down and he ggs out.

11/12/2012 01:20 PMPosted by htpkAzrael

Imo, I still think it'd be best if you still attempted to hold your natural. Just gotta watch out for those proxy pylons so he doesn't do a high ground warp in.

11/12/2012 01:12 PMPosted by Nacht

By the point that you would get 3/3 with CS and stim as well as medivacs the game should've ended a long, long time ago. Getting level three attack ups alone take about 10 minutes (including time taken to build engineering bay) and that's assuming you have the minerals and gas to get it.
Reply Quote
Thanks Cerberus, kinda what I was thinking.
Reply Quote
Just watched the replay and Cerberus said, what I was going to say but better and gave more info than I could ever give. I think I might try this build out looks powerful, I myself tryed a similar build like this thinking I was being creative and it failed and I never looked back sense I could never get it to work vs diamonds (never had the chance to try vs a master). Perhaps it is time to revisit this, perhaps mess around with the build.
Reply Quote
http://drop.sc/274862
Here is another one.
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 02:47 PMPosted by htpkAzrael
Here is another one.

How many times do you lose to this?
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 02:50 PMPosted by VIPER
Here is another one.

How many times do you lose to this?

Im practicing vs it
Reply Quote
Here is another one.

1)you were not on point with scv/marine production, may have weakened you or showed that you did too much in a short time.

2)that marine patrolling your half the map should have been at the watch tower to watch for the push, marines in base can patrol for pylons that can warp threats inside. you couldn't do much if you spotted a pylon at the 4/5 spots with 1 marine anyway. The reaction time really hurt you.

3)getting combat shield first would probably be better. gives hp and comes faster instead of taking longer and making marines squishier.If you wanted stim for that push you would have had to start it before 6 min.
Edited by gerdro on 11/12/2012 3:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
2)that marine patrolling your half the map should have been at the watch tower to watch for the push, marines in base can patrol for pylons that can warp threats inside. you couldn't do much if you spotted a pylon at the 4/5 spots with 1 marine anyway. The reaction time really hurt you.

3)getting combat shield first would probably be better. gives hp and comes faster instead of taking longer and making marines squishier.If you wanted stim for that push you would have had to start it before 6 min.

2-i really like that marine there
3- i agree I think combat shield is better
Reply Quote
Here is another one.

Imo, some early pressure might aid your build against a two or three gate stargate player. At around six minutes all he had was a zealot, a stalker, and a sentry with one void ray about half done (the sentry had just finished as well). You had 6 marines at the time. Going for two or three rax after expo instead of four might change it up a bit but I'm not sure on that one seeing as I've never tried it. Also, try to get that barracks timing down a little faster. You had about 120 minerals left over when you threw those three down (not that I could do it any better, but hey... It's those little things that make a difference between players at the higher levels of play).

Make sure you have control over the watch tower before 8 minutes in (if it's not a proxy stargate play) or around 7 (if it is a proxy play). Having your initial marines scout around looking for it was good, I got pretty happy when I saw that (initially watched the replay from your point of view).

Not sure what ups would benefit you the most against this style of play... So no opinion there from me (I'm no help, I know :P).

Imo, the sentries that FF'd your bunkers are what did you in unfortunately. Had you been able to repair I feel that would have ended rather differently (although the zealot count was stupid high comparatively... he definitely prepared for your defense).

One idea (not sure on the practicality of it) that I had was to perhaps make a depot wall or place your barracks at the ramp with the bunker(s) behind it so there's a meat shield in place to occupy the zealots while you keep busy target firing on the voids. Another missile turret probably wouldn't hurt either.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]